Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 07-11-2009, 12:48 PM   #1
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

Default Roy - Seriously???

I've just finished reading several reports that the Blazers and Roy's agent haven't reached an agreement - that Roy wants the max, 5 year, $82 million and the Blazers are offering four years........what the hell is going on - isn't this a no-brainer??? Or is this possibly because of the recession.....I'm just a little confused
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:47 PM   #2
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Roy - Seriously???

I've heard rumor of Paul Allen having health problems, so he is being tightfisted with money.

But still, this is retarded. The Blazers are handling this all wrong. They should tell Roy whatever he wants, he gets. We want him to feel appreciated because he is everything to this franchise these days.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:41 AM   #3
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

John Canzano in Friday's Oregonian:

Brandon Roy told KJR radio in Seattle today that he's frustrated and disappointed with the Trail Blazers handling of his contract extension negotiations. He talked a lot about the hard work he's put in, and all he's done to make his dreams come true, and about being patient as he watches the good days and bad days come down the pipeline.

He wants to get a deal done and is confused as the rest of us as to why the left brainers in the organization are standing in the way.

I wrote about the Vulcan influence we're seeing on the Blazers operating procedure in today's column. I have the interview and will replay a portion of Roy's interview today on the Bald-Faced Truth radio show at 3:05 p.m. and we will discuss, but here's a couple of quotes from Roy.

On watching the negotiations: "I sit back and think about all the hard work I've put into my dream... excited about the opportunity to provide for my family. I go in... knowing that I've come into the league and I've done everything I can do to get a max contract."

On how he feels about the negotiations: "It's 50-50 right now... I'd love for something to get done so I can move forward and meet free agents..."

On whether he was involved in the Hedo Turkoglu recruitment: "Not playing much of any role. It's hard for me to go out and recruit Hedo for five years when I have only one year on my deal."

Well played by Roy's camp. It's absurd that the organization is misplaying this negotiation so badly. Sign the guy already.
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:20 AM   #4
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

It all has to do with his dumb agent. He has a history of raping teams and he may be nice with Roy's contract but he's also LA's agent and is trying to get both of them max deals and is saying that Roy won't sign till LA gets what's his.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:10 AM   #5
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

I love Roy as much as the next Blazer fan but there is no way he is losing any sleep at night over this. He is not staying up worrying about getting 65 million instead of 80 million. This will all be taken care of after the Blazers are done with the free agency period.

Last edited by RoseCity07 : 07-13-2009 at 11:14 AM.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: