Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-08-2010, 03:26 PM   #1
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Urban Meyer stepping down at Florida, again

Quote:
Urban Meyer is stepping down as football coach at Florida, the school's athletic director announced Wednesday.

"I fully grasp the sacrifices my 24/7 profession has demanded of me, and I know it is time to put my focus on my family and life away from the field," Meyer said in a statement.

"I will profoundly miss coming to campus every day to coach this team, but I will always be a Gator at heart."

A news conference was scheduled for 6 p.m. ET on Wednesday.

"It's been an honor and privilege to have Urban Meyer be our football coach for six years," Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley said in a statement. "He has given everything he has to this institution and we are grateful for the experiences."

Meyer will coach his last game for Florida in the Jan. 1 Outback Bowl against Penn State in Tampa.

The Gators, who won two national championships and two Southeastern Conference titles under Meyer, had a disappointing season in 2010, going 7-5 (4-4 SEC).

A 31-7 drubbing at in-state rival Florida State on Nov. 27 gave Florida five regular-season losses for the first time since 1988.

A year ago, Meyer announced he was retiring because of health concerns, only to back away from that a day later and announce he was taking a leave of absence from coaching. He was back to his regular routine before spring practice.

He had been hospitalized with chest pains after the Gators lost to Alabama in last season's Southeastern Conference championship game.

This time he did not mention his health being an issue.

"The decision to step down was a difficult one," Meyer said. "But, after spending more than two decades motivating and celebrating the young men I've been so proud to coach, I relish the opportunity to cheer for my three terrific kids as they compete in their own respective sports."

A three-time national coach of the year, Meyer posted a 64-15 record in six seasons at Florida. He also coached at Utah and Bowling Green.

link
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:56 PM   #2
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Urban Meyer stepping down at Florida, again

I wonder which coaching job he is trying to get for next year.

You think he would take Miami?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:34 PM   #3
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I actually believe him. Miami would not be an upgrade from UF. He won two National Championships with the Gators and would normally be a Contender so long as he was head man for the Gators. They get great recruiting classes and are in a great conference. Florida is one of the elite programs. Miami was elite and could be again with the right guy in charge but that job is no better than the one Meyer has/had at it's best and right now would be a definite downgrade.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #4
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
I wonder which coaching job he is trying to get for next year.

You think he would take Miami?

I seriously doubt he coaches next year.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:01 PM   #5
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
I seriously doubt he coaches next year.

I believe him as far as I can throw him.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:06 PM   #6
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Can't say I'm surprised. People here in Gainesville though are pretty pissed. For the first time were struggling and he decides to jump ship. O well, it is what it is. He was a great coach for us and brought up two National Titles.

With that said, I really, really, really want Dan Mullen back. Steve Addazio better get the can one of these days and bringing back Mullen would bring some much needed stability back to the program.

Get it done Foley!
GatorKid117 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: