Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: 5:10 AM in the east

I'd rather read as well. Listening to audio books takes too long. I hate my reading style though since I go way too fast. I usually miss small details.

Blu Ray

happens to me too, read too fast sometimes

then i notice im reading too fast and read the same sentence like 10 times before i move on

weird, but its concentration issues with me, if i get into the right mood and concentrate then i dont miss anything

(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^) big baller's Avatar

Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I Cannot Sleep!!!!!!!!!

Blu Ray

welcome to the club, i usually get tired three times a night, tonight it was 8pm, so i tried to take a nap, couldnt sleep

then again around 3am, tried to go to bed, couldnt sleep

even though i was tired, felt like i could have fallen asleep but NOOOOOOOOO

so now i do what i do every night, stay up til i pass out

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gencbiba
    I want to start that series. Can you answer some of my questions...

Does the series revolve solely on Roland? I don't usually like narration to focus on other characters' point of view that much.

Also, does it take place in a world similar to our planet?

A lot of badass scenes btw?

The series as a whole revolves around many, many characters. The main focus is on 4 individuals, and the stories delve deeply into their backgrounds. So you may be dissatisfied in that respect, for while Roland is the main character.. hes not the only focus.

The story and where it takes place is difficult to explain because its so sporadic in nature. Parts of the story is in a fantasy (alternative universe-like) world called Mid-World, and other portions are in 'our' world. Much of the series is however based in a magical atmosphere that is filled with fantasy type of stuff. The story is so jammed packed with so many different styles that its difficult to explain.

The stories are typically long and filled with a lot of description. So while it does hold many action sequences, they are far spread apart. Its not really a story I would call 'action' or 'thriller', ironically its character driven..
    Last edited by ZeN; 11-29-2009 at 07:00 AM.

Very good NBA starter

hey guys that are up, have any of you ever had an ex girlfriend that you haven't talked to for over a year call you out of the blue and tell you that "we can't talk anymore" due to her therapists orders?

didn't happen to me tonight, but i have a question if anyone meets that criteria

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    The series as a whole revolves around many, many characters. The main focus is on 4 individuals, and the stories delve deeply into their backgrounds. So you may be dissatisfied in that respect, for while Roland is the main character.. hes not the only focus.

The story and where it takes place is difficult to explain because its so sporadic in nature. Parts of the story is in a fantasy (alternative universe-like) world called Mid-World, and other portions are in 'our' world. Much of the series is however based in a magical atmosphere that is filled with fantasy type of stuff. The story is so jammed packed with so many different styles that its difficult to explain.

The stories are typically long and filled with a lot of description. So while it does hold many action sequences, they are far spread apart. Its not really a story I would call 'action' or 'thriller', ironically its character driven..
    Damn. I can't bring myself to read those types of novels.

I usually like the stories of 1 main protagonist with supporting characters, kinda like the Drizzt Do'Urden books and Name of the Wind, which was a great novel. I don't like narration to focus on more than 1-2 characters however.

Any suggestions by book lovers?

NBA Legend

12:26 am here