Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 06-16-2008, 02:45 AM   #16
Fudge
fʊk ʏu all

Fudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: The Offseason of hell

Quote:
come to think of it i just enjoy hearing about and making fantasy trades... truth is rockets probably wont make any big moves!

If you've been watching the past 2 seasons -- mainly the past post-seasons -- then you wouldnt've came to that conclusion. We need a marquee player and surprisingly they're neither Yao or Mac. Honestly, as much as i support/love McGrady to death, he needs to get lost right. Really. Not to be rude by any means, Rocket/Mac fans. But on the real, i'm tired of falling short every season, the excuses we make when we don't have it our way, the humiliation we face when we repetitively say "this is our year, trust, we're going all the way" or anything of that sort. Significant changes should be.. umm ... great right about now, dontcha think?
Fudge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:59 AM   #17
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
If you've been watching the past 2 seasons -- mainly the past post-seasons -- then you wouldnt've came to that conclusion. We need a marquee player and surprisingly they're neither Yao or Mac. Honestly, as much as i support/love McGrady to death, he needs to get lost right. Really. Not to be rude by any means, Rocket/Mac fans. But on the real, i'm tired of falling short every season, the excuses we make when we don't have it our way, the humiliation we face when we repetitively say "this is our year, trust, we're going all the way" or anything of that sort. Significant changes should be.. umm ... great right about now, dontcha think?

McGrady wasn't the problem, Van Gundy was. He said Yao and T-Mac was all he needed as far as scoring and all that stuff. Adelman knows that isn't enough and he's looking to get someone who can create his own shot like T-mac because he's the only one that can do that.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:24 AM   #18
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge

hell yeah i want changes. dats i why im living in the same fantasy world of making fantasy trades. trust me I WANT TO BE PROVEN WRONG. but from the past few seasons, rockets havent tried to make a BIG TRADE. getting scola was pretty big, signing steve francis was suppose to be real big... nothing worked out. I was frustrated of t-mac because of injuries and i was ready for him to leave but be real, there is a low chance they trade him away. we would have to be getting players that make us championship contenders and really how much would teams give up for and injury prone t-mac.

another option is getting that third big player that can help us. thats why im making fantasy trades because i would love to see it happen... but your just being highly optimistic if you think one will happen that will make us legitimate championship conteders...
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:00 PM   #19
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation

What I'm thinking is that you guys need a bigger PF than Hayes or Battier and a proven scorer coming off the bench, and won't just chuck shots.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:48 PM   #20
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix
What I'm thinking is that you guys need a bigger PF than Hayes or Battier and a proven scorer coming off the bench, and won't just chuck shots.

hayes is our 3rd string power forward. we have 6'9 scola starting and an energetic Carl Landry backing him up. Battier starts at 3.

but a proven scorer off the bench is one we do need.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:46 PM   #21
CAYO
Serious playground baller

CAYO has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
I've heard so many trade rumors so far. One that continues to pop up all over the place is:

Shane Battier
Chuck Hayes

for

Hedo Turkey-glue
J.J. Reddick

This is from a plethra of fan sites, from both teams. Though as far as I know the actuall organizations themselves have not discussed anything.

This would be a bad trade IMO because JJ Reddick has done nothing, so it would basically be Hayes and Battier for Hedo. And that's too much value.

I LIKE THE REDDICK FOR CHUCK TRADE ,THE BATTIER FOR HEDO I DONT THE BLAZERS RUMOR IS BETTER SHANE FOR THE 13 PICK AND A PLAYER
CAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:44 PM   #22
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAYO
I LIKE THE REDDICK FOR CHUCK TRADE ,THE BATTIER FOR HEDO I DONT THE BLAZERS RUMOR IS BETTER SHANE FOR THE 13 PICK AND A PLAYER

depends what that player is. with the 13th pick, we might be able to get DJ Augustin. remember, a special point guard can set a team (ex. deron, chris paul...)... but we lose our defensive wing in battier, i dont think we could get any player from the portland roster that will make the trade worthwile. Its not like the point we are getting is a sure thing. Unless we could go out and get artest or posey, it might be too big of a risk on the defensive end.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:47 PM   #23
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
rodney stuckey is also on my radar, could be a very special player

Dumars already said he is untouchable.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:49 PM   #24
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Dumars already said he is untouchable.

yeah i found out. didnt think he was untouchable at first but if i were detroit i would have had the same mindset. cant let a guy like this go.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:39 AM   #25
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

Well the Rockets draft party is at Dave & Busters this Thursday. Its the one on 6010 Richmond. Is anyone going? Me and A-MATT are going.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: