Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Dwight Howard may be resisting a trade to the Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Sorry, I'd take Bynum over that package anyday. Get a clue
    Doesn't mean Orlando would.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
    Booz, Deng, Asik and that charlotte pick I believe.

That's a better deal than Bynum
    Not really. That pick is protected for quite a while. You might as well say Lakers throw in their 2018 pick or something (which would be around when Kobe retires). This deal is basically Deng and Asik for Dwight cause Boozer is def not long term. Honestly, I'de rather take my chances w/ free agency and hope to land a couple ppl than take this trade. Bynum >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    . Bynum >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> this.
    No, Bynum's potential is this, but Bynum this season hasn't been and has been below expectations. Basically, taking in Bynum would be taking the risk of whether or not he pans out. And it seems Orlando didn't want to take the risk, and go with consistency.

Just so people know this is what the Charlotte pick is believed to look like (it was never actually released, at least it wasn't a few months ago): top 14 protected in 2012, top 12 protected in 2013, top 10 protected in 2014, top 8 protected in 2015, unprotected in 2016.

Can't believe the we're going to watch a superstar leave a 50-win team.

We're going to have the best C and PG in the league on one team.

And the best SG and SF on another.

This is not good for the league gentleman.

[QUOTE]Chris Mannix ‏ @ChrisMannixSI Reply Retweet Favorite

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Howard is such a clown.
    If this is true

No, Bynum's potential is this, but Bynum this season hasn't been and has been below expectations. Basically, taking in Bynum would be taking the risk of whether or not he pans out. And it seems Orlando didn't want to take the risk, and go with consistency.
    Honestly, he's past this point. While he is not at his peak yet, it's not like he's producing $hit numbers. He's averaging 17/12.5/2! Even his "offgames" he gets around 14/8/1 (still better than almost all the centers in the league)...hardly what I would call inconsistent. Especially when his big games look almost identical to Dwights (which is saying a lot).

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde
    Doesn't mean Orlando would.
    Who knows what Orlando will do? No one. Not me, not you. So what are we left with? Oh, arguing what package we feel is better. Bynum > Bulls "reported" package.

Why wouldnt Orlando welcome back a young big man prospect who isnt the defender Dwight is, but is a much better offensive player than Dwight? If anything L.A would be the one reluctant to make a deal if they love Bynum. Yeah Orlando wouldnt want Bynum, they'd love f*cking Carlos Boozer and a backup Asik. GTFOH

Honestly, he's past this point. While he is not at his peak yet, it's not like he's producing $hit numbers. He's averaging 17/12.5/2! Even his "offgames" he gets around 14/8/1 (still better than almost all the centers in the league)...hardly what I would call inconsistent. Especially when his big games look almost identical to Dwights (which is saying a lot).
    The thing is a the Lakers will not give up Pau Gasol which is the only way Orlando can give up Turk. I know Deng and Booz both have long deals with the same amount of money but both players are significantly better then Turkoglu and Asik is very high on other teams desired players list (Golden State, Cleveland and Houston to name some).
    It is possible that Orlando also does not like Bynum's unreliable knees. Booz and Deng have been injured, but not in the same exact area every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Who knows what Orlando will do? No one. Not me, not you. So what are we left with? Oh, arguing what package we feel is better. Bynum > Bulls "reported" package.

Why wouldnt Orlando welcome back a young big man prospect who isnt the defender Dwight is, but is a much better offensive player than Dwight? If anything L.A would be the one reluctant to make a deal if they love Bynum. Yeah Orlando wouldnt want Bynum, they'd love f*cking Carlos Boozer and a backup Asik. GTFOH
    Just answered part of your post above. And yes, we do know what Orlando wants. There has been multiple reports saying they want Pau AND Bynum. If they just wanted Bynum that trade would have happened already. Get with the program GOBB.

That's all good and fine but Orlando will suck very badly if they pick Deng over Bynum. Who knows, maybe that's their plan. Maybe they want to start tanking. Just saying, it's an absolutely awful deal for Orlando...everything Gobb is saying is correct. You have to be out of your mind to take the Bulls package.

That's all good and fine but Orlando will suck very badly if they pick Deng over Bynum. Who knows, maybe that's their plan. Maybe they want to start tanking. Just saying, it's an absolutely awful deal for Orlando...everything Gobb is saying is correct. You have to be out of your mind to take the Bulls package.
    They would suck very badly when Bynum inevitably has another knee injury too.

Banned

Not if you're someone who's thinking about Bynum's legs...which I'm sure Orlando has. They've had a the benefit of having a C who's been in pretty good health during his time there. With Bynum, I'm sure they've taken notice to his injury problems, like Pharcyde said, in the SAME KNEE. We aren't even guaranteed we'll have Bynum for 5-10 more years honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde
    The thing is a the Lakers will not give up Pau Gasol which is the only way Orlando can give up Turk. I know Deng and Booz both have long deals with the same amount of money but both players are significantly better then Turkoglu and Asik is very high on other teams desired players list (Golden State, Cleveland and Houston to name some).
    It is possible that Orlando also does not like Bynum's unreliable knees. Booz and Deng have been injured, but not in the same exact area every single time.

Just answered part of your post above. And yes, we do know what Orlando wants. There has been multiple reports saying they want Pau AND Bynum. If they just wanted Bynum that trade would have happened already. Get with the program GOBB.
    I think in the beginning they wanted Gasol & Bynum, but with the trade deadline a few days away and Bynum progressing as the season progresses? I would think they'd be glad with getting Bynum in exchange for Howard by now. I really just think Howard refuses to sign an extension with the Lakers. Only explanation. Either that or Otis is not trading Dwight and taking a gamble.

Not if you're someone who's thinking about Bynum's legs...which I'm sure Orlando has. They've had a the benefit of having a C who's been in pretty good health during his time there. With Bynum, I'm sure they've taken notice to his injury problems, like Pharcyde said, in the SAME KNEE. We aren't even guaranteed we'll have Bynum for 5-10 more years honestly.
    If Bynum is available you have to make the trade if you are the Magic. You just have to. After that you have a couple options. You see how he does next season before you give him an extension all the while fielding trade offers for him.