Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 01-26-2011, 05:27 PM   #1
Maize'N'Blue
Super Yooper

Maize'N'Blue has an OK reputation so far
Default How often do AAU teams practice?

I'm wondering because I live in the upper peninsula of Michigan where the nearest team would be about 2 hours and if they practice 2-3 times a week it would be kind of unrealistic to commute back and forth all the time.
Maize'N'Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:46 PM   #2
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: How often do AAU teams practice?

Good question. It really depends on the coach and how much access you have to a gym. I have seen some coaches conduct 3-4 practices a week, lasting 1-2 hours. I have seen coaches practice 2-3 times a week. It all depends on the coach and how much access you have to a gym.
JellyBean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:21 AM   #3
DUP
ambition

DUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

3-4 a week in my experience
DUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:10 PM   #4
Maize'N'Blue
Super Yooper

Thanks. Unfortunately it looks like I'm out of luck.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:48 AM   #5
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUP

Bingo
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:59 PM   #6
DUP
ambition

DUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
Bingo

yeah homes
DUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:08 AM   #7
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maize'N'Blue
Thanks. Unfortunately it looks like I'm out of luck.
I wouldn't be so sure. It depends on your age as well. I've played on AAU squads that only practiced 1-2 times a week. My brother, a freshman now, I believe only practiced once a week for his Ann Arbor squad last year. He has played on other teams though that practiced more often. It just totally depends on the squad. I say there's nothing to be lost in calling and asking.

Also, AAU has spread like wild fire over the last 10 years or so. I know you're in the UP, but I don't think it's far-fetched that a new AAU squad could be created closer to your home. My brother had one AAU team that was an "elite" squad made up of some of the finer Ann Arbor players but he also played on an AAU team made up mostly of fellow players from his own school (like an extended team season).
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #8
Maize'N'Blue
Super Yooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I wouldn't be so sure. It depends on your age as well. I've played on AAU squads that only practiced 1-2 times a week. My brother, a freshman now, I believe only practiced once a week for his Ann Arbor squad last year. He has played on other teams though that practiced more often. It just totally depends on the squad. I say there's nothing to be lost in calling and asking.

Also, AAU has spread like wild fire over the last 10 years or so. I know you're in the UP, but I don't think it's far-fetched that a new AAU squad could be created closer to your home. My brother had one AAU team that was an "elite" squad made up of some of the finer Ann Arbor players but he also played on an AAU team made up mostly of fellow players from his own school (like an extended team season).

I'm a sophomore right now, and all the teams in Green Bay and Appleton practice 2+ times a week, so I don't think that would work. There's another team about 15 minutes from me but they said they weren't accepting any more players and another team about an hour away I'm trying to contact.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:53 PM   #9
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I'm a sophomore right now, and all the teams in Green Bay and Appleton practice 2+ times a week, so I don't think that would work. There's another team about 15 minutes from me but they said they weren't accepting any more players and another team about an hour away I'm trying to contact.
Do you have any classmates playing offseason ball? And obvious follow up question: if classmates are playing ball in the offseason, then where are they playing? I know it can be tough to get work in locally in the offseason if your school or classmates don't share the passion you do.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:58 PM   #10
Maize'N'Blue
Super Yooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Do you have any classmates playing offseason ball? And obvious follow up question: if classmates are playing ball in the offseason, then where are they playing? I know it can be tough to get work in locally in the offseason if your school or classmates don't share the passion you do.

No none of them do, even the varsity players. The few teams in the U.P. are made up of kids who I don't know very well from tiny Class D schools. I know a few classmates who would most likely be interested though.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:57 PM   #11
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
No none of them do, even the varsity players. The few teams in the U.P. are made up of kids who I don't know very well from tiny Class D schools. I know a few classmates who would most likely be interested though.
Bummer, man. I hope something comes about for you.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:02 PM   #12
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

carpevicis has an OK reputation so far

You could try creating your own team, if you have the money and time to dedicate to it.

Or you could fly out to the Boston area and help me form a super team
carpevicis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:28 PM   #13
Maize'N'Blue
Super Yooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpevicis
You could try creating your own team, if you have the money and time to dedicate to it.

Or you could fly out to the Boston area and help me form a super team

Haha man if I had the means to move to anywhere besides here I definitely would, I definitely don't like living in the middle of nowhere.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:19 PM   #14
poster
Banned

poster has decent reputationposter has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUP
this
poster is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: