Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 11-22-2007, 08:49 PM   #1
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation
Default NBA.com Blog: Arenas Confirms He Will Miss 3 Months

http://my.nba.com/forum.jspa?forumID=400032200&start=0

So Arenas is out. What affect will this have on the Wizards? For one, they won't have the #1 scoring option to bail them out when they're playing poorly. Caron Butler and Antawn Jamison are both capable scorers, but neither of them are #1's at the moment. Antonio Daniels, Nick Young, and DeShawn Stevenson are the only other guards on the roster worth mentioning. How will the Wizards adjust while Arenas is out? Andray Blatche had a good game a few days ago, but they'll need alot more of that if they wish to stay competitive in the East. Are there any trade ideas currently that could get the Wizards out of this hole, or are they destined to finish at the bottom of the league and enter the #1 overall sweepstakes?
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 02:17 AM   #2
Dirkules
Kids at the park dunk on me

Dirkules has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: NBA.com Blog: Arenas Confirms He Will Miss 3 Months

that are sad news for me, he's one of my favorite players. But great to see that the wizards can also win without him in the last three games. Hope Arenas can come back after a full recovery and washington can make the playoffs. Blatche was really good, so i hope he can continue to show that.
Dirkules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 02:40 AM   #3
marny_navis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkules
that are sad news for me, he's one of my favorite players. But great to see that the wizards can also win without him in the last three games. Hope Arenas can come back after a full recovery and washington can make the playoffs. Blatche was really good, so i hope he can continue to show that.

I think that if Blatche and Young can step up, this team could still qualify for the playoffs. And once Arenas gets back, they may end up being better than they were pre-Arenas injury.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:31 PM   #4
steve

steve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
I think that if Blatche and Young can step up, this team could still qualify for the playoffs. And once Arenas gets back, they may end up being better than they were pre-Arenas injury.
Agreed, they'll be fine if they around .500 ball by the time Arenas comes back, assuming he comes back completely healthy.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:16 PM   #5
marny_navis
Banned

This is a great opportunity for guys like Butler and Blatche to step up and learn what it's like to lead a team while Arenas is out. It should prove handy in the future should they lose him again. Add in Jamison's veteran leadership, and I think they should do just fine. Then, once he's back, they'll be able to start their big run and see how far they can get in the playoffs. If Blatche becomes an inside threat, I think they'll be able to compete for the ECC as long as they aren't facing Boston.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:12 PM   #6
steve

steve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this board

I don't know about the Eastern Conference Finals, I'll settle for a competitive second round run at this point. But it looks like Butler so far is stepping up his game to an insane degree. I mean, I knew he was a good to great player but I didn't think he had it in him. Plus Young and Blatche are doing good things with their added minutes. It also helps that they have two stabalizing presences in Jamison and Daniels out there. They're a lot better prepared for an injury this season than they were last season. Now if they could just find some playing time for Pecherov (when he's healthy) and McGuire, but that might be asking for too much.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:19 PM   #7
marny_navis
Banned

Right now some of the guys are putting up good stats, so I'm confident this won't hurt them too much, I think they'll still be hanging around playoff range.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:10 AM   #8
ner0pen3
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ner0pen3 has an OK reputation so far

seems like without gilbert the wizards are looking forward to a playoff berth. haha
ner0pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 03:57 PM   #9
steve

Argh, they were on a three game winning streak with Arenas still in the line-up (and playing well averaging 26 and 8), so it's not too far fetched to assume that they'd be in a similar spot to the one they're in now.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:24 AM   #10
taibien86
I hit open layups

taibien86 has an OK reputation so far

the wiz are doing mighty fine for not having their #1 option. if they keep this up, it makes their team so much scarier when arenas comes back because daniels and young would have gotten so much more playing time to develop.
taibien86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:55 AM   #11
Dirkules
Kids at the park dunk on me

Dirkules has an OK reputation so far

i agree, at the moment they really play good as team. Think, the playoffs should be possible and i'm glad they won against the Nets. Hope they can keep it up.
Dirkules is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: