Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-18-2011, 11:06 AM   #76
Lakerlove420
a LAKER & a DODGER fan

Lakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: *****The state of the Lakers*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Your comment is very fair... from a fan perspective this stinks.. they are not being professional about their craft. But as I have recently read in some articles, those authors claim that if the Lakers win a title, all this will be forgotten... do think they are right?

yes. I do.
we won't forget...but in time yes. and the casual fan will forget and only

remember the champion(ship(?))
Lakerlove420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:20 PM   #77
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I am not so sure that the Lakers will win the championship this year. I think they will lose in the western conference finals.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:37 PM   #78
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
I am not so sure that the Lakers will win the championship this year. I think they will lose in the western conference finals.

That is as good a guess as anyone's... but I am going to keep the faith on this team...

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #79
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
That is as good a guess as anyone's... but I am going to keep the faith on this team...

Well, ideally I believe in this team to win the championship and I have faith that they can do it. Realistically though is different.

Just like 'my head tells me one thing and my heart tells me another thing'. I think you are speaking with your heart. What does your head tell you? Don't feel like both have to be the same though; both can be completely opposite, but nobody will call you out on it if your head and heart tell you 2 different things.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:31 PM   #80
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Well, ideally I believe in this team to win the championship and I have faith that they can do it. Realistically though is different.

one feeds the other... so you cant have it both ways...

Old 02-18-2011, 09:40 PM   #81
bladefd
Good college starter

Quote:
one feeds the other... so you cant have it both ways...

Sure you can. Ideally, your wish and goal is one thing, but you don't think it realistically will happen. Ideally, I want the Lakers to win the championship and I have the faith that they will win it. Realistically, I have a hard time seeing my wish being fulfilled as much as I want to believe in it and as much as I want to see it happen. Hopefully that makes more sense
Old 02-18-2011, 11:09 PM   #82
SoCalMike

Quote:
Sure you can. Ideally, your wish and goal is one thing, but you don't think it realistically will happen. Ideally, I want the Lakers to win the championship and I have the faith that they will win it. Realistically, I have a hard time seeing my wish being fulfilled as much as I want to believe in it and as much as I want to see it happen. Hopefully that makes more sense

we can agree to disagree on this... where your faith lies is often your destiny...

Old 02-19-2011, 12:59 AM   #83
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Just like 'my head tells me one thing and my heart tells me another thing'. I think you are speaking with your heart. What does your head tell you? Don't feel like both have to be the same though; both can be completely opposite, but nobody will call you out on it if your head and heart tell you 2 different things.

Believe me I felt the same way last year. Lakers stunk esp towards the end of the season where they should be super sharp and focussed before the real battle.
Feb 24, lost to Dallas,
3 game losing streak on the on the road vs Miami, that was before James and Bosh, Bobcats and Orlando
Got clobbered by the young OKC.
Lost to a struggling New Orleans and got butchered by the Hawks
Got whacked by the Spurs at home
Lost to Denver,
Lost to Portland at home, 7 days before playoffs
then got clocked by the Clips 4 days before theier first playoff game vs OKC.
Were you that confident last year?
If im not mistaken, Boston also limped through, struggling towards the end of the season, didn't finish with the best record and yet beat out Orlando and Cleveland.
im not saying they will duplicate the feat and beat everybody but with this team you just wouldn't know, I would be more worried if they didn't beat any worthy opponent but beat Boston on the road, beating a good OKC and losing to the hot Spurs by a last second tap in?
If God forbid they lose? there's nothing we can do about it but im done worrying about them.

Last edited by tamaraw08 : 02-19-2011 at 01:04 AM.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:48 AM   #84
bladefd
Good college starter

Quote:
we can agree to disagree on this... where your faith lies is often your destiny...

Understood.

As for the second part, I thought about what you said for a minute. I believe that where your faith lies is not usually your destiny. You can make it your destiny if you really work towards it, but even then you could be bound by limitations. I could probably use my own life as an example to what I say, but nobody would believe me and I don't talk about it. I have faith in myself that I can make something out of my life, but there are limitations stopping me from fulfilling what my own wish/hope is in what I want out of my life. Most people out there are at an advantage before I even start. Ultimately, reality will catch up from behind before I can work on my ideal. Puzzle/riddle there to think about as it pertains to the NBA. Might seem like a fool's ramblings, but I could explain it better tomorrow.

Tamaraw - Lets put it this way.. I was a lot more confident that the Lakers were going to win the whole deal last year than this. The only team that made me nervous was Portland because we couldn't win at Portland no matter what we did, and I felt like Portland could steal one in LA if it came down to it; then again my head told me that Portland was young team with no playoff experience. I was a lot more confident when we faced the Magic the year before. I was even more confident when we faced the Celtics the year before (that year didn't turn out how I expected it to).
Old 02-19-2011, 09:44 AM   #85
SoCalMike

wow blade... im gonna let this go... you win... lol

Old 02-19-2011, 02:57 PM   #86
bladefd
Good college starter

Quote:
wow blade... im gonna let this go... you win... lol

It has nothing to do with winning or losing. I'd rather lose every argument as long as the other person understands what I'm ultimately saying.

You probably don't want to hear this, but ideality and reality are two separate entities. It's a long-standing philosophical viewpoint that is often debated but the overall concept remains fairly consistent.

Quote:
1. Idealism causes you to see things in a very hopeful manner, shaping situations with your own ideas. Realism, on the other hand, causes one to assess a situation as it is, without overt emotional involvement.

2. Idealists tend to be more positive when compared to realists, in how they perceive things and carry out tasks.

3. When making decisions, realists are more goal oriented and thorough than idealists, who may have lofty ambitions, but lack the clarity and focus to put them into action in an achievable way.

http://www.differencebetween.net/mis...m-and-realism/

That's why with idealism, you are essentially listening to your heart and with realism, you listen to your mind. There, that's the explanation I promised yesterday. Remember though, we both want the same thing. A Laker Championship.

Last edited by bladefd : 02-19-2011 at 03:00 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: