Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

Default Wade vs Lebron vs Kobe (prime DBPM) "advanced stat" folks please help

9 seasons for each player

Wade: 04-05 thru 12-13 = 1.5

Kobe: 99-00 thru 07-08 = -.3

Lebron: 05-06 thru 13-14 = 2.2

What does the mean? Advanced stats are bullcrap imo, especially the inane and redundant "true" shooting "stat" (its a mathematical contrivation NOT a statistic AT ALL) that says its possible to TRULY covert on over 100% of your shots (I'd be forever indebted to anyone who could sensibly explain this precept to me) however I notice many of yall swear by them and put a ton of stock in them.

So what of DBPM?

Banned

Default Re: Wade vs Lebron vs Kobe (prime DBPM) "advanced stat" folks please help

rent free

Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

Default Re: Wade vs Lebron vs Kobe (prime DBPM) "advanced stat" folks please help

Quote Originally Posted by Ranked 12th
    rent free
    why you say that, i'm just trying to learn bro

I've been very reticent about accepting advanced stats, its just a bunch a convoluted nonsense but I love posting on this board and as this is yall language I must do as the Romans while in Rome.

I'm trying to learn which of these advanced stats matter cause it seems people pick and choose which ones are important or mean something according to their biases.

Peace and Love

NBA rookie of the year

Pretty funny how there aren't too many advanced stats that are kind to Kobe

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

theres nothing wrong with true shooting % stat.. its just points scored per possesions used, if it was given to you in that format would you still complain about it? newsflash, 3's are worth more than 2's.. and if you suck at FT shooting, that wastes possesions.. its the simplest measure of overall efficiency

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Championship rings are very kind though. Stay mad bro

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    The only advanced stat that matters is, 5-2.

BPM and Vorp totally worthless . Per doesn't measure the defence and overrate ball hogging , underrate shooting,playmaking and rebounding .

Win shares and Off and Def Rtg underrate playmaking . And ovverrate shooting . Also in defence metrics by Oliver , overrate rebounding on defence .