Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scp2071
    JJ Redick has got the sweetest stroke ever and going to orlando needing a SG he is going to get the ball alot and has a great chance
    JJ Finally Hit a Jumpshot, This prediction was off by far.

Adam Morrison is ROY

Decent playground baller gsxr1kryder's Avatar

my initial pick was Branden Roy. but he got hurt.
    Reddick hasn't played at all yet. so he's never going to win it.

Best performing rookie so far has been Adam Morrison. he will eventually win it (if he stays healthy).

Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    JJ will make a great rookie year in Orlando when he returns from injury... woud expect him shooting madness from downtown all the way... to winning ROY!
    he'll be lucky to be in the NBA in 2-3 years let alone win ROY. This guy sucks, he's a product of the system.

Quote Originally Posted by baseketball4life
    he'll be lucky to be in the NBA in 2-3 years let alone win ROY. This guy sucks, he's a product of the system.
    He last in the league based on his jumper somebody will always pick him up for that

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

it is really a toss up. The ROY should help the team he is on like Chris paul almost gettin N.O. to the playoffs. all the good rookies are on bad teams that are going nowhere..

Saw a basketball once ThaKryptKeeper's Avatar

This thread has to be a joke right? JJ Reddick is an embarrasment to shooting gaurds. The guy is a skinny punk who couldn't shoot a 3 if he was using a tennis ball and the basket was the diameter of an elephants waist. JJ winning the ROY? Maybe the FOY(Flop of the Year) But sure as hell not the ROY.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThaKryptKeeper
    This thread has to be a joke right? JJ Reddick is an embarrasment to shooting gaurds. The guy is a skinny punk who couldn't shoot a 3 if he was using a tennis ball and the basket was the diameter of an elephants waist. JJ winning the ROY? Maybe the FOY(Flop of the Year) But sure as hell not the ROY.
    The therad was made back in July. Just a prediction.

Serious playground baller mid80sjordan's Avatar

redick can really shoot

give him a few years

Quote Originally Posted by mid80sjordan
    redick can really shoot

give him a few years
    actually the funny thing is he cant shoot... look at his college stats. 39% on 3's and thats college. FT's are the only thing he can do in the pros... and he never will get fouled so that dun matter

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by huppcap
    It's difficult to take shots when you are not healthy. Even if healthy he is slow and cannot create his own shot. Morrison can create his own shot and is a better passer. I don't see Redick at this point having a major impact in the NBA.
    As I stated back in the fall. Redick is a long shot to be an impact player unless he really works on his game and even then its an uphill battle for him.

Bargnani is going to challenge for ROY.

Serious playground baller

Default JJ Redick

You guys are idiots. Redick can definitely shoot. Redick shot 42.1% from the field his senior year, and only shot below 40% one year when he shot 39.5%. Do the math there is no way his career average is 39% everyone on this forum is on Ray Allen's nuts and he shoots like 32% from three point range. Most importantly Reddicks pps were always very high, so he was not only a great scorer but did it effeciently.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=11144

I never liked Redick that much in college, but the idiots on this board are making me like him. Redick is definitely NBA calibre, anyone saying otherwise is retarded. The guy is not a stand still jump shooter. He can shoot off the dribble, going in any direction. He even has a fadeaway midrange shot. JJ Redick also has more range then anyone in the NBA. Take T-mac and have him shoot 20 30 foot jumpers, he would be lucky to hit 8 of them. Redick would knock down 15 or more of them.

The only thing about Redick is his handles aren't great. And he get's his shot stuffed when he drives the lane.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by huppcap
    As I stated back in the fall. Redick is a long shot to be an impact player unless he really works on his game and even then its an uphill battle for him.

Bargnani is going to challenge for ROY.

most likely. but by default.. that's how unproductive the rookies have been this year..

don't get me wrong though.. i think some of the rookies from this year will be superstars..
    rudy gay
    adam morrison
    brandon roy..

Local High School Star

Default Re: JJ Redick Winning the ROY

Roy wins.

Default Re: JJ Redick

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1
    You guys are idiots. Redick can definitely shoot. Redick shot 42.1% from the field his senior year, and only shot below 40% one year when he shot 39.5%. Do the math there is no way his career average is 39% everyone on this forum is on Ray Allen's nuts and he shoots like 32% from three point range. Most importantly Reddicks pps were always very high, so he was not only a great scorer but did it effeciently.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=11144

I never liked Redick that much in college, but the idiots on this board are making me like him. Redick is definitely NBA calibre, anyone saying otherwise is retarded. The guy is not a stand still jump shooter. He can shoot off the dribble, going in any direction. He even has a fadeaway midrange shot. JJ Redick also has more range then anyone in the NBA. Take T-mac and have him shoot 20 30 foot jumpers, he would be lucky to hit 8 of them. Redick would knock down 15 or more of them.

The only thing about Redick is his handles aren't great. And he get's his shot stuffed when he drives the lane.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Default Re: JJ Redick

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    What was wrong about what he said?