Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Default Re: 3rd Presidential debate: focuses on foreign policy, Monday Oct 22th 9:00 pm EST

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    Obama shouldn't talk about TV commercials seeing how he's spent a hell of a lot more on them than Romney has
    His point had included his side so I'm not sure which direction you're going with that comment. Combining what Romney spent during the primary I wouldn't be surprised if the amounts spent are almost equal between the two campaigns. People are probably reaching fatigue level.

Default Re: 3rd Presidential debate: focuses on foreign policy, Monday Oct 22th 9:00 pm EST

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    new favorite romney quote of all time

"i love teachers... really, i love teachers and i also want to support the private sector."

If Ol Bob is around come 2016 they should let him be the moderator for all three or so Presidential debates.

Romney just called America "the hope of the earth" ..

Quote Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
    If Ol Bob is around come 2016 they should let him be the moderator for all three or so Presidential debates.
    QFT.

I wish they did more debates. I think they should do 3-4 on each major issue of the time. right now: health care, foreign relations, domestic, education, economy. something like that instead of covering half of those in one night. Then they should do a minor one or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Possibly because he is currently agreeing with so many Obama positions Romney has been far less aggressive than in debates past. That might be a mistake but he may have decided not to engage in a fight in an area that's not one of his strengths (foreign policy).
    So much of our foreign policy is written in stone from decades of dealings unless the moderator asks some real hot topic question it's hard for either side to stand out

Obama shouldn't talk about TV commercials seeing how he's spent a hell of a lot more on them than Romney has
    That's because Romney has more 3rd party money to more than make up the difference.

Independent groups working to elect Republican Mitt Romney have helped him match or even exceed President Barack Obama's TV ad spending in dozens of media markets in battleground states.....

An Associated Press analysis of presidential campaign advertising data from April through last week found that pro-Romney spending has exceeded pro-Obama ad spending by at least $65 million across the nine states expected to decide the election: Colorado, Florida, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Virginia, Iowa and Wisconsin.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    Romney just called America "the hope of the earth" ..

Mitt's favorite movie

Da Mavs

"The President came to attack, The Governor came to agree"

Quote Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
    Mitt's favorite movie

That would raise my opinion of him if it were true.

How did Romney end up talking about food stamps and unemployment in the foreign policy debate?
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 10-22-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    How Romney end up talking about food stamps and unemployment in the foreign policy debate.
    He said avoiding sex before marriage would prevent he spread of Ak-47's. I'm thinking he can tie any two things together.

One question I would have liked to see asked is about the European financial problems we've been watching for a couple years now. Maybe one of those things they bargained off the moderators list

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    He said avoiding sex before marriage would prevent he spread of Ak-47's. I'm thinking he can tie any two things together.
    Yeah. I guess you're right.

I'm a few minutes behind on my DVR. Romney just say he's optimistic about the future. Does anyone believe that? I'm serious about that. Does anyone think Romney's campaign to this point can be characterized by optimism?

One question I would have liked to see asked is about the European financial problems we've been watching for a couple years now. Maybe one of those things they bargained off the moderators list
    I think that would have been a good question to ask too and I think it is tied to our NATO allies ability to stay in Afghanistan as well as their responsibilities with regards to other military actions along side US forces.