Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Chamberlain trying to beat the shotclock! (video)

god damn check out how smooth kobe is!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWgfx-bXsg4

Come on, you're going to act like he didn't have range and couldn't be clutch??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCWrGWuU2Ak

Everyone derp's out at one point or another in their career...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB43A-ODuLc&feature=plcp

3:20

Are you jlauber son ? I mean, you could be. It could fit.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    LOL, a peak Hakeem would mop the floor with Stilt. http://y2u.be/GA_EIVfE8ak

LOL what a joke. I'd really like to see the undersized hakeem stop someone whose as athletic asShaq, longer than Yao Ming and has 15/16 foot range....

Old Kareem was capable of lighting up Hakeem, and kareem was never able to light up the same competition Wilt faced past there primes to the same extent and you think Hakeem would mop the floor with him? Lulz....Luttuce be real, legends are elgends and they would do great against each other but I think it's clear who i give the edge to on this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhXzPvmCfVI&feature=plcp

Quote Originally Posted by Punpun
    Are you jlauber son ? I mean, you could be. It could fit.
    Haha! You're hilarious. You must be one of the more respected posters on this site!!! 3,548 posts and 2 green reps...Damn son!

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Millwad - your trying to hate on Jlauber - great, but its pissing me off every time you carelessly throw former players (and an entire NBA era) under the bus. I don't know whether your banking on the fact that there is barely any film of that era to back up stupid demands like "Show me Calvin Murphy dunking!" (which is unfair). Or if your just genuinely convinced guys back then weren't athletic enough to dunk or finish left handed layups? (Which is just plain dumb).

Can't you read?
    I wrote, in game dunk, he claimed that Calvin Murphy was just as athletic like KJ and that he could dunk like KJ. There's nothing to back up a statement like that, the footage is damn limited when it comes to Murphy but you don't have to be a genius to know that Calvin was no where close to the dunker KJ was nor as athletic. You guys are great with them articles, if Calvin was a dunker of KJ's ability then it would be EVERYWHERE.

And players back then were way less athletic than the average modern era player, it's a fact. Or maybe you like to believe all those hoax stories where old players recall how great they were..

There was a reason why a majority of the players were playing under the rim.

And I find it ridiculous that you're here now and acting all upset because you felt that I'm belittling former players and era's. I'll tell you why.

Where are you every time Jlauber writes pure nonsense essays about how amazing the 60's were and that they were more skilled than the modern era etc? Where are you every time Jlauber spams about how Olajuwon who is an all-time great ain't good at anything and is a horrible defender etc? Where are you every time Jlauber uses shitty sources like your mistyped youtube-comments just to hype up his beloved Wilt while he trashes all the other players from other era's? He has bashed every single era which Wilt wasn't a part of and still you never said shit..

You're just being a hypocrite now, my friend, as long as it fits your agenda and your bias you don't care. Although Jlauber has wrote so much crap about every era Wilt didn't play in you never tried to correct him or call him out for it. You've never written that his his essays of bashing modern era players are pissing you off but as soon as it's your own era you're the first one to act all upset and take the side of Jlauber.. Why didn't you confront Jlauber about how Hakeem wasn't a defensive anchor?

Instead of sending me PM's about Jlauber and instead of making videos where you mock Jlauber like this one; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmHJuifYlbY

Man up some if you really believe that some posters are underrating other era's and players which Jlaubber is doing constantly, and considering how many of his posts you've read and never confronted, it makes you a biased coward.

You know I like you as a poster and you know that I admire your amazing work with all your videos but come on, you can't be for real now..

There isn't a single Calvin Murphy game on film. Not one. Might as well say "show me film of him scratching his balls cause I don't believe he had any!". I combed my entire archive and found a grand total 1 minutes of footage of the guy. And what are the odds. He dunks in that footage. If A guy has 1 minute of footage to his name and in that 1 minute has a clip of him dunking... chances are it was no freak accident. Chances are, he's a dunker.
    I never said he wasn't a dunker for god sake, Jlauber claimed he was just as athletic and good as a dunker as KJ which is nonsense. You've NEVER heard about Murphy posterizing a GOAT candidate shotblocker in Olajuwon and if he would it would be everywhere on the net.

[/QUOTE]

This is getting silly, I never wrote that Calvin couldn't dunk, I wrote that Jlauber was more than welcome to post a in game dunk of Calvin. I asked him to mention any guard who could do the stuff KJ was doing a la huge facials on 6'10 centers and he copied an article about Calvin Murphy. Instead of getting butthurt at me, go to your beloved Jlauber and ask him why he just made a comparison between Calvin and KJ when it comes to dunks.

But I must tell you, I loved that clip, "E", Tomjanovich and Murphy in the same video is just amazing, thanks for the clip.

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    Haha! You're hilarious. You must be one of the more respected posters on this site!!! 3,548 posts and 2 green reps...Damn son!
    Why are you being passive-agressive ? There was no animosity in my post. But yes, I probably am.

Quote Originally Posted by Punpun
    Why are you being passive-agressive ? There was no animosity in my post. But yes, I probably am.
    Well if you weren't trying to start anything my bad...But, you have trolled every single post about wilt that I can remember so can you blame me for reacting? haha. I'm not being serious in any of my posts/ "replies btw...I don't take this site or basketball THAT seriously

NBA rookie of the year

LOL what a joke. I'd really like to see the undersized hakeem stop someone whose as athletic asShaq, longer than Yao Ming and has 15/16 foot range....

Old Kareem was capable of lighting up Hakeem, and kareem was never able to light up the same competition Wilt faced past there primes to the same extent and you think Hakeem would mop the floor with him? Lulz....Luttuce be real, legends are elgends and they would do great against each other but I think it's clear who i give the edge to on this

OK, Jlauber junior.

Old Kareem lit up a rookie and 2nd year pro Olajuwon, the same 2nd pro Olajuwon busted Kareem's ass in the same playoffs and lead his Rockets to the finals.

And Olajuwon was no where near his prime as a rookie and a 2nd year pro..

And yeah, I think Olajuwon would mop the floor with Wilt, no doubt and he'd mop the floor with Russell as well.

And I find it hilarious that you're copying all Jlauber's arguments and redoing them in worse versions...
    Last edited by millwad; 08-18-2012 at 02:41 PM.

Good college starter

Hakeem would have done the same thing he did against the Admiral against Wilt. He will shake and bake him to death. And if it goes to game 7, it's clear who will rise to the occasion.

Good High School Starter

Came in here expecting to Lmao, left a little disappointed.

EDIT: Nvm, reading responses
    Last edited by BuGzBuNNy; 08-18-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Banned

Now you guys know why everyone is saying McGee will embarrass Wilt 1v1.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    Hakeem would have done the same thing he did against the Admiral against Wilt. He will shake and bake him to death. And if it goes to game 7, it's clear who will rise to the occasion.

"Did you see Robinson fall for every fake?" Chamberlain told the San Francisco Chronicle. "How do you do that, especially when you know Hakeem likes to fake?"

"All that faking Hakeem does, if you're Bill Russell or Wilt Chamberlain or Nate Thurmond, that **** don't mean nothin'. You just don't leave your deer. You would see Robinson fall for every god-damn fake, and Hakeem would dip around or under him for an easy basket."

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by PHILA

"Did you see Robinson fall for every fake?" Chamberlain told the San Francisco Chronicle. "How do you do that, especially when you know Hakeem likes to fake?"

"All that faking Hakeem does, if you're Bill Russell or Wilt Chamberlain or Nate Thurmond, that **** don't mean nothin'. You just don't leave your deer. You would see Robinson fall for every god-damn fake, and Hakeem would dip around or under him for an easy basket."

I bet Wilt said the same thing the season when Kareem averaged 40 points on 50% shooting on Wilt himself..

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    OK, Jlauber junior.

Old Kareem lit up a rookie and 2nd year pro Olajuwon, the same 2nd pro Olajuwon busted Kareem's ass in the same playoffs and lead his Rockets to the finals.

And Olajuwon was no where near his prime as a rookie and a 2nd year pro..

And yeah, I think Olajuwon would mop the floor with Wilt, no doubt and he'd mop the floor with Russell as well.

And I find it hilarious that you're copying all Jlauber's arguments and redoing them in worse versions...

Hakeem would NOT mop the floor with wilt or Russell IMO, but I'm not going to waste my time trying to change someone else's opinion. As Good as Hakeem was I just personally think he'd have a harder time stopping Wilt than Vice Versa...Wilt hardly ever fell for ball fakes...but, Im also not saying that Hakeem wouldn't ever best Chamberlain because Hakeem WAS a beast himself. So arguing will get us no where haha

I'm not copying Jlauber just because we can make the same connective argument. Unlike him, I try to keep it as short as possible because LONG ass paragraphs are an eyesore...Write something long explaining my point of view "JLAUBER 2!" Try to keep it short as possible " SPECIAL ED JLAUBER!!"

:)

I do respect your opinion, I just disagree with it

You wanna talk about undersized? Wilt dominated players half his size, strength and ability.

What you guys need to think about (rather than looking at stats) is what a monster Wilt was....back then. In that era, seven footers were unheard of. Uncoordinated freaks even. Wilt was a different animal. People would look at a guy his size and think to themselves, "Wow, this guy isn't made for sports; he would be PERFECT for a circus."

Wilt had such a crazy level of athleticism (with less training-methods than later athletes had), looking back, you can't say you weren't impressed.
    Last edited by kuniva_dAMiGhTy; 08-18-2012 at 03:02 PM.