Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Can you think of someone more famous than Michael jackson

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    There was a time when Michael Jordan was considered as recognizable/famous as MJ, if not moreso. Not sure if that's still the case, but you know a guy is ridiculously famous when all you need to do is see a logo and you know who it is.
    bet there's a handful of kids rocking jordans that have no idea they are named after the goat.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    There was a time when Michael Jordan was considered as recognizable/famous as MJ, if not moreso. Not sure if that's still the case, but you know a guy is ridiculously famous when all you need to do is see a logo and you know who it is.
    I'm pretty sure, that at least 4-5 years ago, Tiger Woods was the most globally recognizable person.

George W. bush

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Muhammad Ali?
    This.

how bout babe ruth. everybody knows who the babe is.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    how bout babe ruth. everybody knows who the babe is.
    baseball and football (american) are not that popular outside america compared to basketball

Banned

unless you start looking at political figures there probably isn't anyone in entertainment or sports more globally recognisable.

Did someone say the Beatles, lol. More people can name the members of the Jacksons more so than the members of the Beatles. Tito and Jermaine > Ringo and George.

There is no one close to Jackson. Kids born after he died know who Michael Jackson is.

Don't know if there is anyone even close to his popularity. And we're not even talking about 1980s' Michael Jackson, we're talking 2014 MiJac who's been dead going on 5 years.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Did someone say the Beatles, lol. More people can name the members of the Jacksons more so than the members of the Beatles. Tito and Jermaine > Ringo and George.

There is no one close to Jackson. Kids born after he died know who Michael Jackson is.

Don't know if there is anyone even close to his popularity. And we're not even talking about 1980s' Michael Jackson, we're talking 2014 MiJac who's been dead going on 5 years.

more people know the jackson five than the members of the beatles?

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak

more people know the jackson five than the members of the beatles?

I guarantee you more random people can name a member of the J5 over the Beatles.

Random person: Who is a Beatle?
    Random person answer: Um Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, Mick Jagger?

Paul McCartney was a Beatle, wow who knew!

Banned

I guarantee you more random people can name a member of the J5 over the Beatles.

You may be one of the most deluded people I've ever had the misfortune of encountering. Aside from Michael Jackson the jackson five members are in no way anywhere near the level of fame the beatles members have. Hell Ringo still sells out stadiums on his current tours purely based on his fame and time with the beatles. Everyone can name the beatles and I don't think anyone but yourself would be dumb enough to think Clapton, Dylan or Jagger were in the beatles. Seriously the majority of the general public would be surprised to learn that the jackson five songs weren't just michael jackson songs....

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    You may be one of the most deluded people I've ever had the misfortune of encountering. Aside from Michael Jackson the jackson five members are in no way anywhere near the level of fame the beatles members have. Hell Ringo still sells out stadiums on his current tours purely based on his fame and time with the beatles. Everyone can name the beatles and I don't think anyone but yourself would be dumb enough to think Clapton, Dylan or Jagger were in the beatles. Seriously the majority of the general public would be surprised to learn that the jackson five songs weren't just michael jackson songs....
    I said random person, not a person with a somewhat knowledgeable music interest.

The next time you're out, ask a random person who looks like they have no interest in music to name a Beatle, than do the same about a Jackson?

Lol at everyone knows the Beatles but not the J5?

I guess that's how it is for black people in the US. But I sincerely doubt it's how it is for everyone.

With that same logic I could say "Name the Jackson 5" in a random town in the balkans or alps and people might say "Michael!...err Quentin, Jesse, Mark, and Desean?"

Banned

I said random person, not a person with a somewhat knowledgeable music interest.

The next time you're out, ask a random person who looks like they have no interest in music to name a Beatle, than do the same about a Jackson?

Lol at everyone knows the Beatles but not the J5?
    Maybe I'm being harsh because your narrow minded and only know your own city but around the world nobody knows or cares about anyone besides Michael Jackson from the jackson five. Honestly if tito or jermaine (who the ****s jermaine) or any other member (who the **** are the other members?) tried to hold a concert at a stadium they would be laughed out of the place. No one would go. Ringo the beatle who is considered talentless still sells out stadiums all around the world to this day. Hell the average person probably can't even name a jackson five song, I can only think of a couple myself. If it weren't for Michaels later career they would be another random band with a couple of decent songs.

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    I guess that's how it is for black people in the US. But I sincerely doubt it's how it is for everyone.

With that same logic I could say "Name the Jackson 5" in a random town in the balkans or alps and people might say "Michael!...err Quentin, Jesse, Mark, and Desean?"
    Those will probably be some of the answers you get, well besides Quentin and Mark. You'll get a Sam Jackson before those.