How do you do it? The most efficient and effective way?

Recently I've found that by listening to the audiobook, whilst following/reading from the text, I am able to take in the book at a much more efficient manner, and be more focused. When I solely read the text, I am constantly thinking of how far I am into the book, what page I am on, how many pages to go/left... The addition of an audiobook, speaking the words to me seems to keep me in constant motion and constant focus.

I'm not sure whether an audiobook alone would most effective, not sure if perhaps reading and listening at the same time might be overkill... But I do it because I've always stressed writing things for myself/visually observing the words, seeing them clearly. It's why I've always been old school in a sense where I'm not big on typing up stuff because I feel as though writing it is a crucial learning memory component for lots of people.

I'm big on reading information/books that can actively be implemented in reality, which everyone knows action, and just "doing something", is the best way to learn. I do enjoy a good fiction every now and then, but I'm really big on prioritizing applicable content/information. Fictions can have great philosophical lessons though.