Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Root Of All Evil

Default Re: This is the most aesthetically pleasing 50 point game of all-time

Quote Originally Posted by DRose1899
    TBH, I don't found MJ games is that exciting though even with all of his acrobatic shooting watching its from highlight or his highlight or old games.

I mean its feel so robotic, its just so perfect and that's ridiculous.. n his athleticism feels so different than such like kobe or rose, its just like panther that so strong and fast.
    How old are you?

You just completely contradicted yourself in like a few sentences.

He's "robotic" ... but moved like a "panther" ...

You can't be stiff and robotic, and then compare him to an elegant and graceful animal.

Black cat aka a panther ... being one of his nick names by the way because he moved so agile, and elegant ... with free flowing natural grace ... just like an animal.

You may not find it appealing. But it captured the imagination of a generation of people from the mid 80's to the late 90's.

Included is Kobe's game, and Rose.

Rose being from Chicago, is clearly influenced by Jordan.

You know his signature reverse layup you see him pull off so often in games?

That's ALL MJ right there.

Banned

so being able to attack in all possible way (being impossible to stop and the greatest scoring guard of all time) is a bad thing now? Jordan's game is the most aesthetic thing that ever embraced the game of basketball, from the penetration lay-ups/dunk to fade aways (which kobe TRIES to COPY all the time), from offense to defense, from power to skill

kobe nut-huggers bringing it to another level, but MJ = the GOAT and you fa99ot-azz nikkaz deal with it.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Funny people always say that Mj didn't have "the range" that Kobe did.

Uh... Mj was stronger than Kobe, just because he didn't elect to shoot long range jumpers, it doesn't mean he couldn't be as effective if not more if he decided to chuck them up.

By those standards, I guess Arenas and Crawford are also better than MJ?

And since MJ and I believe even Bron have more half court shots, that makes their range even better no?

http://youtu.be/4A6TZ0AM_pA

Shit... MJ's half court shots look about the same as Kobe's 3pt shots.

MJ GOAT!!!!
    It's as simple as this ... MJ could shoot the 3 when he wanted, he proved that time and time again.

But no he doesn't have the range of Kobe.

The reverse side to that is that it made him the better player.

He could get to the rim at will against any defense, so what's the need to shoot 30+ footers?

He was the smarter basketball player.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    How old are you?

You just completely contradicted yourself in like a few sentences.

He's "robotic" ... but moved like a "panther" ...

You can't be stiff and robotic, and then compare him to an elegant and graceful animal.

Black cat aka a panther ... being one of his nick names by the way because he moved so agile, and elegant ... with free flowing natural grace ... just like an animal.

You may not find it appealing. But it captured the imagination of a generation of people from the mid 80's to the late 90's.

Included is Kobe's game, and Rose.

Rose being from Chicago, is clearly influenced by Jordan.

You know his signature reverse layup you see him pull off so often in games?

That's ALL MJ right there.
    Seems like it, my vocab isn't the best.

I mean MJ did it like its feel so easy, so not much of "wow, that's such a crazy shot there" vibe from it.

And he move to left and right just as easy he dribbling straight, the hell you do that?

I'm only 19, still catching up for the old days.

Root Of All Evil

Oh, well take your time bro ...

Find a player you enjoy and study his game.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

It's as simple as this ... MJ could shoot the 3 when he wanted, he proved that time and time again.

But no he doesn't have the range of Kobe.

The reverse side to that is that it made him the better player.

He could get to the rim at will against any defense, so what's the need to shoot 30+ footers?

He was the smarter basketball player.
    Why would people say he doesn't have the same range?

Just because he didn't shoot *cough cough chuck* as many shots? I never understood that logic. When MJ did indeed shot longer range shots, he was still effective, because as we all saw, he was stronger and had better body control (balance).

Seems like it, my vocab isn't the best.

I mean MJ did it like its feel so easy, so not much of "wow, that's such a crazy shot there" vibe from it.

And he move to left and right just as easy he dribbling straight, the hell you do that?

At least you're honest, and appear to wanna learn more.

7-time NBA All-Star

This one comes to mind. So many ridiculously difficult jumpers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpWAyV-S7P0

This one as well. Looked so effortless. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_ma-03aeIE

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Why would people say he doesn't have the same range?
    Because he really doesn't. Kobe from 2006 - recently ... will consistently shoot from ridiculous lengths.

Jordan would shoot long range shots to beat a shot clock or a buzzer beater once in awhile.

So via that alone ... it's easy to tell Kobe has more natural range.

You act like MJ is superior at everything. That's what makes you a homer.

Because he really doesn't. Kobe from 2006 - recently ... will consistently shoot from ridiculous lengths.

Jordan would shoot long range shots to beat a shot clock or a buzzer beater once in awhile.

So via that alone ... it's easy to tell Kobe has more natural range.

You act like MJ is superior at everything. That's what makes you a homer.
    No, I don't believe MJ is the best at everything. I just don't accept the argument people make.

It's kinda like people just assume that Kobe is superior at having a better long range shot than MJ, when it isn't the case. More attempts doesn't necessarily make him a better long range shooter. More attempts just means more attempts, it'll be a different argument if MJ consistently showed that he couldn't make them, but that isn't the case either. It's almost a throwaway statement when people state that imo... "oh... Kobe has a better long range game" as if it aint even up for debate (that's how it comes across at least). But we've seen MJ hit long tough range jumpers repeatedly in his career, and not just as bail out shots either. He would occasionally pull up off one dribble and pop that in.

I don't mind if people state that it's arguable that Kobe has a better long range shot. It's just the dismissiveness in which people say it that I find wrong. I mean... i'd understand if there was evidence that showed without a shadow of a doubt, Kobe blows him away, but there isn't. That's how it's portrayed, and it also seems as tho some people just go "ehh... let Kobe have that for argument's sake." That's how myths and lies get born and spread, such as the 'Zone' bullshit that got orchestrated by Alphawolf (Kpah) a few years ago.

andgar has to be one of the most dilusional posters in the boards history. The "evidence" you need is thus:

Jordan is a career 29% shooter from the real 3 point line.

He has the worst showing in 3 point contest history.

I mean really...how can you even begin to contemplate saying some of the nonsense your spewing? Even LOCO aka old school bball will disagree with you and he's the biggest Jordan fanatic around.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    andgar has to be one of the most dilusional posters in the boards history. The "evidence" you need is thus:

Jordan is a career 29% shooter from the real 3 point line.

He has the worst showing in 3 point contest history.
    And Kobe's will go down as his career winds down.

Do you wanna compare 'playoff' 3pt percentage?

and I didn't know this was solely about 3pt shots. I might be wrong, but I thought it was just long range shots in general (of course including the 3pt line).

Just because kobe is a better three point shooter doesn't make him the GOAT. Is steve kerr the GOAT because he has the highest 3 point percentage? no don't be stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUf4sCUsDpI

oh lawd, barely any layups, just unbelievable shooting ability (lol MJ could never pull this off, just didn't have the shooting/range).
    If it wasn't Smush Parker stealing the ball from Nash and passing it to Kobe for the open three that 50 point game wouldn't had happen, so my props to Smush.

Quote Originally Posted by ballerz
    Just because kobe is a better three point shooter doesn't make him the GOAT. Is steve kerr the GOAT because he has the highest 3 point percentage? no don't be stupid
    & then by what ???

your logic is broken..

FG percentage ? Tyson Chandler is higher.
    FT% ? Sasha Vujacic is better
    & the list goes on..