Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 03-22-2007, 08:09 PM   #16
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation
Default Re: Excited about the Sweet 16??

I have both Southern Illinois and Texas A&M in the Final Four, my bracket either becomes really good tonight or gets crushed, these were my big picks that I didn't think many people would have, the Salukis taking down Kansas would be a huge pick for my bracket. And that 'air ball' definately hit the rim, you could see on the original play it switches directions on the other side of the net.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:12 PM   #17
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I got Kansas as National Champs.

PUT IT AWAY YOU BASTADS!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:21 PM   #18
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

I was close to picking a really big sleeper in the Final Four because I don't think many had the Salukis there, and I think the winner of SIU/KU finishes off UCLA/PITT pretty easily in the Elite 8, three point loss is a good run.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:23 PM   #19
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

I feel bad for SIU. Bad calls resulted in a four point swing in favor of Kansas. If the right calls were made, in all likelihood they are in the Elite Eight.

Also sucks for Kansas too because if they win the tournament, some will consider it tarnished because of these calls.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:25 PM   #20
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoyofsobe
I feel bad for SIU. Bad calls resulted in a four point swing in favor of Kansas.

Also sucks for Kansas too because if they win the tournament, some will consider it tarnished because of these calls.

It won't be tarnished, there are always missed calls, unless it's a blown call in the Championship Game, or a terrible terrible missed call like Greg Oden not picking up a flagrant foul against Xavier, noone will care.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:33 PM   #21
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
It won't be tarnished, there are always missed calls, unless it's a blown call in the Championship Game, or a terrible terrible missed call like Greg Oden not picking up a flagrant foul against Xavier, noone will care.
In my opinion giving undeserved points and failing to give deserved points is different than fouls that should have been called. There is no gray area when comes to these mistakes. You can argue a foul especially if the refs appear to be letting them play or the refs not wanting for them to be a deciding factor in the game, but these are beyond argument. You can't deny that SIU should have two more points and Kansas should have two less, giving the Salukis a higher score.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 03-22-2007 at 08:37 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:49 PM   #22
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoyofsobe
In my opinion giving undeserved points and failing to give deserved points is different than fouls that should have been called. There is no gray area when comes to these mistakes. You can argue a foul especially if the refs appear to be letting them play or the refs not wanting for them to be a deciding factor in the game, but these are beyond argument. You can't deny that SIU should have two more points and Kansas should have two less, giving the Salukis a higher score.

I thought you were referring to the shot clock violation call? I'm not sure what you are talking about, I've been flipping in between games to be honest.

Texas A&M got screwed with that 1.1 second run off at the end of the game, don't agree that it was that long.

My bracket is officially destroyed, it's been a good ride.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:53 PM   #23
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

man im pissed about that aTm game. Could only catch the the second half but I think aTm played better the whole game. Memphis just got some lucky ricochets off the rim that resulted in some rebounds straight to memphis players.

Last edited by The_Masterplan : 03-22-2007 at 08:56 PM.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:55 PM   #24
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
I thought you were referring to the shot clock violation call? I'm not sure what you are talking about, I've been flipping in between games to be honest.

Texas A&M got screwed with that 1.1 second run off at the end of the game, don't agree that it was that long.

My bracket is officially destroyed, it's been a good ride.
There was the shot clock violation call you mentioned that was blown that gave Kansas two points it didn't deserve earlier in the game. But later on while an SIU player's shot was in the air, a Jayhawk grabbed the rim which is interference and should have given the Salukis two points, especially devastating because SIU didn't score on that possession. That's why it sucks for both parties. SIU lost on two blown calls and Kansas can't legitimately claim they outscored their opponent.

Yeah, that 1.1 seconds was bogus but A&M still would've had to made the shot.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 03-22-2007 at 09:00 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:56 PM   #25
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

ya, those were some LUCKY ASS ricochets
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:20 PM   #26
IBall280
Decent playground baller

IBall280 has an OK reputation so far

ik and not too mention that a bunch of other stuff went unlucky for a+m and a+m had them beat the whole game it was theres o well hats off to acie law
IBall280 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: