Page 1 of 34 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2k14

Banned

Default NBA 2k14

Da king is finally here.
    Last edited by sc19; 06-06-2013 at 10:15 PM.

Default Re: NBA 2k14

Stern already told them the outcome

Banned

Does he still do the chalk toss?

NBA Superstar

Somewhat bummed to hear Virtual Currency is returning. I at least hope it's tweaked in many areas, such as no longer replacing real money in MyPlayer (tired of signing a 3 year, 3,000 VC contract).

Banned

There's a new mode called Path to Greatness and 2K said it has something to do with LeBron. I think it'll be like the MJ mode in 2K11. Imagine playing with a rookie LeBron or St. Vincent-St. Mary LeBron

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    Stern already told them the outcome
    Yeah that's why 2k13 had Durant.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    There's a new mode called Path to Greatness and 2K said it has something to do with LeBron. I think it'll be like the MJ mode in 2K11. Imagine playing with a rookie LeBron or St. Vincent-St. Mary LeBron
    Then think about in 2010, being able to choose your own Free Agency destination.

I bet it plays exactly like 2K13, which is a shame. I thought 2K12 was as good as 2K11, but then 2K13 played less like a basketball game and more like a pick up game. Something I did like about 2K13 was the amount of historic teams. They need to bring back the proficiencies and historic mode from 2K12 (is this Path to Greatness?), and the draft combine and D-League from 2K11. The CPU (both teammate and opposition) has needed an overhaul for a while, not just a tweak because at times your team is stupid and the opposition are the Monstars. Some things I want them to add are:

-Circumstances having a bigger effect on trades and free agency
    -Multi team trades being viable
    -Ability to put your own face in the game on your player
    -Deeper Association: I want to be able to rename or relocate my franchise if its unpopular. I want to be able to host fan events etc.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    -Deeper Association: I want to be able to rename or relocate my franchise if its unpopular. I want to be able to host fan events etc.
    I'd also like to finances be a bigger part of the Association this time around outside of a simple salary cap.

Big vs. Small market, superstar-related income, varying free agency exceptions per the new CBA, sign-and-trades, more in-depth input from players regarding upcoming free agency.

Stuff like that.

This game would have to be incredible for me to buy something with LeBron's picture on the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    I'd also like to finances be a bigger part of the Association this time around outside of a simple salary cap.

Big vs. Small market, superstar-related income, varying free agency exceptions per the new CBA, sign-and-trades, more in-depth input from players regarding upcoming free agency.

Stuff like that.
    Exactly. I want to be immersed in Association mode. Maybe your superstar has a list of players he'd like me to trade for or sign. The luxury tax needs to be a factor. If you're over the cap in 2K13 it doesn't matter. IRL teams try to avoid being too deep into the luxury tax. Ticket and merchandise sales would be good. 2K should look at the FIFA management mode, or the Football Manager series. I know all of what I've said are major additions but sometimes little things make a difference too. For example the ability to retire a jersey would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    This game would have to be incredible for me to buy something with LeBron's picture on the cover.
    I don't understand people that think like this when it comes to buying a sports game, unless it has their favorite player on the cover. It's not like you buy the game and stare at the cover all the time. This is especially true with 2K, but when I first buy it, it doesn't leave my PS3 for a few months; so the only time I see the cover during that time is while I'm taking it out of the plastic wrapping. After that, I put it back in the drawer next to the TV I play video games on and it's out of sight. And even when I do get a little tired of it, and star going back-and-forth between 2K and another game or two, it's not like I pause for a few minutes to look at the cover.

So again, who the hell cares who's on the cover? I can't imagine that ever being the main or sole reason why I wouldn't buy a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by CanYouDigIt
    Then think about in 2010, being able to choose your own Free Agency destination.
    Imagine a GM sitdown kind of thing, but instead it's an ESPN special, LeBron is wearing a plaid shirt, and you choose the team you want to go to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_osh4gRHXCI

Looks awesome. That LBJ celebration vs Boston is in the game LOL