Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415 LastLast

Default Re: Michael Jordan WON a championship by himself. Many are just Ignorant about it on ISH

The problem is Guy, Andgar, and Ghengis feel that only Michael Jordan could mold Scottie Pippen into the player we saw. That I disagree with. Did he help in the development of Pippen? Emphatically YES. But I stop short at this assumption that Jordan and Jordan only couldve shown Pip the way. As if another franchise couldn't find.another great player to mentor him. And this doesn't even factor in why Pippen was the only player Jordan was able to help.

Whats more, the very things you guys penalize Pippen for, scoring and man defense, is the thing id credit Jordan for having the biggest hand in. Whay made Pippen great was his versatility. And his great help defense. As well as his ability to be a 6'8'PG.

Default Re: Michael Jordan WON a championship by himself. Many are just Ignorant about it on ISH

No one ever won a title by themselves because there are 4 other players on the floor at the same time with you. If winning a title by yourself means the team won a title and you were the only player who made the allstar team, then just say so and so won a title as the only player who actually was an allstar that season.

There are some really absurd things being said here. You guys really think MJ's a god.. he didn't rest on the 7th day, he handcrafted Pippen right?

Good High School Starter AussieG's Avatar

It doesn't even matter, which is true. Who cares.

It's like the MVP for this season.. if it's LeBron or Durant.. who cares.. one of them will win it. It's not that big of a deal with either way. Both of them are the top 2 players in the league.. MVP doesn't change that.

Doesn't need a daily report on the progress of it, and who is now leading the race.

All of this type of stuff is just fanboy logic.. that people use to argue shit in their favour.. because they have too much time on their hands. And no one really gives a shit either way.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    The problem is Guy, Andgar, and Ghengis feel that only Michael Jordan could mold Scottie Pippen into the player we saw. That I disagree with. Did he help in the development of Pippen? Emphatically YES. But I stop short at this assumption that Jordan and Jordan only couldve shown Pip the way. As if another franchise couldn't find.another great player to mentor him. And this doesn't even factor in why Pippen was the only player Jordan was able to help.

Whats more, the very things you guys penalize Pippen for, scoring and man defense, is the thing id credit Jordan for having the biggest hand in. Whay made Pippen great was his versatility. And his great help defense. As well as his ability to be a 6'8'PG.
    I've never said Jordan and only Jordan could've molded Pippen that way. I've said that I highly doubt that that many people could, specifically other superstars, which was the main argument in the beginning because the whole comparison I was pointing to was Jordan and other superstars, specifically their teammates and how fortunate they supposedly were relative to the other.

Maybe I haven't expanded on my position enough but to me its because as far as Pippen's defense goes, who better to practice against then the greatest wing scorer of all-time and who better to learn from then arguably the greatest perimeter defender of all-time? As far as his scoring goes, who better to practice against then arguably the greatest perimeter defender of all-time and who better to learn from then the greatest wing scorer of all-time? On top of that, it was with someone that was a fierce competitor and tireless work ethic, which makes a much bigger difference then if it was with someone like Charles Barkley, Tracy McGrady, Dwyane Wade, etc. On top of that, as far as experience goes, he was less likely get the experience of going deep in the playoffs every year with another superstar other then Jordan at the time, unless it was with another superstar that had an already established roster which means there's a good chance he has a lesser role, and that experience makes players better.

And just to clarify, I've never said that if he couldn't become the player he was with Jordan, that he wouldn't have still been a good or great player.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Jordan was playing against weak 6 footers. He was being guarded by these guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFDTe5kqxKM
    Eric Snow?

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    There are some really absurd things being said here. You guys really think MJ's a god.. he didn't rest on the 7th day, he handcrafted Pippen right?
    He is THE basketball GOD, bow you lowly subject with your worship of the false god known as Gawdbe!
    Burn in the hell fires of Hades you ignorant lot, you worshippers of a leper messiah! Your soul will suffer infinite deaths for ever thinking Gawdbe was our true God and savior! Die you maggot infested heretics!

BURN!!!
    Last edited by TheMan; 02-13-2013 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    It must suck to be a Jordan stan. Your favorite player is done for playing good. So all you can do is root for the other great players to fail
    Isn't that what you basically do when trashing LBJ's current competition?

Hypocrite
    Last edited by TheMan; 02-13-2013 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    He is THE basketball GOD, bow you lowly subject with your worship of the false god known as Gawdbe!
    Burn in the hell fires of Hades you ignorant lot, you worshippers of a leper messiah! Your soul will suffer infinite deaths for ever thinking Gawdbe was our true God and savior! Die you maggot infested heretics!

BURN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy

A fellow believer whose soul shall be spared the wrath of GOD

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

I hope I can sit at the feet of our savior, for posting these two gifs and believing he is the best player I saw

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Right. Just like Lebron would've had a worse career had he not joined forces w/ Wade and Miami. One could also argue Wade would've had a better career.

Matter of fact, now that I think about it, the same applies for Bird / Mchale. Crazy.
    Sure, but there is a difference: Bird was going to win no matter what. Even without McHale/Parish he took his team to the #1 best record in his Rookie season. He wasn't reliant on a specific teammate. That's the point. I think Jordan has a very small list of players he could have had as teammates to have succeeded and he was lucky he got the best one - Pippen, who was willing to be a lesser player in order to win more.

Bird, Lebron, they just needed a good team. It didn't necessarily matter the kind of players they got because they are so adjustable. Jordan was one-track for most of his career.
    Last edited by LeBird; 02-13-2013 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I've never said Jordan and only Jordan could've molded Pippen that way. I've said that I highly doubt that that many people could, specifically other superstars, which was the main argument in the beginning because the whole comparison I was pointing to was Jordan and other superstars, specifically their teammates and how fortunate they supposedly were relative to the other.

Maybe I haven't expanded on my position enough but to me its because as far as Pippen's defense goes, who better to practice against then the greatest wing scorer of all-time and who better to learn from then arguably the greatest perimeter defender of all-time? As far as his scoring goes, who better to practice against then arguably the greatest perimeter defender of all-time and who better to learn from then the greatest wing scorer of all-time? On top of that, it was with someone that was a fierce competitor and tireless work ethic, which makes a much bigger difference then if it was with someone like Charles Barkley, Tracy McGrady, Dwyane Wade, etc. On top of that, as far as experience goes, he was less likely get the experience of going deep in the playoffs every year with another superstar other then Jordan at the time, unless it was with another superstar that had an already established roster which means there's a good chance he has a lesser role, and that experience makes players better.

And just to clarify, I've never said that if he couldn't become the player he was with Jordan, that he wouldn't have still been a good or great player.
    You always start your post by stating you never said yada, yada, yada. But then everything you post afterward goes contrary to that statement. At least the other two are man enough to admit they feel Jordan made Pippen.

Fact is none of us know how Pippen wouldve faired without Jordans influence. All signs point to his being successful. Hell he became everything scouts felt hed become. And this was before he even met Michael Jordan.

Most importantly, why does this need to become an issue? Im sure Bird and Mchale practiced post moves on each other. Who gets penalised? Jabaar taught Magic how to do that baby hook shot. Do we penalize Magic? Jordan stated Pippen helped his game as well. Mainly teamwork. Do we penalize Jordan?

Thats what teammates do. Thats why they practice.

Quote Originally Posted by LeBird
    Sure, but there is a difference: Bird was going to win no matter what. Even without McHale/Parish he took his team to the #1 best record in his Rookie season. He wasn't reliant on a specific teammate. That's the point. I think Jordan has a very small list of players he could have had as teammates to have succeeded and he was lucky he got the best one - Pippen, who was willing to be a lesser player in order to win more.

Bird, Lebron, they just needed a good team. It didn't necessarily matter the kind of players they got because they are so adjustable. Jordan was one-track for most of his career.
    Be realistic bro. Bird wasnt the sole reason the Celtics fortunes began to turn. If you feel that way, youre no better than them