Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default The legend of Bob Cousy

YouTube Bob Cousy and tell me what you think he'd do today. This scrub was considered "great" in Russell's era. Goes to show the garbage the way overrated Mr. Russell faced. A one handed chest high dribbling goofball is called the Houdini of the Hardwood

Gary Payton would have dat scrub crying all night and in a fetal position.

Anyone disagree?

Banned

Default Re: The legend of Bob Cousy

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    YouTube Bob Cousy and tell me what you think he'd do today. This scrub was considered "great" in Russell's era. Goes to show the garbage the way overrated Mr. Russell faced. A one handed chest high dribbling goofball is called the Houdini of the Hardwood

Anyone disagree?
    Duh

Anyone disagree?
    You could say the same about Jerry West... and he'd style on Payton. Send Payton home with broken ankles and the L

Nobody still thinks Cousy is a GOAT PG. A pioneer no doubt, but Rondo is better than him. Still gotta show the man respect for what he did for the game.

He couldnt dribble with his left hand lol

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    You could say the same about Jerry West... and he'd style on Payton. Send Payton home with broken ankles and the L
    Pics or it didn't happen.

Jerry had game doe, could hit the clutch shot as well as anyone.

Respect the logo, dawg.

Anyone disagree?
    Way to shit all over the history of the game.

Nice one.

Bob Cousy is one of the few players, from the footage im looking at, who doesnt impress at all... dont think his game would translate

The Couse was a pioneer of the game. Without home, there never would have been a John Stockton or Steve Nash.

Of course Cousy's game doesn't translate to the modern era. The guy played 60 years ago, what do you expect?

Do you think LeBron James' game will translate to the NBA in 2074? Maybe. Maybe not.

Bob Cousy was a pioneer, one of the first great dribblers and passers.

Sure, he probably has 25% of the ability of Chris Paul but, unlike Chris Paul, he was the alpha dog of his era for a few years at least. One of the 20 most significant players in basketball history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE5S...tw_ghKiyTJKoaA

The lack of respect for the legends is bewildering. And you call yourself basketball fans?

"But... but... but... he doesn't crossover like Iverson or shoot like Curry, so he sucked!"

Pathetic

I'm going to continue my rant...

TheMan, you called Bob Cousy a "scrub" and "garbage".

IncarceratedBob, you criticised Cousy's dribbling.

ArbitraryWater, you said you're not impressed by Cousy.

So let's get this straight. Before the Beatles, before rock and roll, before JFK was assassinated, before Martin Luther King had a dream, before colour TV took off, before they put a man on the moon.... a guy who grew up in the Great Depression was making fools of defenders, throwing no-look passes and winning multiple championships as the most creative and innovative basketball player the world had ever seen.

But no, you guys aren't impressed.

He lacked LeBron's athleticism. He didn't have Iverson's dribbling skills. He didn't dunk like Kobe.

What Cousy did, though, was completely change the game of basketball. Without him - and other innovators like Luisetti, Davies, Fulks, Baylor and Maravich - the game wouldn't be how it is today.

So, go ahead, shit all over the history of the game, post silly GIFs of Cousy dribbling one-handed and have a good laugh about the pioneers of the game. Go on, get it out of your system - impress your online buddies and make yourself look cool while you hide behind your computer pretending you're from the ghetto when you're actually at home in your bedroom while your Mom cooks you dinner.

Then grow up and realise that you are a fvcking imbecile with zero respect for history.

As Larry Bird once said: "All I know is that people tend to forget how great the older great players were. It'll happen that way with me, too."

And Kobe Bryant. And LeBron James. And Kevin Durant.

And then, maybe then, TheMan/IncarceratedBob/ArbitraryWater, you'll realise what a prick you once were.

Quote Originally Posted by WillC

So let's get this straight. Before the Beatles, before rock and roll, before JFK was assassinated, before Martin Luther King had a dream, before colour TV took off, before they put a man on the moon.... a guy who grew up in the Great Depression was making fools of defenders, throwing no-look passes and winning multiple championships as the most creative and innovative basketball player the world had ever seen.

He lacked LeBron's athleticism. He didn't have Iverson's dribbling skills. He didn't dunk like Kobe.

What Cousy did, though, was completely change the game of basketball. Without him - and other innovators like Luisetti, Davies, Fulks, Baylor and Maravich - the game wouldn't be how it is today.

So, go ahead, shit all over the history of the game, post silly GIFs of Cousy dribbling one-handed and have a good laugh about the pioneers of the game. Go on, get it out of your system - impress your online buddies and make yourself look cool while you hide behind your computer pretending you're from the ghetto when you're actually at home in your bedroom while your Mom cooks you dinner.

Then grow up and realise that you are a fvcking imbecile with zero respect for history.

As Larry Bird once said: "All I know is that people tend to forget how great the older great players were. It'll happen that way with me, too."

And then, maybe then, TheMan/IncarceratedBob/ArbitraryWater, you'll realise what a prick you once were.
    Good looking out, man.

Nice essay, you make some good points and I applaud your effort but Cousy still sucks and shows us the garbage that was around the "GOAT" Bill Russell.

Good college starter

Great post

Made that high school varsity squad

I haven't been on this site in months, and I was hoping to see somewhat intelligent basketball conversation...instead, it's the same ol' bullshit with retarded, stat-geek, PER-worshipping posters continuously shitting on great players from past era instead of taking things for what they're worth.

Keep up the great work, fellas!