Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I rule the local playground PieceOfFelt's Avatar

Default If professional wrestling was real would it be the most popular sport?

A bunch of roided up eccentrics beating each other to death... sounds like an awesome sport.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Default Re: If professional wrestling was real would it be the most popular sport?

If it were real it wouldn't exist for very long. Either so many rules would be put in to pacify it or it would be outright banned because of the high death rate lol. Plus half of the moves require the opponent to let the other wrestler hit him. I doubt in real life someone is just going to stand there and let someone bash their head in with a chair.

I rule the local playground PieceOfFelt's Avatar

Default Re: If professional wrestling was real would it be the most popular sport?

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    If it were real it wouldn't exist for very long. Either so many rules would be put in to pacify it or it would be outright banned because of the high death rate lol.
    Exactly. People love barbaric shit and this would definitely be barbaric. Plus you add the flair these wrestlers bring to the table and you've got yourself one hell of a sport.

Banned

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

If for some reason this weren't shut down for legal reasons and fighters were stupid enough to use those fighting styles, it would be super popular among meat heads and would be protested like crazy by other large groups of people.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

If it were real it wouldn't exist for very long. Either so many rules would be put in to pacify it or it would be outright banned because of the high death rate lol. Plus half of the moves require the opponent to let the other wrestler hit him. I doubt in real life someone is just going to stand there and let someone bash their head in with a chair.

pro wrestling already has a crazy high death rate.

Banned

It already exists, it's called the UFC.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan

It already exists, it's called the UFC.
    lol, I was thinking the same thing or just regular wrestling.

It's kinda like saying if professional football had no pads it would be the most popular sport but wouldn't it just be similar to Rugby?

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    pro wrestling already has a crazy high death rate.
    True but usually those deaths happen outside of the ring. The league can wash their hands of those deaths.

Moves like a pile driver or power bomb can literally kill you lol

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

True but usually those deaths happen outside of the ring. The league can wash their hands of those deaths.

i think with the sheer number of how many ex-wrestlers have died the league has some culpability.

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

What do you mean, "If"? It is real

NBA rookie of the year

no it would not be. The UFC and Boxing combined is nowhere close to the NFL in popularity or profitability. despite the stereotypes the economic evidence seems to indicate that Americans aren't that into combat sports.

Personally I am a fan of the UFC and MMA, but its not that popular overall.

If it were real there'd be message boards filled with guys screaming about how the reffing sucks and the whole thing is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    If it were real there'd be message boards filled with guys screaming about how the reffing sucks and the whole thing is fixed.
    So true.