Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-16-2007, 02:20 AM   #46
JoHnShOeZ1492
LeBron for 12 MVP

JoHnShOeZ1492 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Did Kobe choose the number 24 because he thinks he's the coming of Jordan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
dufus, 24 was his number in high school.

that would be 34. . .
JoHnShOeZ1492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 02:25 AM   #47
deion2123
High school junior varsity star

deion2123 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Did Kobe choose the number 24 because he thinks he's the coming of Jordan?

deion2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 02:38 AM   #48
JoHnShOeZ1492
LeBron for 12 MVP

JoHnShOeZ1492 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by deion2123

thankz man my bad 33
JoHnShOeZ1492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 02:46 AM   #49
Noob Saibot
NBA lottery pick

Noob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Kobe is the closest one to Jordan.....and in some aspects, he's more superior

i fail to see that conclusion. How is Kobe superior to Jordan? scoring 81 points?

Quote:
If nothing else, he's a hell of a lot more interesting than D-Wade and Lebron.

i'd rather see a guy get better in a NBA game using his OWN style of play. like Iverson, Wade, and LeBron.
sure all of these guys idolized Jordan, but all of their plays aren't Jordanequse.

Last edited by Noob Saibot : 06-16-2007 at 02:52 AM.
Noob Saibot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 04:41 AM   #50
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoHnShOeZ1492
thankz man my bad 33

his first number in hs was 24 bro. it was the first number he wore, his freshman yr. He later swtiched to 33.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 04:54 AM   #51
dudeguykid
High school junior varsity star

dudeguykid has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob Saibot
i'd rather see a guy get better in a NBA game using his OWN style of play. like Iverson, Wade, and LeBron.
sure all of these guys idolized Jordan, but all of their plays aren't Jordanequse.

i'd rather see a guy get better in a NBA game using any style of play that proves to fit the best for him like Kobe, Iverson, Wade, and Lebron etc.

Whatever works for Kobe, Kobe should do. What works for Iverson, Iverson should do etc. All of those guys strive to win and further their game. I dont understand whats wrong with making plays that some people will call "jordanesque". If anything, isnt that a huge compliment to compare someones game to the greatest basketball player of all time?

BTW I heard the term "jordanesque" thrown out when Iverson was in the Finals. Wade last years Finals. And Lebron this year in the ECF. Im just failing to see your point.
dudeguykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:23 AM   #52
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

this thread is ****ing stupid.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:44 PM   #53
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far

God shut up about it, Kobe is not trying to be like MJ, and even if he was so what?

24 was Kobe's high school number.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 02:56 PM   #54
nba_on_nbc
I brick open layups

nba_on_nbc has an OK reputation so far

I don't think it's anything related to Jordan. I guess the more important question is why he didn't choose #24 when he first entered the league if the number had so much significance for him. There's probably some siimilar reasons for choosing #8, though.
nba_on_nbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:17 PM   #55
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

24 was his first high school number, idiot.

If you want to talk about a wanna-be Jordan, let's look at LBJ and his #23.

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with wearing a legends number. Heck, when I played b-ball in high school everyone wanted #'s 23, 33, 34, 32, etc.

I actually think Kobe changed his # so he could turn a knew leaf after Shaq left. A new era, a new number... makes sense to me.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: