Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Draft

Good college starter

Default 2012 Draft

Chad Ford: Lots of teams buzzing about a Dion Waiters promise. Teams say he's canceled all upcoming workouts. Blazers, Raptors, Suns all suspects Twitter

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: 2012 Draft

I know nothing about him. I'll have to start doing my research.

Yeah, even with limited research, I'm not impressed. Raptors have #8, and that seems way too high for this guy. Him going #11 (us) or #13 (Suns) seems way more reasonable, but I wouldn't even draft him there unless there is something about him that the mock draft "experts" aren't seeing.

Decent playground baller tedloc's Avatar

Trade both picks for charlottes number 2 and draft thomas robinson from kansas... that guy is gonna be a solid big... or draft zeller @ 6, and austin rivers @ 11... I like rivers alot alot of mocks have him going way low

Quote Originally Posted by tedloc
    Trade both picks for charlottes number 2 and draft thomas robinson from kansas... that guy is gonna be a solid big... or draft zeller @ 6, and austin rivers @ 11... I like rivers alot alot of mocks have him going way low
    You want us to trade up to draft a guy at a position we need the least? I assume you want Aldridge to play center full time then.

I'm crossing my fingers for Drummond at #6 and Marshall at #11. Not only do I think those guys are great value at those spots, but they also fit needs.

Marshall
    Matthews
    Batum
    Aldridge
    Drummond

+ a free agent or 2 (Dragic and Hawes or Kamon would be nice).

Decent playground baller tedloc's Avatar

Drummond is exciting... High potential

he doesnt post up very well, though he could learn

but what worries me is he already had a stress fracture in his ankle and then again broke the same ankle and had to have a screw inserted...
    we've already been down this road
    and as someone who has a screw in their ankle i can tell you its not the same.

I was not aware of those surgeries. Still, no need to give up 2 lottery picks for 1 that is at a position we clearly have filled. Maybe we should go for Beal and Marshall instead.

Saw a basketball once

From the mock drafts I've been looking at I'm seeing Drummond and Lillard mentiond quite a bit as Blazer selections.

That said I'm not a big fan of Drummond. I know the Blazers need a center of the future and he is the top rated center in this years draft. But from what I've seen. I'm not sold on him enough to spend the 6th or 11th pick on the guy. That said if the Blazers select him, I hope I'm wrong.

Good High School Starter

Beal at 6 and Marshall at 11. Don't bother drafting bigs, try and get one via trade/free agency.

I usually hit open layups Renegade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ODEN>DURANT
    Beal at 6 and Marshall at 11. Don't bother drafting bigs, try and get one via trade/free agency.
    Disagree. There are more quality PGs available in free agency than Cs. Draft a center at either 6 (Drummond) or 11 (Leonard). Marshall would be a good pickup. It's unlikely Beal is available at 6.

Local High School Star

Hey guys and gals...

Raptors fan lurking here ...no offence no harm intended.

Any local rumors doing a deal with Raptors around the picks? Yours are 6 / 11 ours is 8 ???? I thought Aldridge and Crawford were untouchable - Felton and Flynn on the way out but reports today suggest Crawford is not a core piece for you???

Ironically think both teams looking for the PG of the future and Lillard comes up both places.

Quote Originally Posted by Jballer
    Hey guys and gals...

Raptors fan lurking here ...no offence no harm intended.

Any local rumors doing a deal with Raptors around the picks? Yours are 6 / 11 ours is 8 ???? I thought Aldridge and Crawford were untouchable - Felton and Flynn on the way out but reports today suggest Crawford is not a core piece for you???

Ironically think both teams looking for the PG of the future and Lillard comes up both places.
    Crawford is the complete opposite of untouchable. He said he will opt out if not traded by the draft. Aldridge is close to untouchable (I don't think anybody is really untouchable), but there is nothing on the Raptors I would take for him. Felton is definitely gone as a Blazer. No word on what happens with Flynn, but I wouldn't mind him being signed cheap as a backup.

Also, no rumors here between Portland and the Raptors that I know of. Our most recent rumor was #11 potentially for Millsap, D. Collison, Evan Turner, or Bledsoe.

Local High School Star

So Liliard or Drummond ??? Any rumors or ideas ??

Curious casue it makes the Raptors pick different.

Thanks - good luck to Portland

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Crawford is the complete opposite of untouchable. He said he will opt out if not traded by the draft. Aldridge is close to untouchable (I don't think anybody is really untouchable), but there is nothing on the Raptors I would take for him. Felton is definitely gone as a Blazer. No word on what happens with Flynn, but I wouldn't mind him being signed cheap as a backup.

Also, no rumors here between Portland and the Raptors that I know of. Our most recent rumor was #11 potentially for Millsap, D. Collison, Evan Turner, or Bledsoe.

#11 for Evan Turner? I think I'd pull the trigger on that. He's still young and does a bit ov everything. If he learns to shoot the ball, he'd be better than anything the 11 would net you.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Jballer
    So Liliard or Drummond ??? Any rumors or ideas ??

Curious casue it makes the Raptors pick different.

Thanks - good luck to Portland

I got a feeling Drummond will be the pick if he's available.