Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 11-22-2007, 09:30 PM   #1
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Default So who has to go????

..... we all know Jerome James, most feel Marbury, Zeke but I think one of the bigs has to go as well.

EC or ZR? which has to go. They are both black holes in the middle and cant pass out of dbl trpl teams. I will say this when they run ISO's for ZR there is no real outlet for him to pass the ball to and the other Knicks are standing around.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:21 PM   #2
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Default Re: So who has to go????

I think Curry and Z Bo can co-exist if we had a real field general. A PG who knows how to do the job. That's why i say put Collins in there and tell him to take charge and run the ball club on the court. Nate can't do it because he thinks shot first, same for Crawford. Marbury can't do it because he just doesn't think.

Z Bo is a great player and has a great all around game, he's a gym rat and knows what he's doing on the floor. Curry is half way there and with the right PG and coach will make it all the way. He needs direction and more coaching but he wants to do it, it takes time.

We also have some other players who need time on the court to develop their game. Were not going to win with the veterans we have and we need to play the younger players to develop them and see if they are for real and what their future roll is with the team.

These are things Isiah should be doing and is not because he's under pressure from Dolan. We have a lot of talent and a strong nucleus but poor management and direction on and off the floor.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 12:37 AM   #3
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

I think a new coach and GM would breathe some new life into the team. They need new plays and new training regimes. They've been too complacent with Zeke. I would want more. Zeke's reign as coach/GM is a dead one. It's just a matter of time until it's buried.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 09:32 AM   #4
KnicksFanInDal
Saw a basketball once

#1 Dolan.. otherwise, the Knicks will have the same incompetence at the top.

#2 Head coach. The coaching staff does not seem to be doing a good job.

#3 GM to get the right pieces moving forward.

#4 Jerome James

The rest of the players are not "must get rid of"s.

Most players that are playing bad just need a coach to manage them, know their skill set, and play them when their skills are needed.
KnicksFanInDal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 11:59 AM   #5
knickstars
Saw a basketball once

In an ideal world I'd like to see an infusion of new blood at the top. I doubt the team will sell... so...

Someone with a proven track record of turning things around - a theatrical and involved managment - with visable faces and accountability. It would be nice to see their faces in the crowd amongst the fans... let them take the heat first. A management not afraid to get infront of the camera.

While I am not excited about a trio of Curry, Randolph and Starbury - they are professionals and they are capable of playing better.

If I had to start getting rid of players... I think I'd get rid of Curry first. Nice guy... but seriously... the guy plays with even less enthusiasm than a Genesis reunion concert.

Starbury has had ample time to get his act together and like a dog believes that you are coming through the door at any moment, I believed that Starbury was going to come into new york on fire... It's where he always wanted to be! He was going to re-establish himself as a premier player... Instead, he came back like "new coke" tasting like bad pepsi. A weaker immitation of the person he was out west.

...and lastly Isiah... Yeah, I am one of those guys that loved Isiah as a player... he typified what new york now needs on the court... if he is truly responsible for this team... then he should go... or explain himself better... but when a grand city like new york can't attract elite coaches and players - then you have to look to the top... anyone else notice how van gundy lost those bags under his eyes when he left NY?

I see little hope on the horizion - there doesn't seem to be any ill-tempered cancers on other teams that we could get a mega deal on to distract us from the carnage...

Like many here have said... we may need to build from the ground up.
knickstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 02:53 PM   #6
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Fire James Dolan and get rid of Isiah Thomas.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:05 PM   #7
Rameek
Krust Kingz

I am getting a really funny feeling one of these bigs could be used as a package for someone...
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:08 PM   #8
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

There is a possibility Phil Jackson could be our head coach next year. They can kick Isiah back upstairs and just get what Jackson wants.

Or it could be Mullin as GM and get another coach.

I think we need to do something eventually. This isn't working, I'm sick of the drama.

We have too much talent to be a bad team. I'm not saying championship material, but at least playoffs.

I really feel IF we had a good coach and a more capable pure PG we would be a juggernaut in this division with big men like Curry, Z Bo, Lee, Balkman, Jefferies, Morris and Chandler. Very few teams can match that in my opinion. I just don't feel Isiah is using them correctly and getting the best out of them. That's a lot of talent and potential there. Some of them he isn't even using Is he saying they stink? Is that why he doesn't play Morris and Chandler at all? Did he get these guys to sit on the bench? Is he saying he made a mistake signing them? We would have never know about Collins and Balkman if it weren't for injuries.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:12 AM   #9
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

everyone wants to blame Steph but our "big acquisition" hasn't played any defense and has had back to back 5+ turnover games at the pf posotion. I'm not saying he needs o go but damn. Everytime something goes wrong we can't blame Steph. If we cut him we'd still suck. We'd actually be way worse. The fact of the matter is we are basically making this Eddy Curry's team and he's fatter than I've ever seen him look and he still doesnt give the least bit of effort on D.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 04:23 AM   #10
spree8149
Learning to shoot layups

between ec and zbo i say curry. we aint gonna get anywhere with his defense and i think isiah has realized that and reduced his minutes lately. atleast zbo rebounds and isnt as dumb as curry. replace him with a shot blocking, defensive center.
spree8149 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: