Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 04-03-2007, 07:02 PM   #16
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation
Default Re: MSU is gonna be nice next year.

It no longer makes me suicidal to point this out, but IDKWTI really is that good.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:31 PM   #17
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They have some nice recruits alongside Gordon. I'm not sold on the team they have as far as returning players.

I'll take MSU's team and new guys over DJ White and new guys (particularly Gordon).
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:42 PM   #18
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As much as I hate Indiana, they will be better then MSU next year. IDKWTI and White will be a nice 1-2 punch.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:50 PM   #19
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

White is way overrated. Dude can't even get a rebound.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:45 AM   #20
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

cbs.sportsline.com's top 25:

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/colleg...story/10106770

1. UCLA
My guess: Nobody leaves early.
My explanation: The addition of Kevin Love to the post will be huge, and I suspect Ben Howland will get his first national title.

2. Kansas
My guess: Brandon Rush leaves early.
My explanation: The Jayhawks played like the best team in the nation toward the end of the season, and it'll carry over, no doubt.

3. Memphis
My explanation: Derrick Rose guiding the Tigers' high-octane offense should ensure another easy run through C-USA.

4. North Carolina
My guess: Brandan Wright leaves early.
My explanation: The most talented team in the nation will be ridiculously talented again.

5. Louisville
My explanation: Assuming Derrick Caracter doesn't flip out for no reason, Rick Pitino should have another Final Four-caliber team.

6. Tennessee
My explanation: Wait until you see what Bruce Pearl is capable of with experienced talent.

7. Ohio State
My guess: Greg Oden leaves early.
My explanation: Incoming freshman Kosta Koufos isn't Oden, but he'll be good as long as Mike Conley Jr. is throwing him the ball.

8. Southern California
My guess: Nick Young leaves early.
My explanation: The Trojans should be strong with O.J. Mayo, Gabe Pruitt and Taj Gibson, making Los Angeles the place to be for college hoops next season.

9. Washington State
My explanation: Another year of experience will be enough to keep the Cougars near the top of the Pac-10.

10. Kansas State
My explanation: It's been a while since Bob Huggins had two prospects as good as Bill Walker and Michael Beasley.

11. Georgetown
My guess: Jeff Green leaves early.
My explanation: If we learn in the next month that Green and Roy Hibbert are both returning, the Hoyas should move to the top of all preseason rankings.

12. Michigan State
My explanation: Drew Neitzel + highly rated recruiting class = Good times at MSU again.

13. Marquette
My explanation: The Golden Eagles were a Top 25 team most of this past season, and they should be better in 2007-08.

14. Indiana
My explanation: Assuming Kelvin Sampson lets Eric Gordon shoot like crazy he'll easily lead the Hoosiers in scoring -- and perhaps to a Big Ten title.

15. Villanova
My explanation: A backcourt of Scottie Reynolds plus incoming freshmen Corey Stokes, Corey Fisher and Malcolm Grant could have Jay Wright toying with a four-guard offense again.

16. Duke
My guess: Josh McRoberts leaves early.
My explanation: A strong recruiting class led by Kyle Singler should help the Blue Devils start looking like the Blue Devils again.

17. Georgia Tech
My guess: Thaddeus Young leaves early.
My explanation: If Lewis Clinch returns from suspension, Georgia Tech's roster will be more talented than most ACC teams.

18. Arkansas
My explanation: Assuming the Hogs get a coach, they should be pretty good.

19. Alabama
My explanation: If there's any justice in the world the Crimson Tide will catch a few breaks, avoid injuries and tragedies completely.

20. Oregon
My explanation: The Ducks won't be as good, but Tajuan Porter, Bryce Taylor, Malik Hairston and Maarty Leunen aren't a bad core.

21. Washington
My guess: Spencer Hawes leaves early.
My explanation: Even without Hawes the Huskies have a ton of talent, including Quincy Pondexter and Jon Brockman.

22. Southern Illinois
My explanation: The Salukis will miss Jamaal Tatum, but Randal Falker could develop into the MVC Player of the Year.

23. Stanford
My explanation: The Cardinal finished poorly this season, but Fred Washington is the only real loss from a roster that beat UCLA, USC and Washington State.

24. Gonzaga
My explanation: Assuming Josh Heytvelt returns, expect the Zags to compete nationally and win the West Coast Conference again.

25. Butler
My explanation: Three of the Bulldogs' top four scorers return, meaning somebody is inheriting a nice situation.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:07 PM   #21
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2825071

espn.com has them at 13.

So the average ranking b/w SI, ESPN and sportlines is 12.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:23 AM   #22
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/6641242

Foxsports' rankings. Have MSU at 7. Now I'm more excited about this group than any other since the golden years...6 years ago.....ya, so I'm excited, but 7 is a little too high. They definitely can be there or higher by the end of the season, but I'm waiting to see if they underachieve like usual.

I probably should have just made a thread with all the rankings.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:39 PM   #23
barne100
Good High School Starter

barne100 is considered somewhat coolbarne100 is considered somewhat cool

i see a nice run to the elite eight then a team with more talent beating then.

either way i got izzone tickets and i'll be there every game.
barne100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:42 AM   #24
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Joe Lunardi of ESPN did a preliminary bracketology and has MSU as a 2 seed. This is starting to worry me. This much preseason hype doesn't bode will at all for us.

BTW, He has Indiana as a 3 seed and Illinois as a 5 seed.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:39 PM   #25
skan72
Deep dick pizza

skan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Watch out for Gonzaga and Micah Downs next year. This kid is developing into an elite level player and is going to make some serious noise in the next two years.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: