Page 56 of 130 FirstFirst ... 6465354555657585966106 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

McAdoo with a good half. But he's no DirKelly.

Well, UNC is definitely peaking at the right time. I was a little too harsh on Roy earlier in the year, which was stupid of me. He clearly knew what he was doing. He probably could've made the switch to the smallball lineup a few games sooner, but he told fans to remain patient.

There's some things Roy has always been deserving of criticism for. However, one thing he always seems to do is having his teams play their best ball in February and March. And, as a fan, that may be my favorite quality any coach can have...to have your team peaking at the right time.

Man, Selection Sunday is on the 17th? I was thinking it was on the 10th. Why is it so late this year?

That was awful from Harris on the last play. He had no idea what to do.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Heartbreaking loss for MSU.

Gary Harris self destructed on us, he played so well until the last minute.

Trey Burke is a stud.

Good news is we shot 36% and only lost by 1

I think Roy may finally "be back" recruiting wise. His 2014 class is off to an excellent start. Got a commitment from 5-star PG Joel Berry about a month ago, and got another commitment from 5-star SF Justin Jackson today.

Supposedly something big is going down in the next two weeks as well. We will see.

The dook game is going to be one of the most important games UNC has played in a while, recruiting wise. Everyone is showing up at the game for their OV or UV. Namely Wiggins, but also Vaughn, Kennard, amongst others.

FSU had their chance. I heard the visit at UK wasn't so great for Wiggins. He's at KU right now as we speak. I'm watching the game between KU and Texas Tech and it's a 63-33 game.. Even I have to admit Phog is probably the best environment in college basketball, so that the game is a blowout against a shitty team helps.

imo, there's nothing like celebrating on Franklin Street after beating dook. A great game and breakfast with Roy could go a long way. Likely still a long shot, tho. However, I think Roy moving to the small ball (which he would have to play again next year if PJ and Reggie return and a Wiggins commitment) might be more influential than some think. That's our wildcard.

oh, anyone watching the UConn-Notre Dame women's game? That one ND girl is pretty cute...
    Last edited by IGotACoolStory; 03-04-2013 at 10:14 PM.

zags oya

-Smak

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    oh, anyone watching the UConn-Notre Dame women's game? That one ND girl is pretty cute...
    Skylar Diggins? That's how we grow em in Indiana, cute girls that will light you up one on one.

Anyway, Gonzaga's #1 obviously. Purdue has more top 25 wins than them, and Purdue'll be lucky to make the NIT. I really wish so much emphasis weren't put on rankings, at least not with this just "welp, vote for you who think's good" formula. I mean I'm sure we all read plenty of college hoops writers and whatnot, they're mostly idiots. That's who decides the rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Skylar Diggins? That's how we grow em in Indiana, cute girls that will light you up one on one.

Anyway, Gonzaga's #1 obviously. Purdue has more top 25 wins than them, and Purdue'll be lucky to make the NIT. I really wish so much emphasis weren't put on rankings, at least not with this just "welp, vote for you who think's good" formula. I mean I'm sure we all read plenty of college hoops writers and whatnot, they're mostly idiots. That's who decides the rankings.
    Yeah, and the whole big name thing. But it's less about wins than it is about losses.

That's why LOSING TO IOWA is unacceptable. I bet looking at the last 2 Illini games, they would have been better off winning at Iowa and losing at OSU( which we will prolly do anyway, but who knows) than the other way around even though OSU just beat indy and has a great team.

Sad shit. But I guess when you come out and lose a game you're supposed to win, people overreact.

Long story short, 2 losses and you're number 1 when everyone else has 4+. I'm happy for them, though, because they have never been number 1. Gotta be great for their team even if they will likely get smashed in the tourney lol.

-Smak

Don't know if we'll beat Duke on Saturday, but just another day at the office tonight for UNC. Go on the road and get a sound win over a desperate Maryland team. Led by double digits most of the second half aside of one quick run where Maryland cut it to 6. UNC pushed it right back to 11 or 12, though, and that was pretty much ballgame.

From an 0-2 start in ACC to play to a 12-5 conference record and 6 straight wins. This season, regardless of how the rest of it plays out, certainly ranks up there among the best of Roy's coaching jobs.

I remember watching early last season and couldn't wait for PJ and Reggie to become our starting wing combo. Of course that was when PJ was hot, and then he went in a ridiculous slump for like the last 85% of the games.

But, oh boy, those two can ball. North Carolina grown kids too! Got to love that.

I'll tell you what... Some team is going to get a very good player late in the first round with Reggie Bullock. This draft or next. The guy almost never makes a mistake (although this game wasn't his prime example) on either end of the floor, pretty talented at the simple pass, deadly spot up shooter, good at freeing himself, never forces a shot, tremendous rebounder, arguably the best defensive player in the ACC, if not one of in the country... All at 6-7 for the SG position.

The list goes on. I just named the obvious stuff. He's truly a throw back Dean Smith type of player, and I love it.