Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-08-2007, 06:05 PM   #16
College superstar
Default Re: Why has Gasol talk taken a halt?

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I don't disagree with your assessment on Zach,

However you have to look at these points (made by LakersDynasty the other day)

How many forwards do you know that can average 24/10 on a regular basis?
Zach Randolph causes the most matchup problems because of his heavy weight. He uses that to his advantage. His jumpshot isn't exactly trash either. His shot is money from 18 feet away and can also hit the occasional three. Either way most of his work is done in the paint.

While people are afraid Duncan and Amare will go off on us if we had Zach, he would be giving them the same problems as he can score on anybody period!

The way to solve the defense problem, is by signing a defensive minded center. A big body, someone that can rough up forwards.

Also keep in mind we wont play Duncan and Amare every game...Even when we do play them with kwame and LO, they still do very well against us.

other big namers in this league that aren't that good defensivly but are major impact players would be Carlos Boozer, Amare, JO (JO is a good help defender but not man to man).

So we wont have much problems with Zach Randolph.

More importantly, this trade that Cool proposed allows us to keep Odom.

A lineup of:

Jarret Jack
Kobe Bryant
Lamar Odom
Zach Randolph
???? at center

thats already a kick ass lineup!!!!

I hear brendan Haywood wants a trade. What about Magloire? There are many ways to bring in a good defensive center.

One more point,

When Kobe gets double teamed, just imagine how many points in the paint we will get from Zach. Just amazing to think of.

Great assesment of the trade and of the players Lakerfreak. I totally agree with you, and this trade should be considered when dealing with any team I think. Cause this might be one of the only trades out there that isnt a big risk. Cause when trading for JO his health concerns are a risk, nothing wrong with KG but we might have to give half our team and more for him. So you have to look at things realistically and all your possiblities.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: