Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default 08-10 Odom vs 12-14 Bosh

Playoffs

Odom - 12 points 8 rebounds 3 assists

Bosh - 13 points 6 rebounds 1 assist

Discuss

Default Re: 08-10 Odom vs 12-14 Bosh

Bosh is a far player, but I'll say something in regards to him being a first/second/third option...
    He isn't cut out to be a first or second option. In my honest opinion, this guy is a third option type. I don't mean that in a negative way, but I believe he is best utilized in that role. Or somewhat as a dummy second option.

I think there is a thread on here where I absolutely rip into the idea of Bosh joining the Heat, due to him being soft, not rebounding, etc, prior to actually coming here and joining the big 3. A lot of what I said still stands true, but I guess I appreciate that he came here. Just from my point of view as a big man, he should play tougher/harder and less finesse. Bosh has that long frame and is quick as hell for a guy his size, yet he always feigns away from contact. Dude should be playing hard out like Kemp, Davis, Cliff Robinson, etc used to play.

Always thought he was overrated, but appreciate the skills he brings out the court after getting to watch him play the last 4 years on the Heat. Saying that though, he is a better player than Odom. In a completely different tier.
    Odom is a gone and forgotten player at the end of the day. Someone you might occasionally bring up, like a Jim Jackson, like "yeah, he was pretty damn good. What happened to him though?" kinda guy.

Lamar Odom could very well be as valuable as Bosh was to Miami, but definitely not better.

What I mean by "valuable" is this: his versatility gave LA a lot of mis-match opportunities. He had one of the better utility ratings when it came to rebounds; he could handle the ball when Kobe/Fish were on the bench; he could hit the mid-range shot and the occasional 3 point shot. He was good at penetrating and good off-the-ball.

However, he was extremely inconsistent too.
    Chris Bosh is just a more talented player. He was a legit #1 option for Toronto, something Odom has never done (and never could, he just does not possess that trait). He was a terrific 3rd option on a championship team.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Bosh is a far player, but I'll say something in regards to him being a first/second/third option...
    He isn't cut out to be a first or second option. In my honest opinion, this guy is a third option type. I don't mean that in a negative way, but I believe he is best utilized in that role. Or somewhat as a dummy second option.

I think there is a thread on here where I absolutely rip into the idea of Bosh joining the Heat, due to him being soft, not rebounding, etc, prior to actually coming here and joining the big 3. A lot of what I said still stands true, but I guess I appreciate that he came here. Just from my point of view as a big man, he should play tougher/harder and less finesse. Bosh has that long frame and is quick as hell for a guy his size, yet he always feigns away from contact. Dude should be playing hard out like Kemp, Davis, Cliff Robinson, etc used to play.

Always thought he was overrated, but appreciate the skills he brings out the court after getting to watch him play the last 4 years on the Heat. Saying that though, he is a better player than Odom. In a completely different tier.
    Odom is a gone and forgotten player at the end of the day. Someone you might occasionally bring up, like a Jim Jackson, like "yeah, he was pretty damn good. What happened to him though?" kinda guy.
    Chris Bosh as the first option

[CODE]<PRE>
    Season Age Tm Lg Pos G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
    2009-10 25 TOR NBA C 70 70 36.1 8.6 16.5 .518 0.1 0.3 .364 8.5 16.2 .521 .522 6.7 8.4 .797 2.9 7.9 10.8 2.4 0.6 1.0 2.4 2.4 24.0
    </PRE>[/CODE]

Averaging 24 and 10 isn't first option worthy , you're right.

Odom played with a guy that makes his teammates better

Bosh played with a cancer

No suprise that Odom was smoking crack and out of the league 1 year after he left his leader.

Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann
    Odom played with a guy that makes his teammates better

Bosh played with a cancer

No suprise that Odom was smoking crack and out of the league 1 year after he left his leader.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

how exactly would odom have fit on those heat teams? A versatile ball handler who needs to play himself into a rythym, very good rebounder post finisher.. with Lebron and Wade pounding the rock and relying so much on spacing to get their lanes open.

Odom would've been Michael beasely if he was on the Heat.. and Bosh's in between game would flourish with LA in the triangle.

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Chris Bosh as the first option

[CODE]<PRE>
    Season Age Tm Lg Pos G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
    2009-10 25 TOR NBA C 70 70 36.1 8.6 16.5 .518 0.1 0.3 .364 8.5 16.2 .521 .522 6.7 8.4 .797 2.9 7.9 10.8 2.4 0.6 1.0 2.4 2.4 24.0
    </PRE>[/CODE]
    See that just implies that he was as good as Anthony Davis was this last season... and I can tell with my own eyes that he wasn't close.
    It implies that Bosh was in line with Tim Duncan's best years.

Bosh might have put up some stats in Toronto, but at the end of the day, he plays basketball the wrong way considering he is a big guy. Aldridge did it too, but he is better now since he gets inside and grabs boards and plays physical. But these guys both used to play soft, lazy, and too prissy basketball for big men. They seemed to have been taught all the wrong things.
    Bosh is undoubtably one of the worst big men I have seen at keeping the ball high and going back up after grabbing a rebound. Firstly because he doesn't grab too many offensive ones, but when he does, it goes straight to the hip...

Bosh is actually one of the most frustrating, but at times, most rewarding players I've ever watched. You seem him start doing something right, and you think it is going to be a constant, and then it goes away.
    Funnily enough, whenever he played the Lakers and went up against Bynum and Gasol, he played perfect ball. I always wished he kept playing like that throughout the season.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst

You know hes talkin bout gasol, right??

Local High School Star Achilleas's Avatar

for the third role on the team odom is better fit than bosh, bosh is like kevin love ,playing in bad team as superstars and only care to shoot

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    You know hes talkin bout gasol, right??
    Gasol and Mario Chalmers, yeah.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    See that just implies that he was as good as Anthony Davis was this last season... and I can tell with my own eyes that he wasn't close.
    It implies that Bosh was in line with Tim Duncan's best years.

Bosh might have put up some stats in Toronto, but at the end of the day, he plays basketball the wrong way considering he is a big guy. Aldridge did it too, but he is better now since he gets inside and grabs boards and plays physical. But these guys both used to play soft, lazy, and too prissy basketball for big men. They seemed to have been taught all the wrong things.
    Bosh is undoubtably one of the worst big men I have seen at keeping the ball high and going back up after grabbing a rebound. Firstly because he doesn't grab too many offensive ones, but when he does, it goes straight to the hip...

Bosh is actually one of the most frustrating, but at times, most rewarding players I've ever watched. You seem him start doing something right, and you think it is going to be a constant, and then it goes away.
    Funnily enough, whenever he played the Lakers and went up against Bynum and Gasol, he played perfect ball. I always wished he kept playing like that throughout the season.
    Basically , you're talking out of your ass , like always. If Bosh isn't first option material dropping numbers like that, neither is Lebron or Wade.

Odom was a better type of player to be a 3rd option. Bosh clearly was a better type of player to be a 1st or 2nd option.

Local High School Star Dr Seuss's Avatar

and bosh's stats last season as a 2nd option. 21/7/2

the guy is a legit nba 1st and 2nd option. relegating players like him to a 3rd option with 50% less touches, in an offense that doesnt suit his play style is going to hurt his production... how shocking

Bosh "could" be a first option, but you're a first round exit at best with him as your franchise player. Dude has missed the playoffs 6/8 seasons he's played without LeBron, in the "worst conference of all time" to boot. He's better suited as a second option a la Gasol