Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-30-2010, 01:42 AM   #16
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Default Re: Report: Bulls Eyeing Three Guards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
I hear you, I hear you.

But here is my thing. Other players suck at defense, T-Mac chooses not to play it. Ironic, you'll get the same outcome with most of the available guards, without the size and potential impact. I like TMac just because he did close to a year of training with Tim Grover. If it was any other kind of physical therapy, then I would roll my eyes and moan about his ability to stay healthy. Tim Grover is a g-damn miracle worker.

But why GAMBLE on a flaky player when you can have a relatively proven one?
From focussing on Reddick now we are settling for an athlete whose about to jump back to bed at the slightest tweak or pain.
I just don't think its all physical but mental.
For pete's sake, one time Kobe dislocated his shoulder and still tried to play, shooting with his left hand.
4 weeks ago, Q Richardson, Raja Bell and Rasual Butler were available, now it seems like the only legit shooter out there is Roger Mason.
I don't know what to think of Forman, it seems like he knows what's he doing esp with Boozer and trying to acquire Reddick, then this situation where the team is running out of options with an actual SHOOTING guard.
It seems to me that he is also wary of TMac flaking out that he offered an incentive laden contract OR they didn't like what they saw in the workout, I mean there's a valid reason for the hold out.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:46 AM   #17
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

Rudy Fernandez can supposedly be had for a 1st round draft pick. I'd definitely be considering that. The only negative with Fernandez is maybe some character issues - I mean he's upset because he's backing up Brandon Roy and not getting enough minutes? Kind of diva-ish when the TEAM is winning.

Rose/Watson
Fernandez/Brewer
Deng/Korver/Johnson
Boozer/Gibson
Noah/Asik/Thomas

That's a very good team though. Fernandez is a great 3 point shooter, and also a solid playmaker.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:58 AM   #18
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

They are holding off on TMac because he publicly said he wanted opportunities to start, 1 day after the Bulls made it clear that he would have to take a bench role. His tryout and physical appearances all looked beyond what the team expected to see. He may not have looked like a star, but he looked good.

And what makes TMac so flaky? IDK if you have been paying attention to his progress over the last few years, but he has grown up quite a bit. What was once a kid with a high roller attitude, is now one of the most charitable players in the league. I don't think he did that through the minds of his advisors. At some point, everyone is humbled. Regardless, flaky or not, Gar/Pax has this right. If he accepts the bench role, he's welcome here.

IMO Mason flaked out 10x as much as TMac ever has. He is capable of soo much more. He hated his role, and he didn't give a rats ass to help the Spurs in his disgruntled form. The only reason why he even tried on some nights, was because he was in a contract year. There is no use fooling yourself into thinking he's going to be like his old self. No worse than someone thinking TMac will be of some use to us.

You have to realize that EVERYONE knows there are good names on the board. They are all looked at, players and agents are contacted. At some point, those players want to go to a certain team and play for certain roles. We had a handful of really solid pickups out of this class, but not every signing is going to be gravy. The Bulls talked to QRich, Nate Robinson, Butler, Brown, House, Morrow, Bell, and so many that I don't even remember.

Personally, I think the Buls will sign TMac if 2 things happen. Portland finds their draft pick from someone other than the Bulls, and we strike out on Mason. There is no stopping us from making trades come December to adjust the team, along with the prospect of waiving Tracy.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:39 AM   #19
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
They are holding off on TMac because he publicly said he wanted opportunities to start, 1 day after the Bulls made it clear that he would have to take a bench role. His tryout and physical appearances all looked beyond what the team expected to see. He may not have looked like a star, but he looked good.

And what makes TMac so flaky? IDK if you have been paying attention to his progress over the last few years, but he has grown up quite a bit. What was once a kid with a high roller attitude, is now one of the most charitable players in the league. I don't think he did that through the minds of his advisors. At some point, everyone is humbled. Regardless, flaky or not, Gar/Pax has this right. If he accepts the bench role, he's welcome here.

Personally, I think the Buls will sign TMac if 2 things happen. Portland finds their draft pick from someone other than the Bulls, and we strike out on Mason. There is no stopping us from making trades come December to adjust the team, along with the prospect of waiving Tracy.

A former allstar who
1.looked good, and looked beyond what the Bulls expected to see.
2.has grown up quite a bit
3.most charitable players in the league
HUH , if this is the case, why shut down the idea of "possibly" starting for the team?
We are talking about an ex allstar who can really be "productive" versus
Ronnie Brewer who has a career ave of 10 pts, 3 assists and 1.8 assist at 23.4% from the 3pt line. Yes, I know, he is more of a slasher and can provide tough defense but heck, if TMac has matured and is focussed, then Tracy would be a better player who can score more, defend better etc,
is Foreman telling Thibs, "I don't care who else we get, Brewer is our starter, no ifs or buts"?
If TMac has really GROWN, humbled and matured and will not flake, then why did he CHANGED his tune from last few days about not caring if he comes from the bench or not?
Im very intrigued on how you have tracked his "progress" bec his previous year with a very bad team under a laid back offensive minded coach like D'Antoni, he ave 26 mins at 9 pts, 39% from the field, 24% from the 3pt line at less than 4 apg and less than 4 rebs/game.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:02 AM   #20
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
A former allstar who
1.looked good, and looked beyond what the Bulls expected to see.
2.has grown up quite a bit
3.most charitable players in the league
HUH , if this is the case, why shut down the idea of "possibly" starting for the team?
We are talking about an ex allstar who can really be "productive" versus
Ronnie Brewer who has a career ave of 10 pts, 3 assists and 1.8 assist at 23.4% from the 3pt line. Yes, I know, he is more of a slasher and can provide tough defense but heck, if TMac has matured and is focussed, then Tracy would be a better player who can score more, defend better etc,
is Foreman telling Thibs, "I don't care who else we get, Brewer is our starter, no ifs or buts"?
If TMac has really GROWN, humbled and matured and will not flake, then why did he CHANGED his tune from last few days about not caring if he comes from the bench or not?
Im very intrigued on how you have tracked his "progress" bec his previous year with a very bad team under a laid back offensive minded coach like D'Antoni, he ave 26 mins at 9 pts, 39% from the field, 24% from the 3pt line at less than 4 apg and less than 4 rebs/game.

Exactly the problem with how most people are judging the Tracy McGrady situation.

People see that we might get Tracy McGrady, and they think were grading him based on a starter role, or starter salary.
The circumstances all line-up. We're grading him on the role we need, and nothing more. He can provide more than the role we need him to play, and thats why there is so much hesitation. He hasn't sold anyone on the ability to stay healthy for a full season, at least as a starter. He has sold some people that he has a definite role that can contribute a great deal to this team.

This is a medium-risk, high reward situation. The salary loss if he's waived is nothing compared to the potential gains. Hell, as of the last negotiations, the Bulls are willing to give TMac a chance to earn a starters spot, but he has to sign that non-guaranteed deal.

I think TMac's big issue is, not having ANY chance to become a starter again. I can see why that bothers him. He did flake a bit by flip flopping before and after the workout, and that set his chances back some. It sucks to be a desperate team for a SG, with only 1 spot left before they look into their extended roster spots.

Last edited by Crystallas : 07-31-2010 at 04:06 AM.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:11 PM   #21
Rose
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Exactly the problem with how most people are judging the Tracy McGrady situation.

People see that we might get Tracy McGrady, and they think were grading him based on a starter role, or starter salary.
The circumstances all line-up. We're grading him on the role we need, and nothing more. He can provide more than the role we need him to play, and thats why there is so much hesitation. He hasn't sold anyone on the ability to stay healthy for a full season, at least as a starter. He has sold some people that he has a definite role that can contribute a great deal to this team.

This is a medium-risk, high reward situation. The salary loss if he's waived is nothing compared to the potential gains. Hell, as of the last negotiations, the Bulls are willing to give TMac a chance to earn a starters spot, but he has to sign that non-guaranteed deal.

I think TMac's big issue is, not having ANY chance to become a starter again. I can see why that bothers him. He did flake a bit by flip flopping before and after the workout, and that set his chances back some. It sucks to be a desperate team for a SG, with only 1 spot left before they look into their extended roster spots.

Agreed.
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:34 AM   #22
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:

Forgive me bec Im having trouble understanding your point here. Maybe I need to polish my english again. If you don't mind simplifying your points for me.
After acquiring Boozer, Bulls aggresively went after a LEGIT shooter in Reddick, offering him about 7 mi/year for 3 yrs. Orlando matched the offer and the Bulls went ahead and signed a slasher/defender in Brewer. Correct me if im wrong, but they have ONE SG who is primarily like what I mentioned, a slasher/12-15 foot shooter/defender and that is it
Bulls also signed Korver whom I assume will back up Deng and will get paid 5 mil/yr for 3 yrs. On other hand they will offer McGrady less than what Korver is getting but they are worried that Tracy will aspire for a starting spot IF he plays great?
like you described the Bulls of being "desparate", but then again they want to make it clear to Tracy that he would be a back up regardless if he plays great? Or, you are telling me that the Bulls are offering him a non guaranteed contract and that Tracy is hesitating to accept it?

Last edited by tamaraw08 : 08-02-2010 at 12:41 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: