Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-26-2007, 02:02 PM   #301
baseketball4life
NBA All-star

Default Re: Chris Benoit And His Family Found Dead

all three are dead so does it matter who killed who?

sad tragedy either way
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:03 PM   #302
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

TMZ: Benoit Strangles Wife, Smothers Son, Hangs Self

06/26/2007 by Ryan Clark

TMZ has learned more about the deaths of WWE wrestling superstar Chris Benoit, his wife and son -- and the information is extremely disturbing.

Several Atlanta-based law enforcement sources have told TMZ Benoit may have strangled his wife on Saturday, then smothered his son in his bed a day later. Investigators refuse to officially comment, pending final confirmation by the coroner on the cause and time of the deaths.

One source told TMZ that Benoit was texting friends during Sunday's WWE "Vengeance" Pay-Per-View program -- possibly watching the show with his son, who may have been alive at the time.

According to sources, Benoit then hanged himself Monday in a weight room inside the family home.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.p...leid=184881473

Last edited by Lebron23 : 06-26-2007 at 02:06 PM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:06 PM   #303
The Hurricane
Banned

http://www.cnn.com/

The TMZ report that LeBron23 just posted has been confirmed by CNN.com
The Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:08 PM   #304
dgilbert
I usually hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomBalla55
Let's factor in a few things first:

That report about his wife killing his kid and then Benoit killing his wife is almost 99% false CONSIDERING that it contradicts EVERYTHING the media says and believes.

With that said, it COULD be real. I don't think so though.

Next, let's consider that wrestling requires such time, dedication, heart, and it leaves your body in constant stress to stay in shape. Benoit gives it his all in EVERY match and has probably suffered thousands of concussions. We all know wrestlers need pain killers and stuff and probably medication. Benoit, like GoBB said, could've easily lost it momentarily. Or maybe he was just depressed?

However, you know what's really wierd? The fact that the WWE pulls EVERYTHING off their website about Benoit immediately. WWE is either acting on impulse or is getting people like Chavo to confess what Benoit said, because they do report that he was sending out text messages.

It's a shame. Benoit's in ring accomplishments are outstanding but this incident tarnishes his wrestling legacy. However, until EVERYTHING is confirmed, this is mostly speculation.
I agree about the wife story, I don't buy it. In my opinion the guy snapped, most likely due to roid rage as the main factor, along with any other drug dependency he had. Either way he's a piece of ***** in my eyes. I don't know how anyone could kill their own child. What pisses me off more is WWE did this honour show making him look like some great guy, when just a day earlier he was killing his family.
dgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:12 PM   #305
dgilbert
I usually hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hurricane
http://www.cnn.com/

The TMZ report that LeBron23 just posted has been confirmed by CNN.com
if it's confirmed then I'd say him killing his son had nothing to do with roid rage, more or less it was just outright selfishness for him thinking his son couldn't go on living with his mom dead, and his dad in jail or dead. What a piece of crap.
dgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:12 PM   #306
RandomBalla55
Local High School Star

the WWE didn't know about the news until after their tribute show, so I can't blame them here.

However, what will they do now? The more news that comes out, the worse Benoit looks. Do you honor his accomplishments and risk backlash or something?

WWE is in a TOUGH dilemma. Oh, and it's like 95% confirmed that Benoit stranged the wife and smuggled the kid. .
RandomBalla55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:06 PM   #307
MadeFromDust
exercise profits littl

On the radio they Were quoting the fuzz as saying Benoit not only strangled his Wife, but he had her bound by hands and feet as Well. This Was late Friday and then he choked his son out the next day, and then Sunday he hung himself by the pullies and cables on his Weight machines. ugh.
MadeFromDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:15 PM   #308
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

I read that he was text messaging his friends on Sunday during some wrestling match, possibly with his son. What a coward.

This is from TMZ, so take it with a grain of salt.

Quote:
TMZ has learned more about the deaths of WWE wrestling superstar Chris Benoit, his wife and son -- and the information is extremely disturbing. Several Atlanta-based law enforcement sources have told TMZ Benoit may have strangled his wife on Saturday, then smothered his son in his bed a day later. Investigators refuse to officially comment, pending final confirmation by the coroner on the cause and time of the deaths. The source told TMZ that Benoit was texting friends during Sunday's WWE "Vengeance" Pay-Per-View program -- possibly watching the show with his son, who may have been alive at the time. According to sources, Benoit then hanged himself Monday in a weight room inside the family home.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:50 PM   #309
D-Wade
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
I read that he was text messaging his friends on Sunday during some wrestling match, possibly with his son. What a coward.

This is from TMZ, so take it with a grain of salt.

things aint right about it all though. I meen there now saying he died Saturday, but he was texting people sunday.
D-Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:01 AM   #310
MadeFromDust
exercise profits littl

What if Chavo Guerrero did it in collusion with Vickie Guerrero who showed Chris much on-air spite a few months ago?
MadeFromDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:02 AM   #311
D-Wade
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeFromDust
What if Chavo Guerrero did it in collusion with Vickie Guerrero who showed Chris much on-air spite a few months ago?

Your not from Killeen, TX are you?
Old 06-27-2007, 12:08 AM   #312
D-Wade
Good college starter

The Associated Press reported the following a few minutes ago.

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) -- A professional wrestler who killed himself and his family was a former customer of a company implicated in an upstate New York investigation of illegal steroid sales.

That's according to the Albany County District Attorney's Office, which is conducting the investigation in New York.

Authorities in Fayetteville say Chris Benoit strangled his wife and suffocated his 7-year-old son before hanging himself over the weekend.

Investigators found anabolic steroids in the house and want to know whether the muscular man was unhinged by the bodybuilding drugs, which can cause paranoia, depression and explosive outbursts known as "roid rage."

In Albany, the DA's office confirms the 40-year-old Benoit was a customer as recently as last year of the south Florida company MedXLife.

Two of its co-owners pleaded guilty to drug charges in Albany County in April, admitting they helped get prescriptions drugs in 2006 for customers in upstate New York who had no medical need for them. The pair testified Signature Pharmacy of Orlando filled the orders.

MedXLife, no longer taking orders, attracted customers through its Web site.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:10 AM   #313
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomBalla55
the WWE didn't know about the news until after their tribute show, so I can't blame them here.

However, what will they do now? The more news that comes out, the worse Benoit looks. Do you honor his accomplishments and risk backlash or something?

WWE is in a TOUGH dilemma. Oh, and it's like 95% confirmed that Benoit stranged the wife and smuggled the kid. .
I think the WWE will do nothing..I don't think they'll be mentioning him anymore.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: