Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 01-19-2008, 04:06 PM   #1
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation
Default Who do you want/think the Knicks should draft?

Who should they take? Beasley? Mayo? Derrick Rose? Maybe even trade down?

Discuss.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 04:42 PM   #2
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Who do you want/think the Knicks should draft?

So much will depend on what they want/can do with their current players. I saw something that said the only guys that Thomas really likes are Crawford, Lee, and Robinson. I would assume Balkman would also be someone he likes as well. You would assume that Marbury has to be done with the Knicks. I think Thomas would give him away if he could. Curry and Randolph would both be good trade bait, and are also good enough to keep around. Richardson has lost his shot and needs to either return to Phoenix or get a new start somewhere else. I think next year you could see them keep a lineup that includes:

C-Curry
PF-Lee, Randolph, Jefferies, Rose
SF-Balkman, Chandler
SG-Crawford, Collins
PG-Robinson

So they seem to be pretty packed at PF. Center needs some help, especially if they do move Curry or plan to in the near future. SF could use a starter, but have a couple of young guys that you would think Thomas would like. At guard, they are a little thin, but Crawford is a good starter. I think they may start Robinson at point, but he would just anchor a really bad starting lineup.

So with all that in mind, I think Rose would be the best fit as he could start and play alongside Robinson and Crawford as well because he is 6-4. That at least gives them a direction while they try to get rid of all the bad contracts they have.

I think Jordan would also be a nice fit since they probably don't consider Curry the long term answer. Jordan might be too much like Curry, however, with his lack of rebounding. Still wouldn't be a bad fit if they are picking 4th or 5th.

I think Eric Gordon would also be a nice fit. Crawford could start at the point, and Robinson could come off the bench. That is a nice, athletic, good shooting three man rotation. He would be a good fit at #2 or #3.

I think Beasley would fill their biggest need as a starting SF, but his attitude would be hard to swallow considering all the bad attitudes they already seem to have. If he somehow fell to them at #4 or #5 then I think he is a good pick, however.

I don't think Mayo would fit in well at all. Considering Thomas' draft history, Mayo is the opposite of what he goes for anyway.

In the end, I think it comes down to Rose or Gordon. I really could see them taking either one at #1.

This all of course is only if Thomas is still in charge.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 04:56 PM   #3
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation
Default Re: Who do you want/think the Knicks should draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monthh
So much will depend on what they want/can do with their current players. I saw something that said the only guys that Thomas really likes are Crawford, Lee, and Robinson. I would assume Balkman would also be someone he likes as well. You would assume that Marbury has to be done with the Knicks. I think Thomas would give him away if he could. Curry and Randolph would both be good trade bait, and are also good enough to keep around. Richardson has lost his shot and needs to either return to Phoenix or get a new start somewhere else. I think next year you could see them keep a lineup that includes:

C-Curry
PF-Lee, Randolph, Jefferies, Rose
SF-Balkman, Chandler
SG-Crawford, Collins
PG-Robinson

So they seem to be pretty packed at PF. Center needs some help, especially if they do move Curry or plan to in the near future. SF could use a starter, but have a couple of young guys that you would think Thomas would like. At guard, they are a little thin, but Crawford is a good starter. I think they may start Robinson at point, but he would just anchor a really bad starting lineup.

So with all that in mind, I think Rose would be the best fit as he could start and play alongside Robinson and Crawford as well because he is 6-4. That at least gives them a direction while they try to get rid of all the bad contracts they have.

I think Jordan would also be a nice fit since they probably don't consider Curry the long term answer. Jordan might be too much like Curry, however, with his lack of rebounding. Still wouldn't be a bad fit if they are picking 4th or 5th.

I think Eric Gordon would also be a nice fit. Crawford could start at the point, and Robinson could come off the bench. That is a nice, athletic, good shooting three man rotation. He would be a good fit at #2 or #3.

I think Beasley would fill their biggest need as a starting SF, but his attitude would be hard to swallow considering all the bad attitudes they already seem to have. If he somehow fell to them at #4 or #5 then I think he is a good pick, however.

I don't think Mayo would fit in well at all. Considering Thomas' draft history, Mayo is the opposite of what he goes for anyway.

In the end, I think it comes down to Rose or Gordon. I really could see them taking either one at #1.

This all of course is only if Thomas is still in charge.

I agree with everything you just said. Rose and Gordon are probably the two best choices for the Knicks if they get a top 2 pick. But what if they don't get that high of a pick? Say they get pick 6 or 7. Who should they take then? Donte Greene of Syracuse? I know they already have Balkman and Chandler, but they could just come off the bench and be good contributors, and Greene could start.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: