Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 LastLast

Default Re: Biden v. Ryan debate.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Biden has some horrible dentistry going on in his mouth. He looks like someone glued a bunch of chicklets to the front of his teeth.

You're not a single-issue voter on this are you?

National High School Star

Glad to see more and more people calling these debates and candidates for what they reallu are... Political circus without any substance. It's more and more like entertainment or watching your favorite sports team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe 4 The Win
    Here's Obamas 5 point plan for fixing the country

1. Raise taxes to stall economic growth

2. Spend trillions of dollars we don't have

3. Print money and continue to de-value the dollar

4. Raise the debt ceiling and quadruple the national debt

5. Gut our military to ensure we never win another war

I can't wait for 4 more years of this dynamic strategy!!!
    Raising taxes has never, ever stalled any type of economic growth (unless you raise the taxes on the middle/lower class). That is a lie, a canard, and needs to be put to rest.

Another fun fact for the "Republicans" here: Ronald Reagan raised taxes more than Obama has.
    Last edited by Droid101; 10-12-2012 at 11:55 AM.

i like all these claims about weakening the millitary.

the united states spends as much on millitary as the next 23 countries COMBINED. that means china, russia, all major powers in europe... all of them could combine their millitary spending and we would still be spending more.

who the **** is going to attack us? why do we need to spend as much as the next 23 countries combined?

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    I mean devaluing the dollar in the exchange rate, not inflation rate. Besides, the US inflation rate is still fairly manageable. Didn't you wonder why there was a great fuss about a possible currency war, where multiple countries try to devalue their currencies to achieve export competitiveness? Can you please elaborate the long term loss? (I do agree it's a rather mediocre short term strategy, but it's not as horrific as some might think).
    It's the interest rate.. Savers get demolished by keeping it artificially low and we are inflating bubbles elsewhere in the economy. I don't believe the key to our export competiveness lies in our currency. The problem is more structural and has to do with legislation in this country.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Ryan just went with Rmoney's tactic to just lie, lie, lie all the time no matter what.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...in-40-minutes/

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe 4 The Win
    This is what Republicans were pissed about in 2008 when Obama was babbling about "hope, change, yes we can" and had no substance to his rhetoric.
    You have to ask yourself why did that work? The reason "Hope and Change" were so powerful was how badly the Republicans have tarnished their brand. Not just the mistakes of George Bush, but how the House was run under the likes of Tom Delay, how the corruption of Jack Abramoff reached throughout the Republican establishment, how the Iraq War seemed more and more like a mistake in retrospect.

I wasn't going to post this comment until I saw this.

[QUOTE]In the hours before Thursday night

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    i like all these claims about weakening the millitary.

the united states spends as much on millitary as the next 23 countries COMBINED. that means china, russia, all major powers in europe... all of them could combine their millitary spending and we would still be spending more.

who the **** is going to attack us? why do we need to spend as much as the next 23 countries combined?

u should read about the whole tank issue. basically Congress approved the purchase of millions or billions in tanks of which the army says they don't want or need, but Congress is forcing it on them to keep the military suppliers in business and operating for future military manufacturing needs. i don't know if this was brought up at the VP debates since i didn't watch them but its a factor in our military expenditures that seem like a necessary evil altho really fukked up. oh and the other more f'd up thing to add on to that is our tanks are due for a upgrade in 2014 or something where all of the tanks we're purchasing now will have to be upgraded as well which is going to cost us a lot more for the tanks we're buying when that comes.
    Last edited by Godzuki; 10-12-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Biden has some horrible dentistry going on in his mouth. He looks like someone glued a bunch of chicklets to the front of his teeth.
    Richard Cohen today

[QUOTE]The smile

4 state polls out so far today...

Florida
    Romney +3
    Romney +4

NH
    Romney +4

Virginia
    Romney +2

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...lls/president/

Romney will win Florida, Virginia, North Carolina, Penn, NH, and Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    Romney will win Florida, Virginia, North Carolina, Penn, NH, and Colorado.
    Romney's not winning PA... U CAN FUUUUGETABOUTIT

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by falc39
    Glad to see more and more people calling these debates and candidates for what they reallu are... Political circus without any substance. It's more and more like entertainment or watching your favorite sports team.
    Truly so. That was the feeling I had from reading my Facebook comments last night. I'm a Michigan guy so I had debate statuses being posted simultaneously alongside Detroit Tigers statuses. And in truth, every status sounded the same, it was just a matter of whether people were blindly pulling for the Tigers ("Bob Melvin's complaining about the strike zone? Get real!"), blindly pulling for Joe Biden ("Why is Paul Ryan looking at Joe Biden like that?"), or blindly pulling for Paul Ryan (Paul Ryan is so polite, very vice presidential. Unlike Biden, who's laughing. What's so funny?).

The fact sports and the future leaders of our country are both approached in the same manner ("Mine is better than yours and you can't change how I feel about anything!") is really depressing.

Wow... So, the undecideds are still very undecided. Shocker of the night.

Who are these people and why should I care what they think (not directing that at you, but the incessant beating of the "undecideds" this time every four years). I'd hate to be behind one of these people at the deli.
    Not undecided on who they've voting for or what they stand for; undecided about who won the debate.

Who wins a debate is rarely clear; and are we going off of who will get the biggest boost because of the debate, or who made the better points? Both were strong debaters who had very different approaches, both made some good points, and both made some awful ones.

The moderator also looked WAY biased and could not stop Biden from interrupting because even she interrupted Ryan a couple of times.
    She made a Roman Catholic who supports abortion explain himself with 50 million people watching. In front of a Roman Catholic who does not. And then she returned the topic right back when it was about to change. That's pretty tough. Given the American median opinion concerning that issue, though, I suppose there wasn't much Ryan could really do with it. Any restriction of abortion always feels like the more radical stance, and Biden turned it to his advantage by equating a Romney victory with the overturning of Roe v. Wade, which is baloney.

Quote Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
    Can you point to the taxes that have been raised?

Romney plans on spending trillions himself.

Has Romney said he would stop printing money?

Are you aware that the debt ceiling was raised multiple times prior to the Obama administration? Can you point to the benefits of the US defaulting? Under a Romney administration do you think he will not ask that the ceiling be raised if it comes to that?

Are you aware that drastic cuts will go across the board if a compromise is not found between the two parties? Something that Ryan voted on as well. If an agreement is reached then drastic cuts will not happen. Are you in favor of the Romney plan to ramp up military spending even though our spending already dwarfs the rest of the world while making cuts to programs that actually help US citizens?

Well, Obama wants to repeal the Bush tax cuts. The Supreme Court also recently ruled that forcing people to purchase healthcare or pay a penalty is also a tax so there's two increases right off the top of my head with no research required.

I can't even begin to get into a conversation about economics with someone that equates Romney's planned spending with Obama's. BHO spent more in two years than all the previous Presidents combined. The pace we are on is not sustainable and no amount of BS is gonna change that. There is a clear difference between the economic philosophies of these two men and to pretend that there isn't is insane.

I have no interest in going back and forth with you point for point because there is no common ground between us and it wouldn't accomplish anything. You vote for who you want to vote for and I'll do the same. I'll leave you with this. The problem isn't that government doesn't have enough tax revenue coming in. The problem is that they piss away the money they we give them and then they keep coming back for the rest.