Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 03-22-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Game Boy Advance

For some reason I got the urge to play Pokemon and some older games (mostly bored at work). I found my old Gameboy Advance but I can't find any games. I hit up Ebay for some cheapies. Bought Pokemon FireRed, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Advance Wars, and Super Mario World 2. Any other suggestions for some gems that I missed? I'll probably get the Advance Wars sequels eventually so don't bother listing those.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:30 AM   #2
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Game Boy Advance

You're much better off just using an emulator (if you have a computer) instead of buying those games.

But for GBA, all of the Pokemon games are a must. That's all I used to play. I used to play Yugioh too but that's a more select genre.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:59 AM   #3
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
You're much better off just using an emulator (if you have a computer) instead of buying those games.

But for GBA, all of the Pokemon games are a must. That's all I used to play. I used to play Yugioh too but that's a more select genre.

I have a few games already like I stated. I don't have any interest in an emulator. The games are all cheap as hell on ebay lol. That's not an issue. Just looking for more game ideas. Sadly I'm not interested in Pokemon outside of the original 151. I had no connection to the others because I stopped after Yellow.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:23 AM   #4
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Emulators are perfect imo. So many advantages over the real deal.

Essentials:
Zelda A Link to The Past
Super Mario Bros. 3
Wario Land 4
Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga
Golden Sun
Castlevania (any of them)
Megaman Battle Network (skip the first one)
Megaman Zero\

Not tons of great games on there.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #5
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman

Velocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation here

The two Metroid games are pretty sweet to. Metroid Fusion and the newer one I forget. The Final Fantasies were nicely remade as well for the gba. If you like the original Pokemon games, just pick up Fire Red or Leaf Green since they are the original Red and Blue with a ton of extra features.

But as said already, get an emulator. Having save states and a fast forward button just can't be beat. You can level up your pokemon at like 800 fps.
Velocirap31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:07 PM   #6
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I just downloaded and installed Gameboid for my Galaxy S2 phone and it seems to run GBA roms perfectly. This is mostly to play some of the old RPGs. I just tried the fan-translated Mother 3 (sequel to Earthbound) rom and it seems to work fine.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:11 PM   #7
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I just downloaded and installed Gameboid for my Galaxy S2 phone and it seems to run GBA roms perfectly. This is mostly to play some of the old RPGs. I just tried the fan-translated Mother 3 (sequel to Earthbound) rom and it seems to work fine.

sounds sick

I dream of playing pokemon on my cellphone
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: