Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 10-20-2006, 04:09 PM   #16
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Well with Robinson stepping up like that, Burleson better start to pick up his game or he's gone.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 09:40 PM   #17
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Just went final. Cats win their first preseason game 101-89. I'll try to get a recap up asap
Old 10-25-2006, 12:42 AM   #18
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Exclamation

Way to go!!! I was relieved to see that Meka is regaining his power; Sean May's performance didn't surprise me as I really think that he's capable of many 20-point games.

We've yet to have a clue as to who will be cut from the roster...........
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:02 PM   #19
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Yeah, it was a good performance out of May. It really showed what he is capable of and the talent he has. If he hadn't gone out with that injury last year I think we would be talking about him as much as we talk about Felton.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:24 AM   #20
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Thumbs up

What a phenomenal game against the Bucks. Only wish that I could have watched it rather than just listened on the radio!

The radio commentators again talked about the need to cut one more player from the roster by Monday and their impression of those on the bubble: Walter Hermann, Alan Anderson, Burleson and B-Rob. My personal wish is that the Cats keep B-Rob. He really does add to the game when he is needed.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 03:48 PM   #21
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Quote:
GREEN BAY, Wisc. - Charlotte 126, Milwaukee 124, 2OT Name a sillier concept in sports than overtime in the preseason.

Both teams' starters were long gone and the Charlotte Bobcats and Milwaukee Bucks were running out of reserves. So when veteran Othella Harrington put up a 15-foot jump shot at the buzzer of the second OT, both teams quietly willed it through the basket.

Prayer answered. Bobcats 126, Milwaukee Bucks 124 in the most irrelevant 10 minutes of basketball you could have witnessed.

Some decent offense (Gerald Wallace had 29 points) trumped some pitiful defense for the Bobcats, 2-5 in the preseason. The highlights included Sean May's shooting -- he swished a 3-pointer in the first overtime to erase a two-point deficit -- and rookie Adam Morrison's all-around playmaking.

Morrison scored 18 points, and made two sharp passes that should have resulted in baskets. But the big men aren't quite ready for his draw-and-dish moves.

The Bobcats also aren't ready to defend with any consistency. That was coach Bernie Bickerstaff's primary complaint, particularly after Bucks forward Charlie Villanueva hit eight of his first 11 shots en route to 25 points.

"Offensive (May) is pretty ...good,'' Bickerstaff said, immediately changing the subject.

"But our collective defense was atrocious.''
It may have taken 2 overtimes but we are finally beginning to close out these games. Good little winning streak going here.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: