Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 06-20-2009, 08:12 PM   #91
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: James Harden Can U See It Happen

so basically he had a terrible workout -_-
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:38 PM   #92
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
so basically he had a terrible workout -_-

I wouldnt say that. He just didnt shoot well.This was the first workout he has had in a week. He got injured in chicago, so he is getting back to form.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:05 AM   #93
Batman
High School Starter

Batman has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSims2108
Now I'm hearing the O.J. wants to play PG. Does anybody know if that's true?

Mayo should get moved to the PG

A Conley Mayo backcourt is too small for this league. Conley is only 5'11 Mayo is 6'4. When they are both on the court Mayo has to guard the bigger SGs like Tracy McGrady, and Kobe Bryant.
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:05 AM   #94
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He didn't have a bad workout at all. He just couldn't hit a shot. He performed well in all drills, he just couldn't hit the shot. Which is understandable considering he was injured and ill aswell, to top things off.

His workout with the Grizz isn't going to hurt him, or atleast it shouldn't.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:32 PM   #95
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

O.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryO.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

James Harden Draft this guy

6'5.25 w/o shoes
37 in vertical
222lbs
17x 185 Benching

This guy can be a huge player for us.
O.J A 6'4Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:54 PM   #96
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
James Harden Draft this guy

6'5.25 w/o shoes
37 in vertical
222lbs
17x 185 Benching

This guy can be a huge player for us.
Good possibility
Old 06-25-2009, 03:45 AM   #97
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

O.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryO.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Good possibility

If we draft Harden. Put Mayo at the 1. Either trade Conley for a PF. Or make him play backup.

Mayo (6'4)
Harden(6'6)
Gay (6'9)
???
Gasol (7'0)

I like the sound of that a nice big lineup up.
O.J A 6'4Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:45 AM   #98
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
If we draft Harden. Put Mayo at the 1. Either trade Conley for a PF. Or make him play backup.

Mayo (6'4)
Harden(6'6)
Gay (6'9)
???
Gasol (7'0)

I like the sound of that a nice big lineup up.
Or just put Harden on the bench and have an excellent sixth man, who can play the 2 and 3.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:52 AM   #99
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
If we keep the pick, we should either draft Rubio and trade him or draft Harden. I'm not sure what we should do with Harden, because, to me, is one of the best players in this draft. I think he gets a bit underrated at times.

Anyway, if we kept Harden, I would run Mayo at the point. We'd keep Conley there. The thing is, Harden is not big enough to play the SF and is only about an inch taller than Mayo. Which means that they are still slightly below average for even SG's.

If Harden was 6'7, or so, we could run with,

PG: Conley
SG: Mayo
C: Gasol
PF: Gay
SF: Harden

I think that would be ideal if Harden was taller, but that's not the case.

Now, with that lineup, Rudy would cause some problems. Offensively, he can take pretty much anyone, but defensively, he would struggle against the likes of Duncan, Jefferson, Bosh, Amare, etc.

If Rudy's 3 point shot was absolutely wet, I would really like that lineup, but it isn't. He gets buckets from attacking the rim, or that's when he's at his best. If he can really work on his 3 point shot this summer to help spread the floor, which will also open things up for him to attack the rim, then I will be happy.

However, Harden is not 6'7, I think if he was, he would be the obvious number 2 here. I hope we take him, because he will bring something new to this team. He's a smart player with a fantastic IQ, I just don't know how we would run a lineup with him on the team.

But the again, the saying is, you take the best player available, regardless of your roster needs. So it's between Rubio and Harden for me.

Gay@ PF?

Mayo at PG?

Good luck with that!

Last edited by Go Getter : 06-25-2009 at 07:59 AM.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:00 AM   #100
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter

Gay@ PF?

You do know that Gay plays some time at PF now right?

No, you didn't know that because you're a moron.

Anyway, I explained why and how that would work, what be the positives and negatives. If you disagree, atleast explain why, other than looking like a tool and posting a number of smilies.

Gay would only struggle against the better PFs in this league, but then again who doesn't? The likes of Duncan, Amare, Jefferson, etc. aren't going to be stopped by many players. So that's one thing you can't fault Rudy on. Atleast Rudy would have speed and quickness over nearly all PFs in this league.

He'd get killed on the boards, but then again, what's new there, Arthur and Hak get killed on the boards night in and night out, more so than Rudy does and they're supposed to be the power fowards, whilst Rudy isn't.

Now, that line up isn't supposed to be the starting lineup, it's a lineup that could possibly by used for say 15-20 minutes during the game. Especially if we don't land a decent PF this summer.

Now, feel free to argue with anything I have written, because the chances are you're going to look like an even bigger fool with your lack of knowledge.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:02 AM   #101
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Mayo at PG?

Good luck with that!
That must be why I put Conley at PG and Mayo at SG.

Moron.

Carry on continuing your lack of knowledge, it should be amusing.

Last edited by Kebab Stall : 06-25-2009 at 08:11 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:15 PM   #102
Maniak
Siobhan Sharpe

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If we got Harden Id like to see Conley get traded off. What do you(hypothetically, of course) think we could get for him?
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:54 PM   #103
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think for Conley...if you wait until a couple months after the season starts and he plays as good if not better than the last month or so of the season then you could land J-smoov it makes sense
Mayo could be the point Harden starts obviously. Then Atlanta gets the future point guard they've been needing for awhile. And in the process they get rid of what a lot of atlanta thinks is a nuisance in josh smith. Hollins made the team work a ton better last season imagine would he could do with Mayo-Harden-Gay-Smith-Gasol. Memphis would be king on the fast break and have a solid half court game as well. As a sweetner if Atlanta asks you could throw Darrell Arthur and get back Mo Evans since there's obviously a need for a backup guard.
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:34 PM   #104
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

We are drafting thabeet unfortunately every hour we get closer to draft it looks more and more likely.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:40 PM   #105
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
We are drafting thabeet unfortunately every hour we get closer to draft it looks more and more likely.
Eh, worse things have happened
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: