Default Amar'e should retire

I'm completely serious here, Amare's should retire. He looks in pain moving. It's not that the explosion is gone, he can't move. He's incredibly slow, and his game is 100% built around him being athletic. He can't play defense, he cannot rebound, and his offense without the athleticism is horrific.

I like him personally and I'm glad he came here, but let's be honest, we paid him the most. He needs to take his money and go home. Staying on the roster, taking up space, clogging our cap is the worst thing he can do.

He cannot play anymore. Go home. Do something else. But stop this charade that you can play basketball.

Default Re: Amar'e should retire

And "if" he retired that would give the Knicks how much cap space?

The issue that could have actually been dealt with was doing something with chandler before his value disappeared

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    And "if" he retired that would give the Knicks how much cap space?

The issue that could have actually been dealt with was doing something with chandler before his value disappeared
    It would probably give the knicks a $10M exemption for next year to find a replacement player.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

He should be given an "offer he can't refuse" or he'd be "sleeping with the fishes"

Sorry I've been watching a lot of gangster classics all week.

Krust Kingz

If it isnt life threatening I wouldnt retire. What fool is leaving all that money on the table not to play major minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    If it isnt life threatening I wouldnt retire. What fool is leaving all that money on the table not to play major minutes.
    You get your full salary if you retire. Every last dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    You get your full salary if you retire. Every last dollar.
    This is true but you probably lose the opportunity to make money after this contract is up. Granted, he'll never get another max deal again but he could get another contract once this deal is up on somebody's bench. I don't know about you guys, but league minimum is more than I make.

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    This is true but you probably lose the opportunity to make money after this contract is up. Granted, he'll never get another max deal again but he could get another contract once this deal is up on somebody's bench. I don't know about you guys, but league minimum is more than I make.
    No you don't. You can come back in a year or two if healthy and try to make it back. And which point the insurance company might ask the Knicks back for the cash. Retirement means you are saying you are not coming back, but you can always change your mind. (It's basically Farve retirement.)

Does Amare, who made $20M a year really going to hang around and be a 10 minute 14th guy on the bench to squeeze a little bit of money out? That's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    No you don't. You can come back in a year or two if healthy and try to make it back. And which point the insurance company might ask the Knicks back for the cash. Retirement means you are saying you are not coming back, but you can always change your mind. (It's basically Farve retirement.)

Does Amare, who made $20M a year really going to hang around and be a 10 minute 14th guy on the bench to squeeze a little bit of money out? That's sad.
    Once you are gone 2 years, it's highly unlikely you'll make it back. And yes, players are that greedy and petty lol