Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-24-2006, 09:25 AM   #1
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Blame NBA and their referees for USA struggles!!!

Team USA is 5-0, but they have struggled in a couple games. This struggle should be traced back to NBA games and how they are calling the games. There is NO superstar treatment in international play!!! This is why USA has struggled in the recent past and even today. James, Wade and the rest are so accustomed to getting "superstar" calls, they are having to adjust to the way they are calling the games in the WBC. In the NBA many players hate playing against the likes of Nocioni because he plays so hard. In international play ALL players play like that. In a way, and in my opinion only, I believe the NBA pampers their stars a little too much. They aid in making superstars. Is the NBA that worried about it's future? It's beautiful to watch games like USA vs Italy because Team Italy has NOT ONE NBA player on the team, yet they had a chance at victory! They play hard and most importantly, they play SMART BASKETBALL!! USA has been relying too much on there athleticism to the point it makes me wonder if they can win any other way. In NBA games there are too many touch fouls and "and one" calls for superstar players. Imagine a rookie guarding Kobe Bryant at the end of the game. Instant FOUL no matter how good his defense. Team USA is not getting those kind of calls in international play. That's the way it should be. These refs don't give a damn what your name is. They just call the game!! That's the way it should be in the NBA.
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:35 PM   #2
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

i agree with the point about the NBA refs giving too much superstar treatment and int'l bball being fun to watch, but thats not why teams has struggled at times
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 12:53 AM   #3
Yezsyr
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Yezsyr has an OK reputation so far

Yes the United States can win upon athleticism. Because basketball is a sport requiring it. Being able to wear down opponent with a deep bench is vallid strategy, one that has lead my HS to consecutive state championships. Also last game didn't Carmelo drop all three pointers? Didn't Bosh out position himself in route to 20-10? Yes, there is star treatment insofar as teams want the ball in the hands of their star at the end of the game. So if you see these "superstar calls" happening is because the team trusts the best player. Kobe has come through. Wade has come through. T-Mac. JORDAN. You make it happen, and thats what makes those players great.

I would love to see how the world fairs if they played American basketball.

And until the US shoots below 50% for more than one game, THEN cam we say they've struggled.
Yezsyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 09:31 PM   #4
john 61
Can barely lace up my sneakers

john 61 has an OK reputation so far
Default Mentally more focused.

USA focused mentally tougher. Past Usa teams really not into it, after a full season.They throw a team together without any thought.European teams have been playing together. No excuse! USA focused mentally tougher and they no what they want. They will bring it on.
Leave Kobe out of it , he's a great player. Will definely contribute to this team. Real tired of the Kobe crap!
john 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 09:11 AM   #5
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yezsyr
Yes the United States can win upon athleticism. Because basketball is a sport requiring it. Being able to wear down opponent with a deep bench is vallid strategy, one that has lead my HS to consecutive state championships. Also last game didn't Carmelo drop all three pointers? Didn't Bosh out position himself in route to 20-10? Yes, there is star treatment insofar as teams want the ball in the hands of their star at the end of the game. So if you see these "superstar calls" happening is because the team trusts the best player. Kobe has come through. Wade has come through. T-Mac. JORDAN. You make it happen, and thats what makes those players great.

I would love to see how the world fairs if they played American basketball.

And until the US shoots below 50% for more than one game, THEN cam we say they've struggled.

How about now?? They shot GREAT from the field..but not from 3 point land and they LOST!!! This proves that at the elite level you can't win with just athleticism and high shooting percentage!! I love this!! I think this is great for USA. It will bring focus back to free throw shooting, TEAM defense, TEAM offense and PASSING!!! Now they will have to learn to score WITHOUT fancy dribbling going one on one. The ORIGINAL dream team puts this team to shame. They would run cirlces around this team.
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: