Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-16-2014, 06:55 PM   #1
Jameerthefear
Feelin' Dandy

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Will Kobe be a top 5 SG when he's back?

Or even top 8?
Off the top of my head
Harden
Derozan
Wade
Thompson
Oladipo
Beal
Afflalo
Ellis
in no order
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:57 PM   #2
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputation
Default Re: Will Kobe be a top 5 SG when he's back?

This can't be a serious question.

Kobe won't even crack the top 30 players in the NBA when he returns.
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:00 PM   #3
JT123
Banned

JT123 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJT123 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJT123 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
Or even top 8?
Off the top of my head
Harden
Derozan
Wade
Thompson
Oladipo
Beal
Afflalo
Ellis
in no order
Sadly I don't see him being better than any of those guys. He'll have decent enough stats due to protection from the refs, but those of us who really know basketball will recognize just how far he has fallen. Is Kobe the biggest waste of 48 million dollars the world has ever seen? I would have to say yes.
JT123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:02 PM   #4
Dro
College star

Dro has decent reputationDro has decent reputation

I see him still being better than all of them except Harden(I don't like Harden's game but he's better) and............then I don't really know..I still think a healthy Kobe is better than Derozan, Ellis, Afflalo...yeah Kobe's still better than them....

Wade won't be healthy so I didn't include him...
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:03 PM   #5
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected poster

OP caught feelings for Kobe.
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:09 PM   #6
YouGotServed
Russia 2018

YouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kobe is done. He won't even be a top 20 SG next year.

Quality thread btw.
YouGotServed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:10 PM   #7
JT123
Banned

JT123 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJT123 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJT123 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dro
I see him still being better than all of them except Harden(I don't like Harden's game but he's better) and............then I don't really know..I still think a healthy Kobe is better than Derozan, Ellis, Afflalo...yeah Kobe's still better than them....

Wade won't be healthy so I didn't include him...
And you think Kobe will be?
I doubt Kobe plays more than 45 games next year. Even if Kobe does stay healthy, you have to be out of your mind to think a 36 year old coming off a torn achilles and an 18 month layoff is going to come back and be any where near the same player he was last season. Everyone gets old, even your precious godbe.
JT123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:28 PM   #8
scm5
Decent college freshman

scm5 has an OK reputation so far

I love how everyone thinks Kobe is going to suck.

Next season is going to be a hell of a season for Laker fans, but not for the typical reasons.
scm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:30 PM   #9
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he'll return back to his old form. Only time will tell, though.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:50 PM   #10
Dro
College star

Dro has decent reputationDro has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT123
And you think Kobe will be?
I doubt Kobe plays more than 45 games next year. Even if Kobe does stay healthy, you have to be out of your mind to think a 36 year old coming off a torn achilles and an 18 month layoff is going to come back and be any where near the same player he was last season. Everyone gets old, even your precious godbe.
I'm just answering the OP's question assuming Kobe was healthy...He doesn't have to be as good as he was to still be better than those guys. Ok, assuming Kobe and Wade are both healthy....Harden/Wade>>>>>>Kobe>>>>>rest....
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:15 PM   #11
Le Shaqtus
House Stark

Le Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

In a perfect World.

1. Wade
2. Kobe
3. Harden

A healthy Wade or Kobe> Harden. Getting free throws and flopping will only get you so far.
Le Shaqtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:18 PM   #12
Marlo_Stanfield
Banned

Marlo_Stanfield has not been impressing people

Wade
DeRozan
Ellis
Waiters
Klay will all be better
he will still be top 10 and of course better than James Hogden
Marlo_Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: