Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #16
Cali Syndicate
Decent college freshman

Cali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Steph Curry clowning the Bobcats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash
And isn't that his dad commentating?

Yup.
Cali Syndicate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #17
Legends66NBA7
The Edge

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've been rooting for Curry for the longest time. I loved when his dad was with the Raptors and they even showcased young Stephen playing with the early 00's Raptors on the court.

Hope the Warriors can make some more noise in the West.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #18
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Does anyone think of him as more of a SG? More importantly, does anything think he'd be better suited with either a different kind of SG (like a combo guard or something) or SF like Iguodala?

I just don't see him as a PG in the longhaul, if he's going to be a great player.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #19
LT Ice Cream
Warriors Til I Die

LT Ice Cream has decent reputationLT Ice Cream has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Does anyone think of him as more of a SG? More importantly, does anything think he'd be better suited with either a different kind of SG (like a combo guard or something) or SF like Iguodala?

I just don't see him as a PG in the longhaul, if he's going to be a great player.

He is certainly capable as a longhaul PG for Golden State, he's just one that is more inclined to score first. You have to toss away your idea that a PG always has to be a pass-first kind of player.

Steph is not strong or athletic enough to be a SG. He is at his best when he has the ball and is looking to score, which opens up opportunities for him to pass. He is not a "prototypical" point guard, but he's still a great point guard nonetheless. The ball is moving around fine in Golden State.
LT Ice Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #20
AlexanderRight
I hit open 5-footers

AlexanderRight has an OK reputation so far

Showcasin for his daddy.

But **** him anyways.
AlexanderRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:13 PM   #21
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT Ice Cream
He is certainly capable as a longhaul PG for Golden State, he's just one that is more inclined to score first. You have to toss away your idea that a PG always has to be a pass-first kind of player.

Steph is not strong or athletic enough to be a SG. He is at his best when he has the ball and is looking to score, which opens up opportunities for him to pass. He is not a "prototypical" point guard, but he's still a great point guard nonetheless. The ball is moving around fine in Golden State.

I don't care about a guy being shoot-first or pass-first. Parker is a scorer, but he's always been a PG. Mark Price wasn't a pass-first guy. He was in the middle. Same for Billups. Same for Deron.

I do think he's very good at PG but that's because he has a natural feel for the game that merits some appreciation. But I say Golden State would have been very smart to make a trade for Iguodala before Denver did.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #22
Cali Syndicate
Decent college freshman

Cali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputation

Quote:

He has really good IQ and court vision, passes well, looks to get others involved and has excellent ball handling skills.

I think he's been doing very well at PG.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #23
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

One of our most effective lineups this season is our 3-guard lineup, with Jack at point, Curry at SG, and Thompson at SF. What makes that lineup effective is the ability to run both Thompson and Curry off off-the-ball screens, which leaves the defense paralyzed and scrambling.

That said, Curry is a natural PG, who can also play SG because of his ability to shoot and play off-the-ball.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #24
ralph_i_el
BBeal=Yung DC Snypa

ralph_i_el is popular on this boardralph_i_el is popular on this boardralph_i_el is popular on this boardralph_i_el is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by no pun intended
But the current Warriors defense does not even compare to that of the 2011 Mavericks.

with andrew bogut they might. Healthy Bogut > Chandler defensivly
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #25
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
He has really good IQ and court vision, passes well, looks to get others involved and has excellent ball handling skills.

I think he's been doing very well at PG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
One of our most effective lineups this season is our 3-guard lineup, with Jack at point, Curry at SG, and Thompson at SF. What makes that lineup effective is the ability to run both Thompson and Curry off off-the-ball screens, which leaves the defense paralyzed and scrambling.

That said, Curry is a natural PG, who can also play SG because of his ability to shoot and play off-the-ball.

I think he's a legit all-star caliber PG. But I do like him off the ball and don't believe he needs to be a PG to make up for lack of strength or athleticism.

I don't think he's a natural PG tho. I still like a guy like Iguodala on this team.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #26
LT Ice Cream
Warriors Til I Die

LT Ice Cream has decent reputationLT Ice Cream has decent reputation

Quote:
I think he's a legit all-star caliber PG. But I do like him off the ball and don't believe he needs to be a PG to make up for lack of strength or athleticism.

I don't think he's a natural PG tho. I still like a guy like Iguodala on this team.

Harrison Barnes is kind of like Iggy. Well not quite, but could be down the road.
LT Ice Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #27
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Harrison Barnes is kind of like Iggy. Well not quite, but could be down the road.

? I see Barnes as an elite scorer...not a point forward who excels in transition.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #28
Cali Syndicate
Decent college freshman

Quote:

Like Whoah said, he's more of a scorer's mentality. Most common comparison have been towards Danny Granger.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #29
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball

no pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
with andrew bogut they might. Healthy Bogut > Chandler defensivly
Maybe. But it was more than that. The Mavericks played some insane zone defense with Kidd and Marion.
no pun intended is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: