Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - David Robinson or Kobe Bryant?

Quote Originally Posted by Human Error
    Kobe is considered as a top 5~10 player of all time among ISH posters while David Robinson hardly gets a consideration for even top 20, so I presume that Kobe will win this comparison in a landslide. I personally think it is crazy and I would pick the Admiral over Kobe as the cornerstone but I may be in a minority. What do you guys all think?
    what? Whoever is ranking Kobe in the top 10 is delusional. Probably based on ring count.

Ring count is probably also the reason D-Rob and other players like him are underrated.

To answer OP's question, I would take David Robinson.

RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar

Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - David Robinson or Kobe Bryant?

Troll who tries to provoke you

Quote Originally Posted by 3LiftHeatCurse
    what? Whoever is ranking Kobe in the top 10 is delusional. Probably based on ring count.

Ring count is probably also the reason D-Rob and other players like him are underrated.

To answer OP's question, I would take David Robinson.
    agreed.

Kobe's OVERRATING is based on ring count alone.

He is an all-time great btw but probably around 12-15 spots. Not higher than that.

Kobe is the best playoff performer, hands down

Kobe

Dude has 5 rings and counting.. Bailed out Shaq multiple times in the PO to win multiple championships.. And we know Shaq was better than DRob by a wide margin.. If you want to win multiple division title you will choose DRob but if you want to win multiple NBA titles, your pick should be none other than the Black Mamba.. Only player that I will pick over Kobe are MJ, KAJ and Magic..

Troll who tries to provoke you

Quote Originally Posted by Segatti
    Kobe is the best playoff performer, hands down
    agreed.

2004 NBA Finals.
    2006 Post season.
    2007 Post season after LAL went up 3-1.
    2008 NBA Finals.
    2000 NBA Finals.
    2011 NBA 1st Round.
    2012 NBA 1st Round.

He is da best playoff performer, hands down.

Local High School Star Solid Snake's Avatar

Give me the one who's NOT a world class, professional ball hog.

Kobe is great. He's the polished, ELITE version of the ball hog you hate playing with on the court. He has enough positive traits that most of his negatives are overlooked, and if one dares point the negatives out, they get shunned.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

The Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by gengiskhan
    @ 7'1" height & a long wingspan, THE ADMIRAL has a quickness of a guard, a strength of a center & agility of a SG/SF.

On efficiency alone, in today's NBA. D'rob can deliver 3 season MVPs + 3 DOMINANT FMVPs & 3 DPOY titles at the very least.

D'Rob is a SUPERIOR version of Dwight Howard.

Why would you build a team around 6' 6" INEFFICIENT guard who shoots from long-range when D'Rob is available as a FIRST PICK in draft!
    Bosh is the guy who's game reminds me of David.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    if Bosh was on crack and steroids, then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    If I'm building to win, I'd go with DRob only because in today's generation of the NBA, there wouldn't be a threat for him in the post. He'd probably average 25-30 ppg in the post alone.

If I'm building to draw large crowds and sell merchandise, Kobe wins by a landslide.

Now I don't want anyone to assume I'm calling DRob a better winner than Kobe because 5 rings don't lie, but this is also an assumption that we're starting this hypothetical franchise from today onward, which means Kobe would be just another 6'6" shooting guard in the league, albeit one who would make his defense look foolish practically night in, night out.
    All while Robinson would be a 7'0" center with the best footwork in the modern era.
    This, David Robinson would be a nasty mismatch for any "Center" today, he would abuse this small ball era....

If Hakeem is in Draft, I'll pick him over MJ.

If Kobe is in Draft, I'll pick him over MJ.

If D'rob is in Draft, I'll pick him over MJ.

If Ewing is in Draft, I'll pick him over MJ.

If Shaq is in Draft, I'll pick him over MJ.

B'Ball is built for Center to DOMINATE. Perimeter talent is unproven at Pro level unless you are talking about Gawdbe. Cant risk it with MJ, rather have Kobe.
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Yeah, if you're Helen Keller.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    if Bosh was on crack and steroids, then yes.
    So Howard's game is more like David's because of the muscles? Howard's game is around the rim overpowering people. David's game was more finesse.

D'rob with SCRUBS got to 1st round Post season & even 2nd Round post season. '

90s SAS franchise was completely D'Rob DEPENDENT.

Kobe with SCRUBS couldn't FAILED to make it to Post season.
    Kobe BIGGER CHOKER as he lost series after going up 3-1.
    Kobe BIGGER CHOKER for not showing up in Game 7 of Suns series.

Where is Kobe's consistency here?
    Lol dude never in his career had a worse team than Kobe in 07. If anything, more people would have Rodman over Pau Gasol so when was Roberson excuse of losing in the first round in 94?