Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: 06,09 Wade vs Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by Boston C's
    ... if wades team wasnt ass he would of won mvp that yr over lebron
    ....if the nba wasn't blind kobe would have won mvp over Nash that year....

Quote Originally Posted by N0Skillz
    I can prove this without even going in detail and just looking at stats

09 Kobe vs 09 Wade

Kobe
    27/5/5 6FTA
    Wade
    30/7/5 10FTA

Wade has better stats but, the stats are SIMILAR on VERY DIFFERENT TEAMS WITH DIFFERENT ROLES. 3 Point differential.

06 Kobe vs 06 Wade

Kobe
    35/5/5 10FTA
    Wade
    27/6/7 10FTA

Kobe has much better stats, and the difference is LARGE. 8 Point Differential
    Yeah how about Wade was scoring 30 points on 49% and 22 shot attempts while Kobe was shooting 47% on 21 shot attempts he also averaged 8 assists if Kobe averaged 5 in 06. No Kobe does not have much better stats in 06 he took 8 more shots and scored 8 more points Kobe still has the scoring edge but Wade beats him everywhere else. You can think Kobe is better all four times but don't act like its not close.

Quote Originally Posted by N0Skillz
    ....if the nba wasn't blind kobe would have won mvp over Nash that year....
    whats your point

'06 and '09 Kobe > Wade. Was a better shooter (from midrange, FT and 3PT range), played just as good man to man defense, and was by far more clutch. They're near similar rebounders while Wade is slightly a better play maker.

Wade has better shot selection, and playmaking, while Kobe was a more explosive scorer and was/is easily better in the clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Uh, no. In 2006 Kobe just scored more points. He didn't have better all around numbers. He scored more points on a much higher volume. On avg, Kobe took nearly 10 more shots per game. And Wade was also on a much different team as well, so you must apply that circumstance to Wade, if you electing to do so for Bryant in 2009.
    no body in the entire league thought that Wade was better than Kobe in 2006. Even Alnozo Mourning said that Kobe was better than Wade minutes after winning his first title.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
    2006 Wade
    2009 Kobe
    2006 Wade - Really close though.
    Toss up, Wade was more versatile that season, but Kobe's scoring was unreal.

LOL Wade more "Versatile" then Kobe

Best One Today

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    no body in the entire league thought that Wade was better than Kobe in 2006. Even Alnozo Mourning said that Kobe was better than Wade minutes after winning his first title.
    One of the great coaches and basketball historians, Tex Winter sure as hell did. Don't believe me?

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...ows-basketball

Very good NBA starter

Yup. Payton said the same.

06 Kobe>>06 Wade
    09 Kobe>09 Wade

Wade didn't surpass Bryant until Kobe left his prime in 2010...

One of the great coaches and basketball historians, Tex Winter sure as hell did. Don't believe me?

The article is from August 2005, what does it have to do with the 2005-2006 season?

Furthermore, this article didn't quote entirely what Tex said which was:
    "All-around, [Wade] he's probably the best guard in the league. Individually, he's not as good as Kobe, as far as quickness and skills, etc.
    Last edited by Phong; 07-15-2011 at 02:57 PM.

8/08/05

I thought Wade in 2005 was better than Kobe in 2005, too.

Banned

It dont matter for these Fanboys. They dont care about basketball all they care about is their **** size.

Funny thing is these fools think they know more about the game then the players do.

Banned

This fool is gonna come up with ONE little article when Kobe was going threw problems.

I can find 5 articles on Google right now saying Kobe is the best player since 2001 to 2009.

GTFO with ur dumb logic.

Local High School Star

You can't say 09 Kobe is better than 09 Wade and then say 06 Kobe is also better than Wade.

It's contradictory.

I would take 2006 Kobe and 2009 Wade.

Both Wade and Kobe had great playoff runs in 2006 and 2009 but I think that's enough to elevate them over each other in those respective seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by NugzHeat3
    You can't say 09 Kobe is better than 09 Wade and then say 06 Kobe is also better than Wade.

It's contradictory.

Both Wade and Kobe had great playoff runs in 2006 and 2009 but I think that's enough to elevate them over each other in those respective seasons.
    It's contradictory if you rank players based off accolades and titles (i.e., Wade winning Finals MVP + ring in 2006 and vice versa in 2009 with Kobe). Off individual skill-sets though? I think it's fair to say Kobe is a more well-rounded player than Wade.

Maybe that's just me though?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NugzHeat3

It's contradictory.

Why not? Because ur a Wade fan so Wade has to be better then Kobe no matter what?

Kobe was EASILY the BEST player in 06. Its Amazing how these young kids forget things so quick these days. No one was even close to being good as Kobe in 06 amazing how these fools are delusional and cant tell who can Play ball and Who just like to rack up stats.

09 Kobe was slightly better then Wade due to his finger and Knee with age but pretty Obvious who was the best Guard at the time and LeBron Kobe neck and neck being the Best Player. But Once again LeBron fails to make it to the Final with having the Best record and Pointing fingers at his teammates for their failure.