Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-15-2008, 01:18 AM   #16
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Official PimpCast: Lakers vs. Sonics, 1/14/08, 7:30PM PST, Key Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by netdoc
LLLLLLLAAATTTTAAAAA!!!!!

This folks, is what P-Jax and Kobe get paid to do. They need to figure out something before Thursday though. They HAVE to get it together again. Turiaf came up big, Brown had a good game, but Lamar stunk it up. 6 points???? Are you effing kidding me? You're supposed to be the second leading scorer on this team and you get 6 POINTS!!!! Come on dude!

GET YOUR AZZ IN THE POST
AND GO TO WORK!!! STOP SHOOTING 3 POINTERS )(*!@#&%&^%(Q*@&#$!!!!!

He's no better in the post!!! I told my friend during the game that I am gonna start keeping a tally of the missed layups he has every game. He has at LEAST 3-4 EVERY game. That to me is just unacceptable. And Kwame I wont even go there right now.
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:31 AM   #17
driecken
I airball my layups

driecken has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Official PimpCast: Lakers vs. Sonics, 1/14/08, 7:30PM PST, Key Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by driecken
Agreed, Somehow I told ya so , it just doesn't cut it. I predicted a L.A. Win...
Look at Kobe's average points at that arena...

Even with bynum out they managed, lets see if it can continue..

Even with bynum out they managed, lets see if it can continue..

I didn't say anything about 8 weeks, and he will probably be back before that , 8 Weeks is the latest they say.

Moving on, the Lakers did very well that soon after losing a key component to their success thus far, the Lakers did what they needed, (not greatly done) but well enough to get it to the best closer in the NBA (KB 24)...

The bench needs to pick up more points and play more team ball
(Farmar , Turiaf , Ariza and Odom when he plays with second unit)

In addition, good defense will lead to turnovers leading to points on the other end.

**Great performances by Kobe Bryant** Thus far this season...
Go Lakers
driecken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:01 AM   #18
BTrujillo
& got a triple-double

BTrujillo has decent reputationBTrujillo has decent reputation

I have mixed feelings with this game...nice to see Kobe step up and carry the load just unfortunate he has to do that...the thing that sickened me the most was our interior defense...we made Collison look like an All-Star!!! Brown and Turiaf have no shot blocking ability against centers and are more suited as position defenders...our perimeter defense is going to have to do better on containing penetration...I did like how PJax put Odom on Kurt Thomas at the end of the game so that L.O. could better defend the pick n roll...netdoc is right...with the right adjustments we will be ok...much of it of course depends on L.O...too bad he's not dependable
BTrujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:46 AM   #19
BTrujillo
& got a triple-double

BTrujillo has decent reputationBTrujillo has decent reputation

Did anyone catch/notice Kobe's post-game comments with John Ireland...he said that with Bynum the Lakers are a championship caliber team...was nice and reassuring to hear...get well soon Drew!
BTrujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:38 AM   #20
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTrujillo
Did anyone catch/notice Kobe's post-game comments with John Ireland...he said that with Bynum the Lakers are a championship caliber team...was nice and reassuring to hear...get well soon Drew!

Yeah I heard that as well. He knows he cannot do it by himself. With Bynum in there, the floor spreads the way the Triangle has to (think Shaq/Kobe era). With Kwame, the floor collapses into the paint and they can key on Kobe.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:00 AM   #21
Robster89
Serious playground baller

Robster89 has decent reputationRobster89 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Yeah I heard that as well. He knows he cannot do it by himself. With Bynum in there, the floor spreads the way the Triangle has to (think Shaq/Kobe era). With Kwame, the floor collapses into the paint and they can key on Kobe.

Yep, it's like playing 4 against 5 with Kwame out there on offense. He's a black hole. If you throw the ball into him, it rarely comes back out, so you can tell the guards don't even want to send it in there.
His hands are horrible. Also, the guy a few posts earlier brings up a good point. While Kwame is a good man on man low post defender, he is actually a bad team defender. His BBall IQ is low, and he doesn't have a sense of whats going on around him. You look at Camby, a great example of a guy who can defend man on man, but excels on playing kind of that free safety position, and helping from the weak side perfectly. Kwame has no feel for that at all.
Drew still gets lost at times on D, but he has that feel for whats going on around him. He just lacks the experience.
We are so much better with Drew on the court, both offensively and defensively.
Robster89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:18 PM   #22
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robster89
His hands are horrible.

I wonder if Kwame could wear those football gloves that help them grip and catch the ball?

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:19 PM   #23
Robster89
Serious playground baller

Robster89 has decent reputationRobster89 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I wonder if Kwame could wear those football gloves that help them grip and catch the ball?

Classic!
Or we could slop some stickum on his hands
Robster89 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: