Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 08-01-2006, 07:35 AM   #1
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default OT: When will they learn?

Don't pitch to

After the sixth inning. What were the Indians thinking?
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:18 AM   #2
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

I've never seen anything like what Ortiz is doing. MVP for sure.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:03 PM   #3
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

-twins fan- NOOOooOOoOOooo! (ortiz used to be on twins, we threw away some ****ty player for ortiz in the minor leagues and developed him in2 what u see today, let him play in the mlb then let him go 2 some other team) think about how dominate the twins would be if they had ortiz right now as a DH.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 05:39 PM   #4
boceltballa
I hit open layups

boceltballa has an OK reputation so far

LOL! Wow I can't imagine how good the Twins would be. They'd be even scarier to play if they still had Ortiz. They'd definitely be favorites to win the Series.
boceltballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:06 AM   #5
Celts34
Kiss my converse!!!

Celts34 has an OK reputation so far

You can legitimately argue that Ortiz should have been the MVP not once but twice. In 03' the Red Sox going off in the 2nd half coincided with him getting regular pt(In Mid June of that season he only had 1 HR and like 15 or 20 RBI's, at the end of the season he had 30, and a 100). I won't even go into last season.

The whole DH debate is just dumb. People make this into "Well he doesn't play the field so he's only a specialty player". But when has a guy who was a spectacular defensive player that couldn't hit worth a lick won the MVP. It hasn't happened in my lifetime. However defensive wizards like Jason Giambi, Mo Vaugh, Barry Bond(circa 99-03), Jeff Kent, Juan Gonzalez, Dante Bichette, and Chipper Jones all own MVP's. Which were given out why? Because they each had Monster Offensive Seasons, while playing mediocre to below average defense. Its the dumbest double standard in the whole sport.
Celts34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:22 AM   #6
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Ortiz is just insane. He is the clutchest baseball player that I have ever seen. If he doesn't get MVP this year then somthing is majorly wrong. He is such a special offensive player. Who cares if he is a DH he still deserves to be the MVP.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:44 AM   #7
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

AIR SETH has decent reputation

David Ortiz has 105 RBI's and we just entered August! There is still two months to go! I am a Yankee fan but what Ortiz is doing is amazing and I have to give him credit for it.
AIR SETH is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: