Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-30-2009, 02:17 AM   #46
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Default Re: a good moment this season?

The game gave me a "glimmer of hope" as well. Hopefully teams with young athletic guards + high draft picks are watching Bosh closely these last few games and thinking he's actually worth what he's getting paid.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:43 PM   #47
DJMason
High School JV MVP

Default Re: a good moment this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
My favorite moment was yesterday's game, by FAR. I know it was meaningless in the grand scheme of things, I know we're not going to the playoffs, I know there's some work to be done on the roster, and I also know that we're extremely lucky that D-Rose missed an absolute gimme at the rim, but it just made me feel so good to see this team competing hard and playing as if the game actually means something to them. It was nice to see different people step up at different times. Pops giving us some more highlight reels, Calderon with some clutch passing (although he had a couple of bad TO's near the end) and FT's, Marion and Bosh with some clutch defense, Bargnani with some clutch shooting and rebounds, and Bosh with the tremendous game sealer putback. Everything was clicking on all cylinders, and it's strange but this game almost gave me a glimmer of hope for the future.

I agree with everything you said here. Every rational bone in my body says "we've seen this type of great play when the season is meaningless from the Leafs for the past 3 years, and that nothing has really changed and the flaws on this team are still great, that Bosh and Bargnani cannot co-exist, and that BC has yet to wow us with any moves.

And yet just like Pandora's box, despite all of the darkness unleashed on Raptor's fans this season, Hope still remains (I do hope someone gets the reference).
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: