Default Marshall Plumlee got called up, sprints to MSG trying to get there on time.

"Former Duke big man Marshall Plumlee made his NBA debut for the New York Knicks on Sunday, logging five minutes and collecting one defensive rebound in a 104-94 win against the Atlanta Hawks at Madison Square Garden.

But just getting to the game on time proved to be the more challenging task for the 24-year-old, who arrived at the arena midway through the first quarter after sprinting through the Manhattan streets because his cab from Grand Central Terminal was stuck in bad traffic.

As the New York Daily News reported, Plumlee received a call at 10 a.m. on Sunday from the Knicks, telling him they needed him to suit up because Joakim Noah was sick.

When the phone call came, Plumlee said, he hopped on an express Metro North train, since he lives near the station. But after arriving in Manhattan, he made the mistake of trying to take a cab, finding himself parked in midtown traffic.

"The way it worked out from my GPS it said the train was faster. I caught the express, I live right next to the train station. Then I caught a cab," Plumlee said after the game.

After paying his cabbie to run some red lights

Default Re: Marshall Plumlee got called up, sprints to MSG trying to get there on time.

He's a good kid, and tough. He's gonna turn out well.