Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516
    -primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Lebron just lost major points in my book (and got owned).

Quote Originally Posted by dogfah
    bron = greed

money owns him. what a fool.
    no...he owns money

I am sure Lebron does his share of charity work...and if he doesn't now then he will later on...he is still a kid...when I was his age all I ever thought about was cool cars and girls

he might not ever get to the level of giving tht Marbury has achieved but I don't think anyone in the NBA has

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by PMshooter
    I'm saying clothes and shoes are manufactured in a very specific way that is much different than how electronics or cars are made. That's what I'm getting at. So it's not a good comparison.

Besides, as 14K corrolla will last you 20 years, whereas a 50K Mercedes won't. If you look at the latest consumer reports for autos, there's not a single Mercedes that they recommend. So when you pay more, you're not always paying for QUALITY.

But I don't own Marbury's so I'm not making an actual statement on the shoe. Just the stupidity of saying that paying more equals getting more. It doesn't.

All ball's argument is the most convincing since it's based on actual experience.
    huh?

http://www.automotive.com/new-cars/r...enz/index.html

that is the most popular auto review site on the net...

mercedes, like nike, is for the person that is paying alot extra to have that extra level of comfort...the person that wants to spend as little possible on something reliable would buy a toyota camery...

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Damn.

Local High School Star baudkarma's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Um Brons and Starburs shoes are probally made in the same damn place with the same material.
    Back in 2016, solereview.com published a story where they estimated the production costs of various athletic shoes. Their estimates for Nike ranged from $18 (Nike Free RN 2016) to $34 (Nike Air Zoom Odyssey). That's strictly the cost of materials and production for an individual pair of shoes. It doesn't factor in all of the overhead involved... building or leasing a factory, buying manufacturing equipment, shipping, customs, advertising, insurance. What it means in that Starburys are clearly not made in the same place with the same material, unless Marbury is running a charity.

Starburys are made of inferior material, especially the uppers and the padding. Which is totally cool, it's what people should expect from a $15 shoe. They make perfect sense for a parent who is buying shoes for a kid who's going to outgrow them in 3 months. But they're similar to Converse All-Stars... they're a fashion statement, not a serious athletic shoe.

I'll say this once because I'm a business major. There's a lot more that goes into Nike than you think:

R&D

Google it.