Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Guardians of the Galaxy is out

official release is in a few days but if u buy Amazon Digital version onlly u can watch it now.

its BS tho since the package is a better deal since u get physical and digital for $5~ more, but they make u wait until physical ship date to get the digital. shit is retarded

i'll give Amazon 10/10 for customer service. even have multiples of reps at 5am

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy is out

My dude downloaded a high quality version that looks great like a week ago.

Shit is baller

Banned

People buy digital versions of movies!?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    People buy digital versions of movies!?
    Yup. And digital versions of games. And digital versions of music. And digital versions of software.

Then again, we aren't all broke ass 14 year olds. When I was 14 I didn't buy shit either.

Blu-Ray had been on the net for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Yup. And digital versions of games. And digital versions of music. And digital versions of software.

Then again, we aren't all broke ass 14 year olds. When I was 14 I didn't buy shit either.
    Lol

Banned

Digital versions of games are different. You can't just play an illegal version of a game on consoles. You can easily find a Blu-Ray copy of nearly any movie easily online though.

I like to buy physical DVDs/Blu-Rays/steelbooks as they're nice to have as a part of a collection, and you can easily watch the movie since you have the disk, but buying digitally has practically no benefits over just getting it online.

Digital version has been available to buy for 3 weeks now.

Do you tip people who give out free samples?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ariza4three
    You are so stupid it hurts. If you like a money and want to support the maker but don't want to shell out extra $$$ for a BD you buy the digital version. It's not a hard concept.
    You're a broke nikka with a deadbeat daddy, Jam, don't try to hide behind that alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Digital versions of games are different. You can't just play an illegal version of a game on consoles. You can easily find a Blu-Ray copy of nearly any movie easily online though.

I like to buy physical DVDs/Blu-Rays/steelbooks as they're nice to have as a part of a collection, and you can easily watch the movie since you have the disk, but buying digitally has practically no benefits over just getting it online.
    Having a physical copy and having to store it is viewed as a negative by a lot of people. Thanks to digital versions people are capable of having huge movies collections without having the burden of purchasing shelves to store them, needing the physical space for them, boxing them up and moving them, etc. Plus, TV's can either stream directly from Amazon or connect to your laptop so you don't even need a DVD player if you don't want to buy one.

And like jameer said, some people buy it on principle. If I have the money to buy it...why would I steal it?

You steal it because you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Having a physical copy and having to store it is viewed as a negative by a lot of people. Thanks to digital versions people are capable of having huge movies collections without having the burden of purchasing shelves to store them, needing the physical space for them, boxing them up and moving them, etc. Plus, TV's can either stream directly from Amazon or connect to your laptop so you don't even need a DVD player if you don't want to buy one.

And like jameer said, some people buy it on principle. If I have the money to buy it...why would I steal it?
    Physical copies are quality though, digital are compress shit, might as well just pirate it.

And collections are great when you're young. You have a hobby. They're in a nice wall unit from Crate and Barrel maybe. Look at this shit I spent time collecting! Then you move 4 times in 6 years and you sell every ****ing book, cd, and movie you've ever thought about owning.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    And collections are great when you're young. You have a hobby. They're in a nice wall unit from Crate and Barrel maybe. Look at this shit I spent time collecting! Then you move 4 times in 6 years and you sell every ****ing book, cd, and movie you've ever thought about owning.
    Yeah, I'm kind of getting to that point myself. I have a pretty large book collection and I have moved apartments each of the past 3 years which is really making me reconsider why I don't have a Kindle.