Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: This Is what happens When A Little Girl Gives Marijuana A Try...

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    Obviously this little girls body needs some of natures medicine to sustain a decent quality of life.
    Analogy spot on.

You people are painful man. No logic and argument, just meaningless bs like 'natures medicine.'

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

I always knew weed is the best thing ever!

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt
    It feels good because I get know what it's like being your daddy, and ****ing your mom.
    So again, since you can't really answer the question you resort to a silly come back. Thanks for proving my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta

You people are painful man. No logic and argument, just meaningless bs like 'natures medicine.'
    Explain to me the differences in side effects between weed and pharmaceutical pills.
    Last edited by The Iron Fist; 12-23-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Explain to me the differences in side effects between weed and pharmaceutical pills.
    What does that have to do with anything?

And no one can do that anyway, because different pills have different side effects, and plenty of pills are prescribed that help things on which weed has little effect.

Most of the weed people smoke is far from 'natural' as well.

This article, although pretty shit, does shed light on the distortion in saying 'weed cured this girl':

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sue-ru...b_3770496.html

'He points out that most medical marijuana growers and dispensaries make their money on high THC/low CBD marijuana, the exact opposite of what the Figis are giving their daughter twice a day. But he never explains why, if CBD is the ingredient with medical utility, growers and dispensaries are trying to breed CBD completely out of medical marijuana, while increasing THC, the chemical that makes you high (CBD doesn't).'

The weed she was having would barely get most people caned. I'm sure it has some medicinal uses, but that doesn't make all weed good for you, nor does it make weed 'nature's medicine' as you put it.

What does that have to do with anything?

And no one can do that anyway, because different pills have different side effects, and plenty of pills are prescribed that help things on which weed has little effect.

Most of the weed people smoke is far from 'natural' as well.

This article, although pretty shit, does shed light on the distortion in saying 'weed cured this girl':

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sue-ru...b_3770496.html

'He points out that most medical marijuana growers and dispensaries make their money on high THC/low CBD marijuana, the exact opposite of what the Figis are giving their daughter twice a day. But he never explains why, if CBD is the ingredient with medical utility, growers and dispensaries are trying to breed CBD completely out of medical marijuana, while increasing THC, the chemical that makes you high (CBD doesn't).'

The weed she was having would barely get most people caned. I'm sure it has some medicinal uses, but that doesn't make all weed good for you, nor does it make weed 'nature's medicine' as you put it.
    So, again, you're not basing this on personal experience, or from someone you know, rather, you're basing it on what you think.

Nice. Truth be told, my cousin had cancer. She recently told me the herb did much more for her than any pills prescribed.

But lets just believe your silly little head instead. You're entirely more credible than people who have actually gone through it.

So, again, you're not basing this on personal experience, or from someone you know, rather, you're basing it on what you think.

Nice. Truth be told, my cousin had cancer. She recently told me the herb did much more for her than any pills prescribed.

But lets just believe your silly little head instead. You're entirely more credible than people who have actually gone through it.

You're so full of shit.

I never said it cannot help patients undergoing cancer treatment so can you please shut up arguing about something completely irrelevant to the discussion. The thing is though, it doesn't actually tackle the cancer in any way, it simply eases the nausea and pain largely caused by the methods of treatment, which actually are the only way of tackling a tumour that has metastasised. So yeah, it helps, but it won't do shit on its own. Nor has this any relevance to what was being discussed you bleedin moron.

'my cousin had cancer'

grow up

You're so full of shit.

I never said it cannot help patients undergoing cancer treatment so can you please shut up arguing about something completely irrelevant to the discussion. The thing is though, it doesn't actually tackle the cancer in any way, it simply eases the nausea and pain largely caused by the methods of treatment, which actually are the only way of tackling a tumour that has metastasised. So yeah, it helps, but it won't do shit on its own. Nor has this any relevance to what was being discussed you bleedin moron.

'my cousin had cancer'

grow up
    While it is true that medical marijuana is often used to help patients deal with the side effects of chemo, there is growing evidence that cannabis compounds can be used to actually treat cancer itself.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...p.0706632/full

In the last two decades, research has dramatically increased the knowledge of cannabinoids biology and pharmacology. In mammals, compounds with properties similar to active components of Cannabis sativa, the so called ‘endocannabinoids’, have been shown to modulate key cell-signalling pathways involved in cancer cell growth, invasion and metastasis. To date, cannabinoids have been licensed for clinical use as palliative treatment of chemotherapy, but increased evidences showed direct antiproliferative actions of cannabinoid agonists on several tumour cells in vitro and in animal models. In this article, we will review the principal molecular pathways modulated by cannabinoids on cancer and summarize pros and cons evidence on the possible future use of endocannabinoid-based drugs in cancer therapy.
    http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl...%2C38&as_sdtp= - tons of papers on the topic

there is also growing evidence that cigarettes are not harmful to human health. lol jk

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    While it is true that medical marijuana is often used to help patients deal with the side effects of chemo, there is growing evidence that cannabis compounds can be used to actually treat cancer itself.

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl...%2C38&as_sdtp= - tons of papers on the topic

there is also growing evidence that cigarettes are not harmful to human health. lol jk
    Basically you are quoting a journal you do not understand to prove something you want to be true.

Firstly, there are many compounds that act to slow the progression of a variety of cancers (some retinoids have been very useful). The drugs that are used for this purpose are already far more effective, and far better targeted at specific cancers (drugs are developed even to target specific sub-types of certain cancers). If you have cancer and smoke bud instead of consuming these pharmaceuticals, then you will die. Secondly, what the journal is suggesting is that we isolate the cannabinoids that slow tumour progression, create a targeted medication, and then run clinical trials. Only then will cannabinoids be proven to have any effectiveness in actual patients.

As you can see, it is important to isolate the compounds that could have a therapeutic effect, from those that do not:

'In animal models, cannabinoids exert a direct antiproliferative effect on
    tumours, but they could indirectly enhance tumour growth via inhibition of immunogenicity (for immunosuppressive effect of cannabinoids, see Klein, 2005). The typical immunosuppressive effect of THC is an unquestionable topic imposing caution in the dosage and administration timing of CB2-receptor selective compounds (Klein et al., 2000; Salzet et al., 2000).'

THC is the primary compound in most cannabis, yet it can be counterproductive in tackling tumour growth (this being why you have clinical trials and don't go around proclaiming stuff 'natures medicine' without knowing anything about it). The opium poppy also contains cancer limiting compounds, but that doesn't make smoking heroin good for you.

If you think that that journal says anything like 'smoking bud will save you from cancer' then you must be infinitely dense.

edit: also, the first journal on that google scholar link you posted had this to say:

'Taken together, our data show that concentrations of THC comparable with those detected in the serum of patients after THC administration accelerate proliferation of cancer cells instead of apoptosis and thereby contribute to cancer progression in patients.'

So your 'evidence' is flimsy as hell.
    Last edited by Dresta; 12-24-2013 at 07:21 AM.

You're so full of shit.

'my cousin had cancer'

grow up

You're the only one who is fos shit here. You're arguing against a proven method.

Home of the 16

Okay lovebirds.

Saw a basketball once

Medicinal and recreational are two entirely different topics IMO. I do not think anyone under the age of 21 is doing themselves a favor by smoking weed. I'm of the camp that believes the developing brain is best left to develop as naturally as possible.