Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: ATTN: CavsFTW and PHILA

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Do you have all the other games?
    Wow, there's a lot that I still don't have, I'm going to have to take inventory - judging by the teams/seasons I'm missing looks like there's a lot of potentially valuable footage I'm missing out on of guys like Nate Thurmond and some other of the lesser known or lesser highlighted players.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Wow, there's a lot that I still don't have, I'm going to have to take inventory - judging by the teams/seasons I'm missing looks like there's a lot of potentially valuable footage I'm missing out on of guys like Nate Thurmond and some other of the lesser known or lesser highlighted players.
    Do you have an account on ihaveplanet.com? You have tons of material already, so it might be easier to trade with guys on there than it was for me. I found a guy who was willing to make a copy fortunately, but most only do exchanges, especially for very rare games.

EDIT: There's no guarantee those are full games, though. There's also audio for a bunch of other games.

Do you have an account on ihaveplanet.com? You have tons of material already, so it might be easier to trade with guys on there than it was for me. I found a guy who was willing to make a copy fortunately, but most only do exchanges, especially for very rare games.

EDIT: There's no guarantee those are full games, though. There's also audio for a bunch of other games.
    The audio I need just as bad as the footage - especially if it is radio broadcasts from local broadcasters - they have SO MUCH more energy and passion in their play by play than say, a Chris Schenkel or Bill Russell on the mic - one of the reasons people have trouble watching footage of that era was the fact that most footage is totally mute, or if it does have commentary it is so much more lackluster compared to today because the national broadcasts on ABC were presented almost like newsreel style with a deliberate lack of energy. If there isn't someone shouting 'OH MYYYY ....(etc)' often an otherwise exciting play will get overlooked. Just the style of the times, but I notice old play by play of Chick Hearn, or that guy who broadcast Wilt's 100 point game, or the guy who broadcast the 1958 St Louis Finals, or the famous Celtics Broadcaster Johnny Most etc etc all have sooooo much more genine excitement and thrill behind their calls and having audio like that can literally make or break a good mix and peoples perception of how good or exciting a player is.
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 12-05-2013 at 06:52 PM.

thank god ive been dying for a new cavsFTW video

do u have any recent photoshop mockups? im dying to know how andre drummond's wingspan stacks up to shaq and wilt

WiltatKansas (now onehundredpoints) was also a great asset to oldschool footage a few years ago but he's been taken down at least twice so he is no longer involved.
    WiltatKansas was banned due to multiple music copyright strikes, for the songs he used on some of the video mixes.

http://www.youtube.com/wiltatkansas

Though his other account was banned due to strikes from the NBA.

http://www.youtube.com/phillydippy5

onehundredpoints
    Some nice videos on this new account.

http://www.youtube.com/user/OneHundredPoints/videos

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by Spaulding
    Why not just PM them? Instead of making a new thread.
    Good call, nobody else on a basketball forum would be interested...

CavsFTW - PMed you the download link. Let me know if there are any problems with it.

Everybody else - I think Cavs said he will upload it as an unlisted video on his YouTube channel once he's downloaded. Stay tuned.
    Last edited by fpliii; 12-05-2013 at 08:47 PM.

CavsFTW - PMed you the download link. Let me know if there are any problems with it.

Everybody else - I think Cavs said he will upload it as a private video on his YouTube channel once he's downloaded. Stay tuned.
    Does "private video" mean that we can watch it if he posts the URL, but it doesn't exist in his YT list?

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    Does "private video" mean that we can watch it if he posts the URL, but it doesn't exist in his YT list?
    unlisted is what he meant to say, and anyone with the link can watch an unlisted video - it just isn't searchable so when I post it just bookmark the link

Sorry for the confusion, edited my post.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

i have the wilt's 100 point game video pm me

Wow just got done watching - put it on the chopping block to get rid of commercials and crop the frame to the appropriate size and it's rendering now should be up tomorrow. Very low resolution but it's a miracle this game even exists.

The game was exciting to watch so I won't spoil anything.

It's really a shame that all those games listed here can't be made available for legal download, like those Hardwood Classics that are available on youtube. I'd gladly pay $1.99 for any or all of them.

I bet CavsFTW is thinking the same thing as me:

Feb 24, 1965 New York Baltimore
    Mar 16, 1966 New York Baltimore

Gus Johnson!!

One available game (4th quarter only) not listed here is that odd Warriors-Sonics game from '67-'68.