Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Default Re: MJ: Kobe is the greatest player since me

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    Who would you say are the top 25 players of all time?

I always end up leaving or forgetting a great player, and I haven't really seen all of them play in their primes. Some players are hard to judge by looking at YouTube clips, while you can get a good sense of how dominant some were based on the clips.... specially Centers.

So I really don't have an official list OFFICIAL list. And it changes all the time as well, so why really make one.

I do have Kobe hovering around 15-20 tho.

Too much to get into it right now.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Hey Jordan, this guy was a lot better than Kobe ever was.

Don't forget that he was challening MJ for the best player in the league title during Jordan's last year or 2 with the Bulls, but injuries prevented it from really being a debate. Hell prime Shaq is closer to Jordan's level than he is to Kobe's level. I think Loki even said that Shaq's prime is up there with Jordan's.

And Duncan had a better peak than Kobe and a better career. Lets see Kobe carry the 2003 Spurs to a championship and have a near quadruple double in the clinching game.

I like Kobe, but he sometimes gets ridiculously overrated. He seriously doesn't even have an argument for best player of the post Jordan era.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Yeah, I'm sure if they had witnessed Shaq dropping 40/20 games in the playoffs, backing down top defenders and dunking on them like it was nothing, using his great black tornado spin move, make consistently good, sometimes great passes, blocking shots and scaring everyone away from the paint and dominating the boards then I'm sure it'd be obvious to them that Shaq was a lot better than Kobe. I can't believe some people are either so young or have such a bad memory that they've forgotten about how Shaq tore apart the league.
    Some more great posts from you. I really think Shaq is the most unappreciated player of all time. People have forgotten that for the most part, throughout his career, Shaq + Team = Championship contender.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose

Personally, I'd have Kobe at 2 with Shaq/Duncan at 1a/1b but I'm saying Kobe has a good case.
    luckily for Kobe he has enought years to surpass them, since Shaq & Tim are done as far as being able to lead their team to championships.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    I do have Kobe hovering around 15-20 tho.

15-20?

As far as Shaq being underrated, I don't think so. If all-time lists were purely based on dominance he'd be top 2 but they aren't. So right around 6-7 is a great spot for him.

I don't think that was Jordan in the interview. But even if it was him he clearly said GREATEST not best! so I don't know why all you haters are getting all worked up. Greatest and Best are 2 different words. I can see him saying "Shaq/Duncan were the best players since him. But Greatest? we're yet to see.

No video. But sounds like that fake Jordan radio interview on yutube. Doesn't like Jordan at all. For example, even if he felt it, Jordan wouldn't say something that sounded like an ignorant fanboy like, "Lebron will be done be done in 6 six years." And from past interviews he doesn't rank players, always using the different era excuse to avoid the subject.