Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-27-2008, 12:50 PM   #1
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Robin Lopez- Not a bust

Why is everyone hating on the guy? I can see why you would call Kevin Love or Danilo Gallinari NBA busts for obvious reasons. So what if he's not a scorer? The Suns have an excellent offense, by having picked Lopez they addressed on of their weaknesses(D). At least they are giving the NBA draft a chance, instead of selling away their picks. Plus, Shaq might be able to help him...who better to help you than one of the most dominant C's of all time? If he's dedicated to working out, his offense will come. At the moment Suns will only require help in the paint from him.

People are sleeping on the Suns, they're going to be contenders next year as well. The only window that has shut is Mike D'antoni's.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:53 PM   #2
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Robin Lopez- Not a bust

The Suns have to start getting something out of the draft. For too many years they've just disregarded it and it's going to bite them.

I like the pick with Lopez, but they have to build on that in the coming years with more young players.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:10 PM   #3
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't like how everyone thinks Lopez is a rebounder. When was the last time a guy averaged 5.7 rpg in college and they were labeled a rebounder?
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:46 PM   #4
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

lol is this the guy with the joakim hair? the 2 should be on the same team and make a trade for brian grant and the kid from cleveland

be a bunch of side show bobs runnin around

rofl
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:47 PM   #5
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
lol is this the guy with the joakim hair? the 2 should be on the same team and make a trade for brian grant and the kid from cleveland

be a bunch of side show bobs runnin around

rofl
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:59 PM   #6
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wow way to go out on a limb and say the Suns are gonna be contenders next year. As if they havent been the last 3yrs. Like really, well thought out!

And Shaq teaching Robin Lopez what exactly? When has Shaq taught any frontcourt player anything. You dont even know. I dont even know. Many here dont even know. Even Shaq fanatics dont even know. Yet somehow to support your Robin Lopez argument, "maybe Shaq helps". Heeee-larry-us.

Why are people hating? Its not hate when you shouldnt have gone as high as you did. He is not worth the slot he was picked in. Draft him late first/early 2nd round? No one cares. Many dislike his game because he brings rebounding, defense, hustle. Anderson Varaejo was once a beloved "omg fuzzy hair has got ownage! He will be a stud!" after reality pisses all over them like R.Kelly does a urinal when he daydreams its a teen? No one cares for the guy. He's ok, role player but the credit ends there.

What is today? Let me pick the unpopular player, create a thread supported by nothing or a weak argument and let people hear my thoughts? Thoughts created like 10mins ago? Give me a break.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:06 PM   #7
DinoRadja40
Favre's Last Stand

DinoRadja40 is considered somewhat coolDinoRadja40 is considered somewhat cool

to GOBB i know you will have some witty remark to this but dude, your a complete uneducated *******, go home and ask your mother to teach you you the respect your father forgot to. It is sad that your whole entire life adds up to small post on an insignificant message board. I hope you can make more out of your life than you have on this message board. I have been reading this board for six years now and it is a constant onslaught of illequipped remarks by you. Get a life and respect the freedom of speech. ****ty post make up 85% of this board and it seems if 60% of those come from you so you have no room to talk.
DinoRadja40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:14 PM   #8
bjtrdff
Darrick Martin's Coach

bjtrdff has decent reputationbjtrdff has decent reputation

No one was calling Robin a bust before the draft, at least anyone who actually followed any of the predraft information. A lot of people think he has the potential to be a more solid NBAer than his brother.

Lopez has a role in the league as a big, hustling, defensive energy guy. He's not the second coming of Shaq, but any team that would have drafted him would know exactly what they were getting.
bjtrdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:19 PM   #9
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoRadja40
to GOBB i know you will have some witty remark to this but dude, your a complete uneducated *******, go home and ask your mother to teach you you the respect your father forgot to. It is sad that your whole entire life adds up to small post on an insignificant message board. I hope you can make more out of your life than you have on this message board. I have been reading this board for six years now and it is a constant onslaught of illequipped remarks by you. Get a life and respect the freedom of speech. ****ty post make up 85% of this board and it seems if 60% of those come from you so you have no room to talk.

If we could have every active poster, not some alias or "I've been reading the board for 6 years and finally decided to post 1 time" thier thoughts about my knowledge on basketball from college to pro? No holds barred, a honest, unbiased opinion? I'd bet the worthless text you punched out would be not even the MINORITY here.

I may not have grade A+ knowledge to basketball because when it comes to the X's and O's? I'm mediocre in comparison to a Thorp, Da Ko King, psileas and others. But I'll be damned if I'm not pullin in a B average here. Now calling out BS? Calling out posters making up cartoon episodes? I'm phenominal. Perfect even.

Robin Lopez gets warranted criticism. Someone here posted thoughts by a GM who broke down guys who are overhyped, projected too high and guess whose name he agreed upon? Robin Lopez.

Robin Lopez learning from Shaq? *does the Popeye laugh*

Like let me stop. What did I say that wasnt true? Valid? Logical?

Nothing. Truth hurts.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:07 PM   #10
DinoRadja40
Favre's Last Stand

DinoRadja40 is considered somewhat coolDinoRadja40 is considered somewhat cool

Gobb, good rebuttle, i guess..... Keep living your pipe dreams through an internet connection, i have met plenty of your kind and they all end up in the same boat. Your basketball skills and iq are not what are in question, If you would have read more into it, it is your immaturaty that is rampant and seems to tear down any credibility you have. For the sake of the kids on here that look up to you, i hope you can assume the responsibility, and mature accordingly.

As for Lopez he is the next Jeff Foster at best. Neither of these guys seem to have much heart, but then again, the entire NBA is turning into more of a hip hop crime show than the respectable league that it once was.

DinoRadja40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:12 PM   #11
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

inoRadja has come out of the gates smoking. He is landing rights and lefts. I don't know how long GOBB can stand up to this barrage without a count....Wow GOBB comes back with a beautiful check hook that staggers Dino. His legs get wobbly. And that is the end of round one.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:29 PM   #12
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

: Dino continues the pressure attack that marked round one. Meaningful blow after meaningful blow is landed. GOBB switches back to orthodox. He may be playing possum and biding his time. His use of the Philly Shell in this round is textbook.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:57 PM   #13
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Wow way to go out on a limb and say the Suns are gonna be contenders next year. As if they havent been the last 3yrs. Like really, well thought out!

And Shaq teaching Robin Lopez what exactly? When has Shaq taught any frontcourt player anything. You dont even know. I dont even know. Many here dont even know. Even Shaq fanatics dont even know. Yet somehow to support your Robin Lopez argument, "maybe Shaq helps". Heeee-larry-us.

Why are people hating? Its not hate when you shouldnt have gone as high as you did. He is not worth the slot he was picked in. Draft him late first/early 2nd round? No one cares. Many dislike his game because he brings rebounding, defense, hustle. Anderson Varaejo was once a beloved "omg fuzzy hair has got ownage! He will be a stud!" after reality pisses all over them like R.Kelly does a urinal when he daydreams its a teen? No one cares for the guy. He's ok, role player but the credit ends there.

What is today? Let me pick the unpopular player, create a thread supported by nothing or a weak argument and let people hear my thoughts? Thoughts created like 10mins ago? Give me a break.

Who pissed in your cereal Today?

Next time, ignore these threads. If they seem ridiculous to you, ignore it and move on.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:58 PM   #14
highwhey
el vato encabronado

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
If we could have every active poster, not some alias or "I've been reading the board for 6 years and finally decided to post 1 time" thier thoughts about my knowledge on basketball from college to pro? No holds barred, a honest, unbiased opinion? I'd bet the worthless text you punched out would be not even the MINORITY here.

I may not have grade A+ knowledge to basketball because when it comes to the X's and O's? I'm mediocre in comparison to a Thorp, Da Ko King, psileas and others. But I'll be damned if I'm not pullin in a B average here. Now calling out BS? Calling out posters making up cartoon episodes? I'm phenominal. Perfect even.

Robin Lopez gets warranted criticism. Someone here posted thoughts by a GM who broke down guys who are overhyped, projected too high and guess whose name he agreed upon? Robin Lopez.

Robin Lopez learning from Shaq? *does the Popeye laugh*

Like let me stop. What did I say that wasnt true? Valid? Logical?

Nothing. Truth hurts.

To answer my own question, I think R. Kelly pissed in your cereal Today.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: